Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2014, 11:19   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Next-gen Hyundai Sonata to get a toned down design?

Hyundai is back to some dirty tricks, which could lead to foot in mouth scenario. The company has now admitted that it has overstated the mileage numbers of the 2015 Sonata in publicity material.

As per the same, the all-new Sonata can return 29.6 mpg US (35.4 mpg UK or 7.9 liters / 100 km), but tests carried out by the US government say it actually does 28.4 mpg US (34.1 mpg UK or 8.2 liters / 100 km). The company has now specified that it wasn’t a deliberate mistake as they only wanted to point out the car’s six percent improved fuel economy despite the added weight of the Sonata.

More details here:

http://www.motoroids.com/news/hyunda...city-material/
Old 19th March 2014, 13:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Another pic showing different colours:

Attachment 1219871

Source - Bobaedream.co.kr via IAB
The current Sonata still looks so fresh and attractive! I can't believe its been 5 years and its past its lifecycle. The replacement seems toned down and i guess this was the intent.
Old 19th March 2014, 13:30   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
The current Sonata still looks so fresh and attractive! I can't believe its been 5 years and its past its lifecycle. The replacement seems toned down and i guess this was the intent.
Probably they want the Western elegance to reflect in design rather then Eastern flashiness.
Old 19th March 2014, 13:36   #19
Senior - BHPian

Why does Hyundai need to continue this in their line up.

Whatever said and done, I would still believe that the best Sonata Design is the Jaguar inspired Sonata and Sonata Gold.

Sonata has not been their star performer and hence needs to sort of discontinued.
Old 24th March 2014, 15:12   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai decided to copy Audi this time and they have made sure they didn't even spare the interior.
I have no reason to complain. It looks really nice.
Old 24th March 2014, 15:14   #21
Team-BHP Support

Hyundai has officially revealed the 2015 Sonata sedan in South Korea.
The seventh-gen Sonata is 35 mm longer and 30 mm wider than the car it replaces and comes with a choice of three four-cylinder engines for the Korean market:
2.0 CVVL - 1999 cc, 168 PS, 20.5 kgm
2.4 GDi - 2359 cc, 193 PS, 25.2 kgm
2.0 LPi - 1999 cc, 151 PS, 19.8 kgm
Transmission options include a 6-speed automatic and a 6-speed manual.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Next-gen Hyundai Sonata to get a toned down design?-2015hyundaisonatafront.jpg
Next-gen Hyundai Sonata to get a toned down design?-2015hyundaisonatarear.jpg
Next-gen Hyundai Sonata to get a toned down design?-2015hyundaisonataside.jpg
Next-gen Hyundai Sonata to get a toned down design?-2015hyundaisonatacabin.jpg
Next-gen Hyundai Sonata to get a toned down design?-2015hyundaisonata06850x429.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 24th March 2014 at 15:34.
Aditya is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th March 2014, 15:45   #22
BHPian

Looks good! Finally, the new Gen Sonata looks so very real in its design and doesn't borrow heavily from its competitors!

Looking at how the new Santa-Fe has been received, Hyundai should be able to sell decent numbers of the new Sonata in India! Way to go Hyundai!!
Old 24th March 2014, 20:15   #23
BHPian

Internally, this car would go to be the best in its class, with very classic interiors like Skoda Superb, but externally I like the current gen better. Nevertheless looks great. Wether it will sell well in India, if and when launched, is to be seen.
Old 25th March 2014, 12:16   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Man, the Koreans in no time will become an "aspirational" brand! I am so dumbstruck with the way they have been evolving and they truly deserve to be number 1 in India with the kind of products they give.

This car looks so much better than the current fluidic Sonata!
Old 5th July 2014, 12:47   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

The all-new, 7th-generation Hyundai Sonata will be launched in India in 2015, Motorbeam reports. The "overdone" Fluidic styling of the present-gen Sonata has gone for a massive makeover, with more sophisticated lines and curves and matured design flow, which would appeal a lot more to the corporate-class buyers in that price segment.

The Sonata will compete with the all-new versions of the Volkswagen Passat and the Skoda Superb, when it arrives in India next year.

Quote:
With the seventh generation Sonata, the styling has seen a massive change. Based on the evolved Fluidic Sculpture 2.0 design philosophy, the lines are far more restrained. The front features a new trapezoidal grille with LED DRLs on the bumper, while the sweptback headlights look mature. The rear profile features clean and tapered lines, while the tail lights look very European and premium on the sedan.

Adding a touch of sportiness though is the coupe-like roofline on the 2015 Sonata. On the inside, the cabin is loaded with features and the layout looks sophisticated. The Sonata comes with a multi-function flat bottom steering wheel, 8-inch touchscreen infotainment display along with USB, AUX and Bluetooth connectivity, voice recognition and smartphone integration offered as standard. Hyundai also says that the seventh generation model uses 51 percent of Advanced High Strength Steel in the construction of the sedan that makes it significantly lighter than the outgoing model.

The 2015 Sonata will come with the same 2.4-litre 4-cylinder GDI engine producing 201 PS of power and 250 Nm of torque, paired to a 6-speed manual or a SHIFTRONIC automatic transmission. Reports also suggest that Hyundai is working on a diesel powered Sonata with a CRDi engine that could also make an appearance in the country next year.

Next-gen Hyundai Sonata to get a toned down design?-2015hyundaisonatausa.jpg

Next-gen Hyundai Sonata to get a toned down design?-2015hyundaisonatausafront.jpg

Next-gen Hyundai Sonata to get a toned down design?-2015hyundaisonatausaside.jpg

Next-gen Hyundai Sonata to get a toned down design?-2015hyundaisonatausarear.jpg

SOURCE (and pics courtesy) - MotorBeam
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2014, 12:59   #26
Senior - BHPian

Wow! Very well done. It looks so much better then the current Sonata - both outside & inside. I love the steering wheel.
Old 2nd June 2015, 15:37   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Found this marketing video in the official channel, now I always thought that Hyundai was great in marketing, specially in the overseas markets but this video couldn't have come at a better time. All the things shown here really makes sense to me because I always felt that a car isn't about features, rather its about the basics of safety, stability & sound isolation.

The above video shows exactly the same direction taken by Hyundai for their Sonata & possibly all of their upcoming cars as well. It shows a preference for simplicity over style & stability over speed. In India most of the European car owners do not hesitate when they say that Hyundai is not as well built or not as "solid" as theirs, they aren't completely wrong when they say that - Hyundai themselves sort-of admit it in this video which is good news because they are now daring to compare themselves with the best of the best. A few changes I can make out by this video and a related article is as follows :

- Use of 51% AHSS (advanced high strength steel) from Hyundai's own plant. The rigidity and tensile strength is higher than that of galvanized steel. Also 53% of the total steel used is AHSS.

- Use of hood cladding and under-engine+chassis protection plates for more sound isolation and protection.

- Rear multi-link suspension tweaked to be more adaptive to driving terrain, dual lower suspension arms replacing single ones.

- Ring safety structure with extra strength added to the cages encircling A, B & C pillars.

- Focus on haptics > sound of the door shut, tactile feedback of buttons & levers.

All the above points of improvements show that Hyundai is going in the right path finally. Driving was never about gizmos & gadgetry, it was about going back to the elementary principles while trying to balance between safety, fuel efficiency & driving experience. I'm convinced Hyundai has got it in their DNA now.

Link :http://www.autos.ca/auto-tech/auto-t...hyundai-style/

Last edited by dark.knight : 2nd June 2015 at 15:40. Reason: Added article link.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks