Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2013, 17:47   #91
BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics! Swift with Suzuki Diesel Engine, Keyless entry / go & cruise control

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
Is this the quotation for vdi or zdi because last time when I asked for price zdi was 8 OTR ahmedabad and 7.75 after discount and exchange bonus.
The Quotation is from Sai Service and is for SWIFT VDI, which for me will be Rs. 7,29,327 OTR after the consumer offer of Rs. 9000.

The consumer offer and exchange bonus is the same for LDI, VDI and ZDI. This is for Mumbai and Navi Mumbai and is for the month of Nov-13.

Quote:
A4anurag has given discounts and price for ZDI variant. Plus he might have cancelled it in october as he has not given the month. The offers change every month. Would like some input from him here.
I understand that the offers change every month and that OTR varies according to local taxes. But, I dont understand the big difference in discounts between Mumbai and Hyderabad.
Hyd : Total discounts : 30+10+10+10 = 60K
Mum: Total discounts : 9 + 15 = 24K

Only FYI: The dealer has promised me delivery in 7-10 days for a White Vdi.

EDIT: But I want to wait to buy a 2014 manufactured car. Not sure if that will fetch me a facelift though.

Last edited by benzinblut : 29th November 2013 at 17:53. Reason: see EDIT
Old 29th November 2013, 18:12   #92
BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics! Swift with Suzuki Diesel Engine, Keyless entry / go & cruise control

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
EDIT: But I want to wait to buy a 2014 manufactured car. Not sure if that will fetch me a facelift though.

If you are ready to wait for around 2.5 months you will be able to lay your hands on the facelift. Since the launch is confirmed for first quarter of 2014. But I have no idea how many of the new features will reach the vdi. It might get the led and auto up feature but I dont think anything more than that. Did your dealer inform you about the update? Or is he trying to sell you the current gen car?

According to my dealer the VDI will face a 5-10k max increase in the price.
Old 29th November 2013, 18:39   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Did your dealer inform you about the update? Or is he trying to sell you the current gen car?
The sales person says he is having no updates on the facelift. He is rather pushy for a 2013 sale to me. And I am keen on a 2014 manufactured car.
Old 29th November 2013, 18:50   #94
BHPian

Quote:
The sales person says he is having no updates on the facelift. He is rather pushy for a 2013 sale to me. And I am keen on a 2014 manufactured car.
Don't I repeat don't go for it even if he gives you great discounts. I say this because you will get lower resale for this car compared to the same gen 2014 model. The sales guy is pushing you because they get higher conmision on remaining stock at the end of the year. He will even tell you that there are no updates. Go for 2014 models whether it is current gen or next gen.
Old 29th November 2013, 18:51   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is a chance they might plan the face lift around Jan time frame, just like they did for Wagon R last year. Cars manufactured in last weeks of December will be difficult to sell comparatively and they did the facelift around that time to minimize the impact of downtime needed for making necessary changes to assembly line. There is a chance they may stop production of current variant and start making new model but wait for formal launch till majority of the existing inventory is cleared out though it shouldn't be a big concern for a model like Swift.

You'll have to wait till at least mid Jan if you want to get a 2014 manufactured car. If you can wait till that time, either make the most out of discounts or wait a bit longer for face lifted version since resale price would also take a hit even if its a zero benefit facelift with just some different colored dials.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2013, 19:33   #96
BANNED

Quote:
Your post suggests something much different to what I see here in Navi Mumbai. Am i missing something?
Quote:
A4anurag has given discounts and price for ZDI variant. Plus he might have cancelled it in october as he has not given the month. The offers change every month. Would like some input from him here.
The booking details and amounts mentioned by me in the previous posts are for Swift ZDi in Torque Blue car. One thing I want to be clear is that this Study will be the 32nd vehicle so that is the reason for the discounts. I am just sharing it and not generalizing the amounts.

Quote:
launch is confirmed for the first half of 2014. To be more specific somewhere around jan or feb 2014.
Love the update. I'm desperate more now.

Quote:
colour choice = white or silver or grey
Nice choice of colours but aren't they all similar looking? Personal choice but still a doubt.

Quote:
Wait till Jan end or Feb for a 2014 MGD car. The sales guys will kill you not choosing the car now but be stem and get the booking of the facelifted version.

I had gone to the dealer at 10am and did the PDI by 12pm. Delivery was at 8 pm but the sales manager felt it would be wise for me to wait for the facelifted one so he cancelled the booking and transferred it as a new booking for the facelifted one.

Anurag.
Old 29th November 2013, 19:49   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Love the update. I'm desperate more now.

Another update from my sources about the price rise in the variants.

ZDI/ZXI - 35-40k

VDI/VXI - 5-10k

LDI/LXI - 0

the LDI/LXI variant remains the same so anyone going for the LDI/LXI can go for the current gen as it will be the same.

booking to begin from first week of jan. But unofficially dealers might start booking from mid december. Confirmation is reaching dealerships. My friend's father is a part manufacturer for MSIL and has confirmed that they have recieved intimation for the update. Expect high discounts for current variants so any discount hunters should wait for some time to get the best deal possible.

booking amount may vary according to the dealer starting from 5k and going upto 50k.

There is also some information that the engine is slightly tweaked to give more km/l not a significant difference though.

Last edited by rockporiom : 29th November 2013 at 19:50.
rockporiom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2013, 21:56   #98
BANNED

Quote:
Another update from my sources about the price rise in the variants.

ZDI/ZXI - 35-40k

VDI/VXI - 5-10k

LDI/LXI - 0

There is also some information that the engine is slightly tweaked to give more km/l not a significant difference though.
I hope the engine is MJD. The price increase also seems to be marginal visba vis the features listed.

Anurag.
Old 29th November 2013, 22:18   #99
BHPian

Quote:
I hope the engine is MJD. The price increase also seems to be marginal visa vis the features listed.

Anurag.
The engine is 1,00,000% the 1248cc MJD which will be mildly tweaked for better effeciency just like the updated sx4 was retuned. It was retuned in europe to return 3.9l/100 kms which converts to 25.6 km/l which will make it the most fuel effecient hatch in the country. I expect dzire also to have an increase of around 1 - 1.5 km/l which is currently at 23.4 km/l so that it can compete with amaze.

MSIL simply can't put their own engine because they have a contract with fiat which won't allow them to put their own engine.

Last edited by rockporiom : 29th November 2013 at 22:19.
rockporiom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2013, 23:12   #100
BANNED

Quote:
The engine is 1,00,000% the 1248cc MJD which will be mildly tweaked for better effeciency just like the updated sx4 was retuned.

MSIL simply can't put their own engine because they have a contract with fiat which won't allow them to put their own engine.
Hope we at least get a VGT one.

IMO, I am yet to see a engine that is as efficient but at the same time frugal like the MJD with a kick from engineers at Suzuki as they have tuned that engine correctly. I will be pleased to see any other engine that is in competition with the DDIS. I am simply in love with it.

Anurag.
Old 29th November 2013, 23:21   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Hope we at least get a VGT one.

IMO, I am yet to see a engine that is as efficient but at the same time frugal like the MJD with a kick from engineers at Suzuki as they have tuned that engine correctly. I will be pleased to see any other engine that is in competition with the DDIS. I am simply in love with it.

Anurag.

Sorry man but no VGT even this time it is the same FGT version just in different state of tune to provide better FE. Frankly if you ask me I would prefer the FGT because of the short bursts of power between 1800 rpm to 3000 rpm that pushes me back in the seat

The VGT needs to be revved to get the best out of it. As we all know swift and dzire both become noisy when they are revved hard so no thanks. Would love the FGT.

plus the VGT would add up costs so it is highly unlikely since it needs a ecu remap and costlier unit altogether. These updates itself are adding 35k so the VGT is out of question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I thought VGT improved the overall powerband and in this case increased the top end power rather than shifting the powerband upwards.

Just drive sx4 super turbo ddis or punto 90hp you will understand what I mean the power starts a bit later but stays longer and the additional power also reduces FE though not drastically. Additional the weight of the swift doesn't demand a VGT why fix something that ain't broken.

I tried driving the vento like the dzire and up shifted at 2200 rpm but realised I was unable to get the best out of it unless I revved it super hard all the way to 3500-3800 rpm. Same with the 90hp punto and sx4 ddis.

Last edited by rockporiom : 29th November 2013 at 23:44.
Old 29th November 2013, 23:34   #102
BANNED

Quote:

Sorry man but no VGT even this time it is the same FGT version just in different state of tune to provide better FE. Frankly if you ask me I would prefer the FGT because of the short bursts of power between 1800 rpm to 3000 rpm that pushes me back in the seat

The VGT needs to be revved to get the best out of it. As we all know swift and dzire both become noisy when they are revved hard so no thanks. Would love the FGT.
:lol

I too love that feeling but just a rise in power to 90 Hp and 200 Nm would be an icing on the cake.

Anurag.
Old 29th November 2013, 23:34   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I thought VGT improved the overall powerband and in this case increased the top end power rather than shifting the powerband upwards.
Old 30th November 2013, 00:39   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Frankly if you ask me I would prefer the FGT because of the short bursts of power between 1800 rpm to 3000 rpm that pushes me back in the seat
Quote:
I too love that feeling but just a rise in power to 90 Hp and 200 Nm would be an icing on the cake.
You guys have got it all wrong. VGT is any day better than a FGT. The maximum torque generated by FGT would be at 1800 rpm and then it would fall down. Whereas in a VGT the peak torque would be available at just 1500 rpm and would keep going on till 2500 rpm. So you have your peak torque much before and also you push back seat affect.

Also the FE is better in a VGT and you get better improved driveability in city given you have the peak torque available at a low range of 1500 rpm. Very few manufacturers are able to tune VGT at such low rpm and make it continue over a wider range of rpm, e.g. VW 1.6 TDi.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2013, 00:44   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
You guys have got it all wrong. VGT is any day better than a FGT. The maximum torque generated by FGT would be at 1800 rpm and then it would fall down. Whereas in a VGT the peak torque would be available at just 1500 rpm and would keep going on till 2500 rpm. So you have your peak torque much before and also you push back seat affect.

Also the FE is better in a VGT and you get better improved driveability in city given you have the peak torque available at a low range of 1500 rpm. Very few manufacturers are able to tune VGT at such low rpm and make it continue over a wider range of rpm, e.g. VW 1.6 TDi.
Hmm...maybe I felt FGT was better because I was driving cars that were overweight with VGT e.g. the punto 90 and sx4. Is this possible? Coz I got that push in seat effect in punto only after 2500 rpm why is that so if the torque comes in earlier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
In Punto you got the push back affect only after crossing 2500 rpm was because its peak torque 209 Nm is made at 2000 rpm which is quite high for a VGT. I don't whether Punto 90 sports a VGT, but if it is then Fiat hasn't tuned the engine properly.

Likewise as I said "Very few manufacturers are able to tune VGT at such low rpm and make it continue over a wider range of rpm, e.g. VW 1.6 TDi.", same isn't the case with 1.3 MJD. Drive a 1.6 TDi and you would start to appreciate two important points
1. Better tune ability by manufacturer for making peak torque at lower rpm and continuing it over a wider range
2. Lastly VGT over a FGT.
Thanks for a great explanation cars out quiet a lot of misconceptions. I can confirm that punto 90 has a VGT just like the sx4 ddis.

The vento is a beast rather a frankenstein on drugs even if you just leave the clutch and not accelerate it can go upto 5th gear without any issues. The torque is immense.

Last edited by rockporiom : 30th November 2013 at 01:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks