Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2006, 17:31   #151
BHPian

Yes i checked out and you are right, this facts were given to me by a top TATA guy obviously he was wrong,much of what i say was on this source this man is from the lcv division,BUT rest of what i have said i will stand by not just stand by i can prove it...heck you can just strip and compare it or speak to(if you know anyone closely)IN tata DEALERSHIPS,now my point is not what Ravi kant was its rather what he has done in terms of quality to my favorite vehicle,the MD's car i have mentioned is a big example,AND this is the explanation DEALER's and workshops are getting on complaint's customers are given different elusive answers,

and i also say take my facts on the parts and complaints mentioned above to a TATA motors people i will provide customer's and cars and put my points and see if they will deny it?i write it as i see it and i have seen that v sumantran being an engineer was taking the right steps before this things started to happen--dicor comes---dicor improves---price cuts(WORST MOVE TOWARDS EXISTING AND IN SAFARI"S CASE LOYAL SOLDIERS)--imroves again---model(will) change!!!in less than 2 years!!

what is the mental state of customers during each of these moves?not that this is my opinion during the dealers meet in kodaikanal 05-06 it was voiced loudly warning dissent from customers by most of the dealers some pleading to consider refund to old ones instead of advertising blitzkrieg!

this was met with a mute silence,AND what does TATA need today engineering and quality improvements or strategy best suited to lcv's?

i today will say with confidence that tata lcv's can be trusted more than cars!!mr Kant has done his job there well but his mantra of cost cutting was also done by Diamler Benz which reduced(IN a journos words)a w124 which seemed ovr-engineered to about 300% to the present ones which seem about 130-150% and not TATA for which you cannot use the word over-engineered!!!these people cannot use the above strategy!!!

the proof is there if you look closer and what iam saying is Mr Kants strategy is going haywire(Pcd)for both customer's and TATA motors and putting a additional layer of beuraucracy in the form of DQTC(dealer quality controller)who sits on dealer's heads and acts a role of slave whipper instead of getting their basic engineering and quality in place,

iam sorry get to be off topic from the thread and anyone wants any specific info of workings and quality problems,and new policies and haywire attitude AND all the other things please pm me(IF genuine and relevent)i will reply,

being inside and working with them on multiple areas there are a lot of facts which are based on my above words and can never be expressed without a risk of harm to my buisness so i end it here.

thanks for hearing me out
Old 6th December 2006, 18:25   #152
BHPian

Today when i talked to a Tata dealer about the launch of new 2.2l DICOR.
he replied first by giving me the specs of new engine that were same as suv posted and then he told me that it will be launched around september and will be little bit smaller then current dicor and will be priced around 14 L.
and will target different segment.

any comments (please say its all wrong).
Old 6th December 2006, 20:39   #153
Team-BHP Support

dr fate, I read your post (the last one) atleast three times. I'm sorry, I couldn't make out what you're trying to say. Could you kindly make it simple for me to understand?

Sorry if I'm bothering you.
Old 6th December 2006, 21:38   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
dr fate, I read your post (the last one) atleast three times. I'm sorry, I couldn't make out what you're trying to say.
A couple of malts and it will all be crystal clear....
Old 6th December 2006, 22:08   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr fate View Post
and right too for soaps and cosmetics even you and i can do it in a small scale with a little!! quality difference,

the numbers have picked up so have disgruntled elements including yours truely who foolishly sold his 03,04 tcic for 05,06 dicors happy with his former and flawless(well almost)experience to a nightmare which ended up in sale of one after just 5500kms and really happy with the second one

THEY ARE STILL NOT GETTING IT.
NEITHER AM I!!

Sorry Dr. Fate, it is almost impossible to understand your posts, maybe a little more appropriate punctuation would help?
Old 6th December 2006, 23:47   #156
Senior - BHPian

Eh, Sam is in the car-var engine-vengine section?!
Old 7th December 2006, 00:37   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
NEITHER AM I!!

Sorry Dr. Fate, it is almost impossible to understand your posts, maybe a little more appropriate punctuation would help?
I had a 2003 and 2004 TCIC meaning the old safari's meaning 90hp one's and i bought a 2005 and 2006 safari dicor meaning 115 hp and 3000cc one's and due to HUGE amount of problems as i have mentioned above i sold one(2005,vx 4*4) after after running just 5500 kms,

and iam happy with my 2006 ex 4*2 as i maintained it myself not depending on TATA motors (Thats why the word "happy"),

and lot of my words are from the service and dealer point of view as iam associated with TATA motor's,BOSCH and YOKOHAMA in more than one authorisation's each(sales,serviceand spares),

hence i think it becomes difficult to understand my examples and my irony is i cannot specify after a point!

i guess then i should stop writting from the "other side"and join in just when a consumer point of view arises,

and Mr sam i know you may quote your association with JBL and contradict my point but you are a direct representative of the company,
most here are consumer's but iam a service provider who stands between both!

anyway the point is taken and i have understood that its a piquant situation,my regular posts never had such complaint's(atleast i think!!)chalo i will practise my writing till which i will stop posting,

thanks for showing me my error's,i honestly appreciate it,once again sorry for wasting a page on off-topic subjects.
Old 7th December 2006, 04:59   #158
BHPian

Quote:
thanks for showing me my error's,i honestly appreciate it,once again sorry for wasting a page on off-topic subjects.

Dr.Fate, I enjoy reading posts from you and hearing (or reading) the perspective from people like you is very valuable not only to me but also to others I think. So, don't stop writing. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by THE-U- : 7th December 2006 at 05:01.
Old 7th December 2006, 11:29   #159
Senior - BHPian

Doc,

I enjoy rading your posts since it gives one an insider's views. Please continue to educate us. Of course you also have to be careful not to jeopardixe your relationship with Tata motors . So continue drawing the fine line!

However, one thing is for sure. After reading your posts, I am in two minds about the Safari now. I will be in the market for a new car around Feb-March 07 and teh Dicor was in my list of prospective purchases. But (since I cant wait too long for teh new car) I shall be dropping the Dicor cause God knows when Tata will iron out all the problems in the beast- maybe the 2.2 will address them....or then again, maybe not!

O.T.- the choice is now between the Scorpio, Fiat Linea 1.9 JTD(if they launch it in the next 4 months) or the Elantra CRDi.
Old 7th December 2006, 12:11   #160
Senior - BHPian

Doc

I think you should know that we FULLY appreciate the amount of experience you bring on board. Therefore, if we crib about the communication it is because WE WANT TO UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU'RE TELLING US BECAUSE IT IS IMPORTANT TO US.

Some of us here understand that you speak with so much feeling about the company because you are such a big fan. One can only feel so much for something that you love or admire.

In much the same way, if we have taken certain liberties in the way we put that across to you it is because we believe you are part of the family - one does not fool around with perfect strangers. However if that freedom that we take with you is construed as negative criticism (which it isnt), I will happily take back all my words.

Stay with us, Doc. We're all willing patients.

Last edited by Steeroid : 7th December 2006 at 12:12.
Old 7th December 2006, 16:50   #161
BANNED

Quote:
i guess then i should stop writting from the "other side"and join in just when a consumer point of view arises.

Please don't stop. Your insights are very informative and revealing.
Old 7th December 2006, 17:30   #162
BHPian

New safari

tata safari - Bologna Motor Show 2006 in Yahoo! Cars
Old 7th December 2006, 17:41   #163
Senior - BHPian

Why does the page say Bologna 2004?
Old 7th December 2006, 18:12   #164
BHPian

Please see the number plate and also the subsequent images of Tata Truck. I think he has put up the 2006 photos in the same folder.

Conan
Old 7th December 2006, 19:34   #165
BHPian

Quote:
i guess then i should stop writting from the "other side"and join in just when a consumer point of view arises,
Doc, Please do not stop writing, most of us need to be more tolerant to "the other side" of the story as well. More often than not, the radically different ideas are the ones that are true. And being an industry insider, we definitely want to hear your views and ideas as well.

The intention is to have a healthy discussion going on various topics related to the industry as a whole and to a particular manufacturer in particular.

Gears,
Manish
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks