Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2007, 14:38   #481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post
Hm. 493 replies. 9 months of discussion. Yet no signs of local production for the 2.2.

It's but inevitable to assume that the 2.2 will debut in the X2/X5 platforms intended for 2008 production line; in India, of course; which'll be all new EURO-IV variants.

Until next year, long live DICOR.

Even if it comes tomorrow, what is so unique about it to make it as important as the Fiat1.3 that is powering Swift and so many other cars? After all Tata already introduced the so-called new DICOR in Indigo and reviews say that is only slightly more refined as compared to the old diesel and nowhere as good as the ones powering Swift/Fiesta.

So IMHO it is likely this 2.2 also will be slightly better nothing revolutionary or Tata would not have gone with Fiat engines for Indica (coming soon), it would have developed on its own.
Old 1st April 2007, 14:40   #482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert fox View Post
So did you get your Dicor?more details sir.

Sadly not yet, the showroom has messed up the delivery schedule, so my truck is waiting for paperwork from RTO, being a sunday today, will get the number tomorrow and another two days for fitting.

Drifter
Old 1st April 2007, 17:39   #483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter View Post
Sadly not yet, the showroom has messed up the delivery schedule, so my truck is waiting for paperwork from RTO, being a sunday today, will get the number tomorrow and another two days for fitting.

Drifter
Fitting what??? The number plate.. 48 Hours to fix a Number plate???? Dont leave the vehicle there for service..you will never see it again.

Godfather
Old 1st April 2007, 19:07   #484
Senior - BHPian

Haha its for the fitting of the alloys, painting the cladding and fitting the dvd system. Painting alone will take one day.

Drifter
Old 1st April 2007, 19:19   #485
BHPian

In the latest Autocar Magazine and in the Q&A sheet, the editor again say that the Dicor 2.2 will be released in June 07.

Any more updates.

Regards
Deepak
Old 2nd April 2007, 16:56   #486
BHPian

Hi All
I goinng through all teh threads which deals with DICOR for last 6 months. am die hard fan of DICOR but some how could not manage the finances. I have ZEN at present and my travel requirements are around 1000-1200km per month and yearly around 10000 km. I want valueable suggestion from all you experts, should I go for it. My heart says do it and my brain says wait. Actually I have seen so many threads saysing about issues with this vehical, but the new version should be free of issues.
Please suggest also please suggest some good dealer I stays in Vasundhara enclave which is the last point of delhi connecting Noid
Old 3rd April 2007, 01:31   #487
BHPian

Quote:

Drifter
What colour?and what was your dealer's (guarded obviously) story on 2.2 launch?

Last edited by Desert fox : 3rd April 2007 at 01:36.
Old 3rd April 2007, 08:27   #488
Senior - BHPian

Its the regular silver DF. My dealer seems to have no clue about when the 2.2 is coming.

Drifter
Old 3rd April 2007, 10:01   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Its the regular silver DF. My dealer seems to have no clue about when the 2.2 is coming.

Drifter
I happened to see on Arizona Blue on Delhi roads last week. To my disappointment it looked more like navy blue

-POGU
Old 3rd April 2007, 15:35   #490
BHPian

Quote:

Drifter
Good good,on the 2.2,iam trying to make a compilation of dealer excuses towards the subject!

because since the launch of 2.2l around the corner,It is ineresting to see the marketing strategies of various kinds at play!

Not only do they have to ward of the question in a hurry,they also have to convince the customer on the existing product apart from already having a tough time with competitors and freebies from fellow dealers!all that without breathing hard or arousing suspicion!
Old 3rd April 2007, 16:44   #491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert fox View Post
Good good,on the 2.2,iam trying to make a compilation of dealer excuses towards the subject!

because since the launch of 2.2l around the corner,It is ineresting to see the marketing strategies of various kinds at play!

Not only do they have to ward of the question in a hurry,they also have to convince the customer on the existing product apart from already having a tough time with competitors and freebies from fellow dealers!all that without breathing hard or arousing suspicion!
what kind of freebies are we talking about. Dhingra motors told me that no discount is available. After prodding enough , i was offered 3000 rs discount.
pls update and thanks in advance
Old 3rd April 2007, 17:39   #492
BHPian

As per info from doctorkats, it looks like there might not be any 2.2L available in the near future. I am not sure how useful shall it be to interpret what the dealer are saying

-POGU
Old 3rd April 2007, 19:20   #493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
what kind of freebies are we talking about.
Im getting the VX alloys, painted claddings, dvd system and floor mats free with the car.

Drifter
Old 3rd April 2007, 22:02   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Im getting the VX alloys, painted claddings, dvd system and floor mats free with the car.

Drifter
Thats hell lot of stuff for free. I am impressed
All I could find in Delhi was 15K cash discount although I didn't bargain too hard.
Drifter, Really great deal, thats real value for money. Congrats and all the best .

POGU
Old 3rd April 2007, 22:10   #495
Senior - BHPian

Yeah but i've also taken finance along, so all that factors into the equation of discounts. I got the discounts converted to accessories. But takes hell lot of negotiations which went on for almost 2 weeks.

Drifter
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks