Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2013, 09:05   #91
vij
BHPian

Re: Compact sedan? No thank you!

@saurav9385
Space to park ecosport? Its a sub 4m car man.
Compact SUV Duster like jupiter and humongous? Are u serious? Lol
vij is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2013, 09:40   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
Just because you got a Scorpio, does not mean that you can generalize your thoughts
Sourav, I am not generalizing and as I said it is just my thought ... each car-lover has their own tastes in cars and maybe some people just like the road-domination that an SUV can offer, maybe someone likes the convenience and comfort of a hatchback, someone may like the plush feel of premium sedans etc. etc.
Old 31st October 2013, 10:13   #93
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I went on a day trip for work to Madras yesterday. I fixed a cab with CarzOnRent and the bloke met us at Central in nice, clean, Swift Dzire Tour.

Despite being 6.2 in height and large built too, I maintain that this vehicle is one of the more comfy vehicles to be driven about in. The ride is smooth and there is almost no noise from the gearbox and engine. The suspension and springing is excellent. The legroom is perfect. A cavernous boot helps if one is carrying luggage. Easy to drive, park and maneuvre in the city.
The seats are plush and comfortable and supportive. If there is a bit of an irritant, it is that the sloping roof at the rear might cause a bit of headroom loss.
But otherwise I really think this car has hit the spot for us Indians.

While I can just as easily call for a Toyota Corolla or Innova or other bigger, more expensive, next segment, ego- massage car when I am travelling in other cities in India, I somehow have been finding the Dzire to be absolutely perfect for my needs and am thoroughly content. This is my feedback having used the Dzire car as a taxi consistently over the last 5 years while travelling.
shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2013, 12:26   #94
BHPian

While each person has his own reason to buy something as hideous as an Amaze of a Dzire, we are only discussing a pattern here. Not everybody may fit into the pattern, but most would. It is beyond question that, in India, a "boot" is considered a status symbol. And, I don't see any reason other than this status symbol that make people pick a dzire or an amaze over their hatch counterparts, the swift and the brio.

A lac or two more for a weird box stuck on the back? I think it is crazy.
Old 31st October 2013, 13:15   #95
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
fixed a cab with CarzOnRent and the bloke met us at Central in nice, clean, Swift Dzire Tour.

Despite being 6.2 in height and large built too, I maintain that this vehicle is one of the more comfy vehicles to be driven about in. The ride is smooth and there is almost no noise from the gearbox and engine. The suspension and springing is excellent. The legroom is perfect. A cavernous boot helps if one is carrying luggage. Easy to drive, park and maneuvre in the city.

While I can just as easily call for a Toyota Corolla or Innova or other bigger, more expensive, next segment, ego- massage car when I am travelling in other cities in India, I somehow have been finding the Dzire to be absolutely perfect for my needs and am thoroughly content. This is my feedback having used the Dzire car as a taxi consistently over the last 5 years while travelling.
Fantastically written. Lovely. You just wrote my heart out. I too have felt the same. If luggage is not much and the travel is mostly in city the Swift Dzire Tour ticks all the boxes for car on rent. Would be cheaper on the pocket and cam find easy parking spaces.

Maruti does know the pulse if the Indian market and can never loose a customer who enters its showroom for a Swift/Swift Dzire. Hats off.

Anurag.
Old 31st October 2013, 13:58   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Fantastically written. Lovely. You just wrote my heart out. I too have felt the same. If luggage is not much and the travel is mostly in city the Swift Dzire Tour ticks all the boxes for car on rent. Would be cheaper on the pocket and cam find easy parking spaces.

Maruti does know the pulse if the Indian market and can never loose a customer who enters its showroom for a Swift/Swift Dzire. Hats off.

Anurag.
If am hiring a taxi, I would even look at the ambassador or the Indigo. They have better space and better back benches. BUT, I'd never buy one of these as my personal car. Nor the Dzire.
Old 31st October 2013, 14:01   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
I have a new swift Dzire and I LOVE the way it looks and drives. It's my money and the choice to buy was mine. People who are on a Dzire bashing spree should also understand that they did not buy it for a particular reason and those who brought it, had their own reasons. Everyone has a right to opinion and I thought I will express mine too, as a PROUD owner of a CS. Does it give me pride that I own an almost sedan, heck no. Pride was last of what mattered to me when I brought the car, it was the looks and the comfort it offered. In the same Vein, I hate the Amaze and its older sibling Brio. But Just because I dont like them, does it give me the right to call them names?? I really dont think so, as there are people who would have liked those too.
In short - People buy what they like, want, afford, need. It is their choice to make, not anyone else's.
Bang on! What you buy is an individual choice at the end of the day. If it works for you, why not! I mean CS sedans are the end result of a government policy and if Manufacturers and consumers have adapted to it, then there is no reason to even debate. If some one wants to debate about CS sedans, then it has to be about the policy itself and not target the customer for buying them nor bash the manufacturer for working around the policy. I personally do not get the concept of a compact SUV like the ecosport either. I'm not the one to call it a souped up hatch back, but its no SUV for sure. If a 8 lakh compact sedan is overpriced, then so is a 10lakh compact sedan. But they both are selling like hot cakes and its just the way the indian market is evolving.

Quote:
The seats are plush and comfortable and supportive. If there is a bit of an irritant, it is that the sloping roof at the rear might cause a bit of headroom loss.
This is my feedback having used the Dzire car as a taxi consistently over the last 5 years while travelling.
Again, just what i thought! My first car was the earlier gen Dzire which I bought in 2008. It was fantastic value for money, the multijet engine was peppy, delivered 16-17kmpl no matter what, swallowed up huge suitcases. I got this car just before my marriage and it proved very practical for moving around things, frequent trips to my native. I wasn't a fan of its looks, but boy it was a great first car, especially since I was just starting a family. I eventually sold it last year, not very willingly though, but just knowing that keeping the earlier gen Dzire would fetch me a lower re-sale value later. Even today, I look for Dzire tour taxis when I travel from the Airport, but its hard to find since most cabs are either Logans or the Etios.
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2013, 14:18   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In short - People buy what they like, want, afford, need. It is their choice to make, not anyone else's.
+10. Absolutely agree to you man. You just said it. I also like cars costing 20-30 Lacs but i cant afford it So i am happy with what i have, what i can afford. I have old Swift DZire Vxi and it does job very well for me. I need big boot whenever i go out to my hometown. With its 465 Liters of boot space, it always does the job for me. So point is whoever likes small sedans for its cost, economy, size, prestige etc they should buy it. CS models are already a hit in the market and will do better with cars like Dzire, Amaze, Ecosport etc.
aniketi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2013, 17:17   #99
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Bang on! What you buy is an individual choice at the end of the day. If it works for you, e earlier gen Dzire which I bought in r. Even today, I look for Dzire tour taxis when I travel from the Airport, but its hard to find since most cabs are either Logans or the Etios.
I always ask the Airport cab chap for a Dzire Tour! Nowadays though my regular taxi chap who lives near my house comes for both pickup and drop but he has an Indigo XL which is also very comfy!
Old 31st October 2013, 19:42   #100
Senior - BHPian

I find it extremly weird and hilarious that people who buy an ecosport, which in itself is a compact SUV, find the CS sedans to be weird. Can there be any better oximoron to this?

OT - Found this apt for this one. "People who live in a glass house, should be watchful when they take bath"

Again, everyone has right to a opinion, but not to be dismissive.

Last edited by dass : 31st October 2013 at 19:43.
Old 31st October 2013, 20:08   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I find it extremly weird and hilarious that people who buy an ecosport, which in itself is a compact SUV, find the CS sedans to be weird. Can there be any better oximoron to this?

OT - Found this apt for this one. "People who live in a glass house, should be watchful when they take bath"

Again, everyone has right to a opinion, but not to be dismissive.
Why so sensitive my friend - the length has nothing to do with the overall appeal of the design. One man's matter of fact opinion may be dismissive to another. That is but the nature of the internet!

So chillax and remember: http://xkcd.com/386/
phamilyman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2013, 20:17   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post

This was hilarious...

I was only saying that when we think something is right for us, it may be same for someone else on what they feel is right.
However, I agree to you.
Old 31st October 2013, 20:27   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Why so sensitive my friend - the length has nothing to do with the overall appeal of the design. One man's matter of fact opinion may be dismissive to another. That is but the nature of the internet!

That was a hilarious way of putting things. Yes you are absolutely right, everybody's entitled to their own opinion. One thinks its right and other thinks its wrong.

Same here one thinks compact sedans are a right choice and other thinks compact sedans are a wrong choice. But following all the posts in the thread I came to conclusion that it is all about the necessity and our personal choice rather than what is right and what is wrong.
Old 31st October 2013, 21:12   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How do you rate the tour against the Verito and the Etios. Seems like they have everything that the Dzire does plus better room, ride quality and less lag.
Old 31st October 2013, 21:24   #105
BHPian

Few people on this thread are hinting that people who buy dzire/amaze buy it only coz they want to feel or show off that they have a bigger car.

Wouldnt this be just oppposite for the TOP Variant? I mean for the price they pay for the TOP variant, they can get entry/mid level variant of Vento/City. If the intention was just to show off, wouldnt they just buy these entry level variant of the so called next level car? Safety be damned. Not saying that people who buy mid-level variant buy it to show off.

I think people buy based on their needs and ofcourse their financial situation.

Also i dont understand this just 20% more logic.. That would be speaking from one's perspective and Financial stand point which may not be the case with everyone and this logic can be applied anywhere and everywhere.

Why buy three series, pay 20% more and get 5 series.

Why buy 2BHK, pay 20% more and get 3BHK.. Why buy 3BHK, pay 20% more get 4BHK.

And if you can stretch by 20%, why cant you just stretch it by another 5%.?? I mean whats the difference between 20% and 25% anyways??

Talk about annual increment.
LoneWolf9 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks