Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2013, 22:27   #121
BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics! Swift with Suzuki Diesel Engine, Keyless entry / go & cruise control

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
No no. I am not against the first units but I have to wait as dad currently drives a SX4 and is wanting to change it. So he is planning to change both at a time which he intends to do in mid 2014.

I can understand your condition for the need of the car. But it soon and I'll read your review.

I am confused between colours.

Anurag.
If you want resale go for : white, silver or grey

if you don't care about resale: torque blue or red

my dream swift is a ddis in red with black stock alloys. Or a white one with rs gfx only and black alloys. And mind you not matte black but the shiny one

your dad might be waiting for the financial year to end.

Last edited by rockporiom : 30th November 2013 at 22:29.
Old 30th November 2013, 22:36   #122
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post

If you want resale go for : white, silver or grey

if you don't care about resale: torque blue or red

my dream swift is a ddis in red with black stock alloys. Or a white one with rs gfx only and black alloys. And mind you not matte black but the shiny one

your dad might be waiting for the financial year to end
I love the Torque Blue but none at home like it. I like the White or Red in absolute stock condition, no mod inside or outside.

I am just counting the days. There is some version if the Swift that has rounds dials with white lighting. I was awe and wow seeing that. Searching for that image but not finding it on our forum.

Anurag.
Old 30th November 2013, 23:40   #123
BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics! Swift with Suzuki Diesel Engine, Keyless entry / go & cruise control

Quote:
I love the Torque Blue but none at home like it. I like the White or Red in absolute stock condition, no mod inside or outside.

I am just counting the days. There is some version if the Swift that has rounds dials with white lighting. I was awe and wow seeing that. Searching for that image but not finding it on our forum.

Anurag.
I thought a lot about the variant you were talking about. It is the swift sport. It has a 1.6l 130 bhp engine under the hood. That is not coming to india anytime soon due to our market that favours higher mileage than performance.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP Pics! Swift with Suzuki Diesel Engine, Keyless entry / go & cruise control-suzukiswiftsporti12.jpeg  

Last edited by rockporiom : 30th November 2013 at 23:46.
Old 1st December 2013, 01:43   #124
BANNED

Quote:

I thought a lot about the variant you were talking about. It is the swift sport. It has a 1.6l 130 bhp engine under the hood. That is not coming to india anytime soon due to our market that favours higher mileage than performance.
I love that instrumentation console not that the current one is bad but those white lighting is addictive. I hope the needles are red and glow without the need for pilot lamps to be ON. I can see 'Bluetooth' on the HU. Hope the feature is available in our model also.

I am expecting a 1.6L MJD that will be imported initially for use in SX4 which will be plonked in the Swift as a competition to the Polo GT TDI, May be as a limited edition at least.

@Maruti: I hope your reading this! We ain't asking anything big, only wish is CTRL + C the 1.6L MJD engine and CTRL + V into the New Swift.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 1st December 2013 at 01:45.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2013, 01:53   #125
BHPian

Quote:
I love that instrumentation console not that the current one is bad but those white lighting is addictive. I hope the needles are red and glow without the need for pilot lamps to be ON.

I am expecting a 1.6L MJD that will be imported initially for use in SX4 which will be plonked in the Swift as a competition to the Polo GT TDI, May be as a limited edition at least.

@Maruti: I hope your reading this! We ain't asking anything big, only wish is CTRL + C the 1.6L MJD engine and CTRL + V into the New Swift.

Anurag.
In my dzire the needles had red light even when the lights were completely off. They glow right from acc position of the key just like in the kizashi.

As far as fitting the 1.6 MJD goes it's not as easy as it sound because it has never been used in any of the maruti's earlier so it will have to be seen whether it will fit the swift engine bay. They will have to tune the engine to get the best out of it as it is the first time they are using that engine unlike the 1.3 ddis.

In the GT TDI it is comparatively an easier job since the vento was already using the 1.6 TDi engine and the polo is quiet similar to the vento when it comes to the front so yeah the copy paste technique will work here.
Old 1st December 2013, 02:01   #126
BANNED

Quote:

In my dzire the needles had red light even when the lights were completely off. They glow right from acc position of the key just like in the kizashi.

As far as fitting the 1.6 MJD goes it's not as easy as it sound because it has never been used in any of the maruti's earlier so it will have to be seen whether it will fit the swift engine bay. They will have to tune the engine to get the best out of it as it is the first time they are using that engine unlike the 1.3 ddis.

In the GT TDI it is comparatively an easier job since the vento was already using the 1.6 TDi engine and the polo is quiet similar to the vento when it comes to the front so yeah the copy paste technique will work here.
Nothing is impossible or difficult. Just the will to do will get it done.

May be Maruti will have to do some extension to the chassis / body to accommodate that engine like the way it was done in Alto K10. There has to be a way out and the guys on the drawing board would have done something to this if they feel the need for taking the competition. I know why mend that ain't broken but just that niche market that the GT TDI has can be shared. Now it is monopoly by VW.

Just a thought buddy.

Anurag.
Old 1st December 2013, 02:19   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nothing is impossible or difficult. Just the will to do will get it done.

May be Maruti will have to do some extension to the chassis / body to accommodate that engine like the way it was done in Alto K10. There has to be a way out and the guys on the drawing board would have done something to this if they feel the need for taking the competition. I know why mend that ain't broken but just that niche market that the GT TDI has can be shared. Now it is monopoly by VW.

Just a thought buddy.

Anurag.
The K10 was a job done on a budget. You can forget about that happening to the Swift because it is a premium hatchback and people will expect some level of safety. Merely extending the chassis will hamper its characteristics. Perhaps hoping for a 1.3 mjd with a VGT or a 1.4K series motor might be realistic. Plus 90 horses in the Swift will be more than enough. As it is it out performs several hatches with the FGT equipped 1.3mjd due to its light weight.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2013, 02:29   #128
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post

The K10 was a job done on a budget. You can forget about that happening to the Swift because it is a premium hatchback and people will expect some level of safety. Merely extending the chassis will hamper its characteristics. Perhaps hoping for a 1.3 mjd with a VGT or a 1.4K series motor might be realistic. Plus 90 horses in the Swift will be more than enough. As it is it out performs several hatches with the FGT equipped 1.3mjd due to its light weight.
I agree on the budget modification. It was just a thought that can be applied on the swift without compromising on the safety. If not a VGT us more than welcome and enough for our roads. 90 HP with a remap out a RD Box should take the power up to 100 hp and Torque to 200-220 Nm BUT Only manual transmission preferably 6-Speed.

Umm. I am jumping in excitement just thinking about it.

Anurag.
Old 1st December 2013, 09:59   #129
BHPian

Quote:
I agree on the budget modification. It was just a thought that can be applied on the swift without compromising on the safety. If not a VGT us more than welcome and enough for our roads. 90 HP with a remap out a RD Box should take the power up to 100 hp and Torque to 200-220 Nm BUT Only manual transmission preferably 6-Speed.

Umm. I am jumping in excitement just thinking about it.

Anurag.
Rather than giving a 6 speed they could at least give a longer 5 th gear in the diesel it will not only improve average but also improve performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
If not the 1.4 I won't mind if they guve us a turbo charged 1.2l k series motor giving around 130 bhp

Ususally it is the front that takes the impact in a collision so that needs to be engineered real well to ensure safety. Just elongating the chassis will hamper its structure and the way the crumple zones work.

Guys the thread is going please stick to the original topic of the swift update. No point in giving a wishlist as the car is almost ready.

@A4anurag any updates from your dealer on features or price?

Last edited by rockporiom : 1st December 2013 at 10:08.
Old 1st December 2013, 14:04   #130
BANNED

Quote:
@A4anurag any updates from your dealer on features or price?
No updates yet from him. Visited a few more dealers in the other part of the city and they are clueless about this 'New Swift'. I am surprised.

A dealer gave me 50K discount on the on-Road price and freebies like floor mats, Aux cable, parking sensors and JBL set up all round on the stock HU.

Isn't the current Swift having JBL's?

Anurag?
Old 1st December 2013, 19:31   #131
BHPian

Quote:
No updates yet from him. Visited a few more dealers in the other part of the city and they are clueless about this 'New Swift'. I am surprised.

A dealer gave me 50K discount on the on-Road price and freebies like floor mats, Aux cable, parking sensors and JBL set up all round on the stock HU.

Isn't the current Swift having JBL's?

Anurag?
JBL's in a swift even a kizashi doesn't have that. You sure have high expectations man. I don't know which company speakers the swift has but it is definitely not JBL. I think the head unit is a nippon.

The dealer is dying to sell you the car if he is offering JBL all around are you sure you heard right? Because that's quiet a good deal.

Last edited by rockporiom : 1st December 2013 at 19:55.
Old 1st December 2013, 20:37   #132
BANNED

Quote:
JBL's in a swift even a kizashi doesn't have that. You sure have high expectations man. I don't know which company speakers the swift has but it is definitely not JBL. I think the head unit is a nippon.

The dealer is dying to sell you the car if he is offering JBL all around are you sure you heard right? Because that's quiet a good deal.
Buddy I had all my senses open when I heard it and when I had typed it here

and FYI, I have had JBL's installed in my car (Ritz VDi) all round by Maruti. I have not got it done outside.

I have no clue about the Swift but there was an offer by Maruti as they were offering it in cars when bought.

Anurag.
Old 1st December 2013, 21:12   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Buddy I had all my senses open when I heard it and when I had typed it here

and FYI, I have had JBL's installed in my car (Ritz VDi) all round by Maruti. I have not got it done outside.

I have no clue about the Swift but there was an offer by Maruti as they were offering it in cars when bought.

Anurag.
How much did he charge for it? Have chevrolet dealer do it here but never by maruti. They prefer pioneer and sony here.
Old 1st December 2013, 21:14   #134
BANNED

Quote:
How much did he charge for it? Have chevrolet dealer do it here but never by maruti. They prefer pioneer and sony here.
HU : Sony Xplod CDX-GT494U (52W x 4; USB) - Got this free with the car from Maruti.

Front Components: JBL - GT5 S265C (240W peak power and 60W RMS)

Rear Ovals: JBL GTO 949 Limited Edition 6" x 9" (400W peak power)

All of the above including the parcel tray (wooden one), I was charged 7800/-

Anurag.
Old 2nd December 2013, 15:25   #135
Senior - BHPian

The sales numbers from MSIL for November are out and it confirms that the facelift is round the corner, most possibly Jan.

Compact cars (Swift/Ritz/Estilo) have seen a 24% drop in sales from 23849 to 18122 for November.

Only conclusion out of this is that the dealers are not taking old Swift or Maruti is not making them during the last week of November. Either way, this means Maruti is ready with the facelift.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed