Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2006, 23:10   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative
Not necessarily. Over here in the US, the cycle time is like a year.

Not really. mostly whenever a new year model comes out, I hardly see a grill change, new look alloys and an extra colour or two if they find it wise. That's the best. Take the Toyota corolla for eg. I have not seen any diff in 2003 model or a 2006 model.

I would say its more like 3 years here in N.America. With the latest models out in India I guess the cycle time is around 5 years.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 19th June 2006 at 23:11.
Old 20th June 2006, 11:43   #32
Senior - BHPian

Could the Safari TCIC become the replacement for the Sumo, with some cost cutting!? That would improve the cabs on the highway real quick!
Old 20th June 2006, 11:51   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
Not really. mostly whenever a new year model comes out, I hardly see a grill change, new look alloys and an extra colour or two if they find it wise. That's the best. Take the Toyota corolla for eg. I have not seen any diff in 2003 model or a 2006 model.

I would say its more like 3 years here in N.America. With the latest models out in India I guess the cycle time is around 5 years.
In US too most manufacturers retain a model atleast for 3 years and the changes are mostly cosmetic each year.

And I fail to understand Tata's move of still selling the TCIC version. You'd hardly find any Safari buyers who would want to save those 60 odd grands and get the TCIC. They seem to be too desperate to break into the Scorpio / Innova sales figures, but IMHO they will hardly find any buyers for the TCIC. I mostly see cabbies going in for the TCIC when the DICOR is already available for 60 k more. But here too most would prefer the Scorpios and Innovas for obvious reasons.

Last edited by hawkeye : 20th June 2006 at 11:52.
Old 20th June 2006, 12:06   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx
Could the Safari TCIC become the replacement for the Sumo, with some cost cutting!? That would improve the cabs on the highway real quick!
The Safari TCIC would be expensive to own and maintain compared to the Sumo. And as I said there are cheaper and more reliable options available for the purpose.
Old 20th June 2006, 12:31   #35
BHPian

Here's where I start bawling..
Blew 10L 8 months ago and now discover my 'brand new' car which I havent even finished ICEing is already outdated.
Makes me wonder if the 3L Dicor was a stop-gap arrangement till they finished the 2.2L development. In that case, we Dicor buyers have been cheated outright.

BTW, has anyone noticed that Tata have ramped up the Safari ad campaign on TV? I see it around avery F1 telecast and in between as well.
Old 20th June 2006, 12:56   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUV
for a vehicle with that kind of CG, it will obviously tend to have body Roll .. Be happy it aint like the Rocking Boat "SCORPIO" .......

No Mechanical Changes are being done since the X2 Platform will be Out in 2008 ....
Its worse than the Scorpio (even the model prior to rear suspension changes one) according to the test in a recent edition of ACI.
Old 20th June 2006, 13:32   #37
BHPian

By any ways tata dicor be compare to toyota innova in terms of refine engine / maint / quality in terms of rattle sound etc
Old 20th June 2006, 13:45   #38
Senior - BHPian

The DICOR was in some sense a new engine option - not a complete redo - and if the next version is out in 18 months from then, thats not too bad. Yes, one understands how people who put money down on a version might feel, but in isolation, you liked the car at the price it was offered - quite like laptops (and all electronics, actually) ! I got this one for 60k last year, and you can getter better configured duo-cores for lesser! One makes a choice at a point in time based on the current market, and thats that.
There'll always be a better bigger more powerful vehicle in a year and a half. That alone should not make one rethink decisions made on a different set of parameters.
Yes, you could decide to switch the new one if it matters enough to you and you're rich enough to afford it.
Else I'd go crazy thinking the money we paid for the 25" TV, 250Litre fridge, Canon SLR and what not, considering what you can get for that much now. I still dont have a projection/plasma TV, or digital SLR.
And Tata do incur a model development cost even for partial upgrades - they'd need to recover that too so if they launch in 18 months, it was probably a small enough change to warrant it. (Yeah there could be plans to get the Xover's engine road ready before its launch through this route).
If anyone's planning to sell their DICORs, lemme know
Old 20th June 2006, 14:00   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid

I'm selling my Dicor - I've lost faith.
But in one of teh earlier posts, where it was mentioned that the price of the Dicor is coming down, you said that you didnt care, since you bought the Dicor for a specif purpose and it is serving that purpose. So y this change of heart
Old 20th June 2006, 14:13   #40
Senior - BHPian

Well, at that time, we only knew the prices were coming down, we didnt know they would improve the car by such a vast amount and still bring the prices down by such a large margin.
Old 20th June 2006, 17:44   #41
BHPian

Pioneer:I am not sure if the LX TCIC comes with EX features.As per TATA motors website,the TCIC LX and DICOR LX have same features.

Also,TCIC will be available only in LX trim,as against the earlier LX and EX modes.No more 4WD for TCIC too.

Definitely the prices are appealing.TCIC LX is priced at 6.27 Ex-showroom pune.

-Jraj

Last edited by jraj : 20th June 2006 at 17:45.
Old 20th June 2006, 17:47   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneer
Safari TCIC comes with features of DICOR EX which costs Ex Showroom Thane:Rs.778,892 which is Rs.157,365 more thn TCIC (according to the Tata website) may be for this reason Tata is still selling TCIC.
Tata's website says the TCIC will be offered in LX trim only. Not sure if it has the features of the DICOR EX. My understanding was there is a difference of 60k between the DICOR and the TCIC and I'd assumed both were LX and had same features. All in all, the DICOR makes more sense over the TCIC for that price difference. However, it would be most sensible to wait for the 2.2l.

Last edited by hawkeye : 20th June 2006 at 17:54.
Old 20th June 2006, 20:52   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami
But in one of teh earlier posts, where it was mentioned that the price of the Dicor is coming down, you said that you didnt care, since you bought the Dicor for a specif purpose and it is serving that purpose. So y this change of heart

Saar refer to my earlier posts - the vehicle described in the title of this thread is the one I really wanted, et al. Drop of price + new engine is a killer.

Somebody who drove the 140+ bhp monster says that (1) the engine doesnt feel like a diesel at all. No Noise, No Vibration. (2) it rips the road better than any petrol. AWESOME was the word used.

Now tell me - should I drive the Dicor off a cliff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx
If anyone's planning to sell their DICORs, lemme know

You KNOW.

Last edited by Steeroid : 20th June 2006 at 20:53.
Old 21st June 2006, 10:28   #44
BHPian

Pioneer,Thanks for this information.
I didnt notice these features in TCIC LX trim.

SUV-A Detailed review on your TCIC Safari,would be of immense help now for people like me :-)

-jraj
Old 21st June 2006, 11:56   #45
BANNED

Heh heh. The next Dicor ad line should now be "Reclaim your money"
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks