Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2013, 09:22   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda India launches BookYourSKODAOnline.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post

EDIT: Filled up the first page on the website (Name, mobile number, email), hit the next button, selected the variant and closed the website. Got a call from Skoda in 2 minutes (A mumbai number) inquiring about my registration and asked for further details on the car I wished to buy etc. Confirmed all details and they mentioned that it will be forwarded to local dealership and the local dealership will email with the latest deal on the car I wish to purchase shortly. Got an SMS confirming the same as well. Now, that's FAST service.
As an update, the SMS originated from DM-CARWAL (that's the CARWALE guys as mentioned earlier) with the below message:

"Thank you for your time on the phone. Torque Automotives - (SG Highway) (Mob 9099902196) from Torque Automotives - (SG Highway) will email you the on-road price for Skoda Laura L&K 2.0TDI shortly."

By the EOD, I received an email from one of the Sales consultant at Torque explicitly mentioning that the Laura was not available but they've recently launched the all new Octavia. Also attached to the email was the Specification and Price list. (Attaching the price list to different thread).

It is clear Skoda is trying to change its image. This form of customer interaction and speedy follow-up service shows Skoda is now acknowledging its potential customers and willing to take that extra step to make things better for the brand

Last edited by 9thsphinx : 17th October 2013 at 09:23.
9thsphinx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2013, 10:19   #32
BHPian

Skoda online booking is present from the last 1 year at least. However, the difference, an year back the booking amount was 50k, which has now been reduced to 5k. I had aborted the booking process in the middle during December last year, but carwale had my details of the aborted booking process, was prompt to respond within the next few hours and also connected me to a dealership of my choice to arrange a test drive for the next day. But I did not go with Rapid (postponed my plans for a new car).
Old 17th October 2013, 10:23   #33
Senior - BHPian

I was also just trying the online booking process, within 2 minutes got a call from Skoda #022-41928888 enquiring about my requirements, need for finance and if I like to exchange any vehicle, this may be a very small step by Skoda but definitely positive. My cousin has been owning a Fabia for past 1.6 year and the service experience has been very good with Tafe, Hosur road and never had anything to complain.
Old 17th October 2013, 12:30   #34
Senior - BHPian

Well, I don't think the instant overwhelming response by carwale.com guys is not just limited to bookings/ enquiries made thru' BookMySkodaOnline.com.

While browsing thru' carewale.com, just fill up the customer form on the bottom of the page and hit the submit button. You will even get a greater response.

I still don't know if its right to give SKODA the credits for the instant response experienced by few members out here.

I'd be really really happy, if this online initiative brings about a change in the attitude of folks at the dealer level. Let's wait and watch!
Old 17th October 2013, 20:03   #35
BHPian

At least Skoda is taking steps to get closer to the customers. It will take some time to change perception, but let's give some benefit of doubt that things would turn for the better. This online booking initiative is not a major step though, but just a beginning. Equip the service centers with

1. Train the mechanics properly with several workshops centrally and induction programmes (sometihng like managment trainees) so they get to know the car really well after which the personnel are posted at the service centers
2. Appoint people with customer service orientation and go the extra mile each time a customer walks in for an enquiry or with a problem

When the above two things work in unison, you get closer to the customers!

Let's wait and watch!
Old 17th October 2013, 20:49   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbaramu View Post
Skoda online booking is present from the last 1 year at least. However, the difference, an year back the booking amount was 50k, which has now been reduced to 5k.
Not exactly accurate. The booking amount is still 50k but you need to pay 5k online to book and the balance offline at the respective dealership to "confirm" the booking. Think of it as a token advance indicating your seriousness to proceed with the deal, that's all.
Old 17th October 2013, 21:12   #37
Team-BHP Support

Does this mean - once you "book" the car online, the order is placed directly with Skoda; rather than the dealer doing it for you?

This might help to circumvent preferential allotment of vehicles etc.

But here's what I'm wondering:

1) As someone pointed out, what about discounts, freebies?
2) What if you're not happy with the vehicle allotted to you? VIN, damage etc.

Also, given how big a part egos play in the Indian value system, I wonder if an online booking will set off a negative prejudice in the dealer's mind about the buyer.

Allow customization and then we're talking!
Old 17th October 2013, 21:38   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Does this mean - once you "book" the car online, the order is placed directly with Skoda; rather than the dealer doing it for you?

This might help to circumvent preferential allotment of vehicles etc.
Sadly, it doesn't work that way.

After all the online booking et stuff, you are still left at the mercy of the dealership. You don't have any option to even track the status of your booking. Please read post #2 to know exactly how it works!
Old 17th October 2013, 21:54   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Sadly, it doesn't work that way.

After all the online booking et stuff, you are still left at the mercy of the dealership. You don't have any option to even track the status of your booking. Please read post #2 to know exactly how it works!
Thought so. Wonder what Skoda is trying to achieve with all this charade.
Old 19th October 2013, 13:09   #40
BHPian

Looking purely at the positive side, it looks like Skoda is trying to bring in more transparency with such initiatives. Some time back they put all the list of spare parts online. However, buying online does not provide a new buyer an opportunity to negotiate the price, extra accessories etc. I am not sure how it is going to help a new buyer.
Old 28th October 2013, 20:42   #41
BHPian

Here's my experience. I had checked out the online booking form and entered my details, but didn't go through with the payment.

A day after, I got a call form a Mumbai number and told me that he'll forward my details to the two Skoda dealers at my nearby town. He also asked me for any other help that I might need for which I asked him to suggest who would be the better dealer. I knew the answer that I would get and he stayed true to that & his job by saying both are good dealers .

Another day passed and today I received a call from one of the dealers and promised me delivery of 2014 Model Rapid in 2 weeks at the same price of the old one with free insurance.

While I am still pondering between Rapid & Vento, the scale is tilting towards Rapid slowly.

Below is the quote generated by Carwale and the quote I received is the same minus the free insurance.

Ex-Showroom Price 9,95,040 (A) RTO 87,603 (B) Insurance 38,387 (C) On Road Price 11,21,030 (D=A+B+C)
rejeen is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks