Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2013, 10:42   #16

re: Rumour: VW Jetta facelift launching soon in India *EDIT: launched!*

Being a Jetta Highline AT owner i would say, that the xenon lights certainly is the most important feature to be added in the new jetta as the current setup does not provide sufficient visibility.
I do like the headlamps and the tail lights in terms of looks on the current jetta and am not a fan of the passat like LEDs either as they look half finished or unpolished, due to the abundance of audi LEDs on road.But offcourse if we consider "something" in place of "nothing" then offcourse the LED DRLs are a welcome feature.
A sunroof would definitely mar the competition sales.

And having seen the after sales experiences of the skoda owners, i advice my friends against skoda vehicles. Offcourse none of the dealers or manufacturers provide upto the mark service in India, but team-bhp itself has tons of 'not-so-good' skoda grievance reports.

And i do agree that the experience differs individual to individual. Not taking side of Volkswagen at all as even i have some bad experience with my dealer while getting the puddle lights fixed. They broke the RVM and tried to put the cost on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubolt View Post
I remember, when I first asked the VW sales rep for a Jetta to test drive, I was reminded that I had an Indigo CS.
Which dealer?

Cheers.
Old 29th October 2013, 11:01   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The ride, handling, engine and overall feel make it very much worth the premium. Infact the Jetta makes the Passat fee redundant as it offers a similar if not better driving characteristics.
I don't think I'd agree with that. Sure when it comes to driving pleasure the Jetta is ahead, it has better handling and feels tighter. But the Passat does feel a level above the Jetta in terms of interior feel, refinement, and even ride. It just feels like a more premium car. I'm talking about Passat Highline vs Jetta Highline.

Sure when you see the 8-9l diff the Jetta does seem VFM. But for someone who can afford the Passat I don't think there would be much of a doubt which one to go for.
Akshay1234 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th October 2013, 16:19   #18

I had a chat with the sales representative who was involved in my Jetta purchase. He said that they are expecting the facelifted Jetta this year itself.

Cheers.
Old 29th October 2013, 19:14   #19
Senior - BHPian

The Octavia feature list must have left VW embarrassed and they finally decided to give us features that should have been there in the first place.
What were they thinking offering a Polo with Climate Control and a Jetta Highline with manual air-conditioning?

It may be a case of too little too late though.
Old 29th October 2013, 19:20   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket_N View Post
Being a Jetta Highline AT owner i would say, that the xenon lights certainly is the most important feature to be added in the new jetta as the current setup does not provide sufficient visibility.
I do like the headlamps and the tail lights in terms of looks on the current jetta and am not a fan of the passat like LEDs either as they look half finished or unpolished, due to the abundance of audi LEDs on road.But offcourse if we consider "something" in place of "nothing" then offcourse the LED DRLs are a welcome feature.
A sunroof would definitely mar the competition sales.

And having seen the after sales experiences of the skoda owners, i advice my friends against skoda vehicles. Offcourse none of the dealers or manufacturers provide upto the mark service in India, but team-bhp itself has tons of 'not-so-good' skoda grievance reports.

And i do agree that the experience differs individual to individual. Not taking side of Volkswagen at all as even i have some bad experience with my dealer while getting the puddle lights fixed. They broke the RVM and tried to put the cost on me.

Which dealer?

Cheers.
Finally the jetta pushes itself closer to the laura/octavia with these features.
Electric seats with memory, panoramic sunroof, DSG in the mid level trims, better 1.4 TSI engine still keeps the octavia in front. But the multi-link suspension setup for diesels is a big one in favour of the jetta.

The 'who has the worse A.S.S' question cannot have a general answer. In chennai VW owners have been going mad dealing with VW aftersales dept. The skoda dealer here is marginally better.

I've mentioned this before and ill say it again. It is imperative that one does his/her own research into the reputation of the dealers in their respective states/cities. If you just blindly go by what you hear and read on forums you might end up eliminating great cars during your selection process unnecessarily.

That being said one thing is for sure. VW and SKODA are miles behind the japs and koreans in terms of maintainence cost, reliability and customer service. And they have been hiding behind the "our products are superior hence the higher maintainence cost and reliability issues" excuse for far too long. They need to realise that this is a competition and they are losing badly. 350+ elantras sold in september and only 49 jettas. Need i say more?
vinj14 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2013, 08:07   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Which dealer?

Cheers.
BUB-Pimpri. I just gave up after that. Then after a month I got a call from Pashan about my earlier enquiry, and then onwards the experience was exemplary.

Last edited by noopster : 30th October 2013 at 08:28.
Old 30th October 2013, 13:07   #22
BHPian

Volkswagen has launched the facelifted Jetta (received a tweet from BS Motoring)

According to BS Motoring:
"- Starts at Rs 13.7 lakh, ex-showroom, New Delhi
- Gets Xenon headlamps with washers, dual-zone climatronic AC
- LED daytime running lights and new 16-inch alloy wheels
- Bluetooth compatible music system now on offer

The Jetta continues to be powered by a 1.4-litre TSi petrol engine, producing 122 bhp and a 2.0-litre diesel engine with 138 bhp. The latter is also offered with the six-speed DSG gearbox as an option. The Jetta is offered in three trims with prices ranging from Rs 13.7 lakh to Rs 19.43 lakh, ex-showroom, New Delhi"
Old 30th October 2013, 13:57   #23
BHPian

Yes seems VW has finally launched the updated Jetta. I spoke to a dealer a week ago. He gave me a hint saying VW is just waiting to clear old Jettas from the stockyards. The moment this is done, the facelift will be launched. I think India is the first market to get a facelift to for the Jetta, the current generation I mean. Do they sell Jetta' with these features abroad already?

ACI says petrol only comes with a manual, is that true? http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...kh-362459.aspx
Old 31st October 2013, 05:51   #24
BHPian

That's a great update! Can't wait now to get one. That's the first thing that I am going to do as soon as I am back in India - get a Jetta!! Any confirmation if seat memory function is available on HL now?
Old 31st October 2013, 08:32   #25
Team-BHP Support

Am still not able to understand why VW is not launching the Comfortline trim with the DSG box.

The Highline now has Xenon's with LED DRL and dual zone climate control and the price difference between CL and HL has gone up.

Why not add the CL with DSG to boost sales. I'm sure majority in this segment will want to opt for the DSG but since only top end variant is available they might even be looking at other options.
Old 31st October 2013, 09:49   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Am still not able to understand why VW is not launching the Comfortline trim with the DSG box.
I agree, the Comfortline trim with DSG has the potential to do good numbers (even in the petrol space). Probably they are limited by the availability of CKD kits with DSG, and giving priority to markets where automatics are the preferred option.

And it’s interesting that VW has gone on an entirely different route when rolling out new variants/facelifts. The Polo GT TSI got a low key launch, and after that the Polo GT TDI, Vento TSI, and now the Jetta facelift – all added into their lineup silently

Last edited by vb-saan : 31st October 2013 at 09:52. Reason: additional comment
Old 2nd November 2013, 16:21   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I don't think I'd agree with that. Sure when it comes to driving pleasure the Jetta is ahead, it has better handling and feels tighter. But the Passat does feel a level above the Jetta in terms of interior feel, refinement, and even ride. It just feels like a more premium car. I'm talking about Passat Highline vs Jetta Highline.

Sure when you see the 8-9l diff the Jetta does seem VFM. But for someone who can afford the Passat I don't think there would be much of a doubt which one to go for.
The Jetta is actually the ideal car for anyone who is self driven over the passat. I actually like the jetta very much. But it somehow does not feel premium enough. I mean the material used for its seats with artificial perforations is just plain ridiculous. What was VW thinking???

The interior of the passat highline looks just fabulous imo with the right mix of quality, design and equipment. And VW better launch the jetta highline with proper leather seats (in black like passat's highline for differentiation) and a sunroof along with the xenons and DRL's and watch it fly out of the showrooms.
Old 25th April 2014, 11:04   #28
Team-BHP Support

Volkswagen is rumoured to be readying an updated Jetta for India. The car will feature changes to its interior, exterior and engine in line with the 2015 Jetta which has debuted at the ongoing New York Motor Show.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Old 31st August 2014, 20:47   #29
BHPian

Does anyone have any idea on when the new generation 2015 Jetta showcased in the 2014 New York Auto show will be launched in India? I have heard that it might come in 2015 but is there any chance they will launch it in Q4 this year? Will definitely spice up the competition in that segment.
Old 8th October 2014, 09:58   #30
Senior - BHPian

Now that the 2015 Jetta is almost here, here are the changes that can be expected:

1. Updated Stereo/speakers with GPS**
2. Glossy black on central console
3. 150 Bhp 2.0 Tdi engine (this was here for homogolation)
4. More FE from ARAI for the auto variant
5. Completely revised front bumper, grill and rear tail lights
6. Stop/Start button
7. Reverse Camera
8. New flat bottom steering wheel
9. Sunroof*** (conflicting reports)
10. Memory seats
11. DSG in comfortline variant ** (conflicting reports)

All these features with essentially 30k price increase on list. This doesn't sound big, but currently with discounts anywhere between 1 Lakh to 1.5 Lakhs. The net price increase would be 1.3 to 1.8 lakhs for the new car.

Personally I don't find any features worth 2 lakhs as in Bangalore it puts the price of Jetta close to 25 lakhs on road. This means you are just 5 lakhs shy of buying an X1 with 180 horses, and the BMW badge. In my opinion the DSG Jetta currently being sold at 22-22.5 Lakhs on road Bangalore is great value.

Here are some pictures of 2015 Jetta to drool at:

Rumour: VW Jetta facelift launching soon in India *EDIT: launched!*-2015vwjetta32.jpg

Rumour: VW Jetta facelift launching soon in India *EDIT: launched!*-2015-vw-jetta0002thumb530xauto341952.jpg

Rumour: VW Jetta facelift launching soon in India *EDIT: launched!*-2015-vw-jetta0003thumb530xauto34198.jpg

Here are the 2014 Jetta Pictures for comparison:
Attached Thumbnails
Rumour: VW Jetta facelift launching soon in India *EDIT: launched!*-volkswagenjetta.jpg  

Rumour: VW Jetta facelift launching soon in India *EDIT: launched!*-newjettarear.jpg  

Rumour: VW Jetta facelift launching soon in India *EDIT: launched!*-volkswagenjettainteriorview623.jpg  

Last edited by aseem : 8th October 2014 at 10:02.
aseem is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed