Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2007, 11:51   #586
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I call that timely info, I was about book 3.0L in an hour.

Now let's cross our fingers and hope this is true.
Now this was really really really close, you would have been really mad if you would have booked, tell the salesman who I am sure is going to call you a minute after you promised to book, tell him to go soak his head lol. I bet the salesman would not have told you about this new launch .
Old 31st July 2007, 12:26   #587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Babu, how do you expect a sales guy to let go of his willing customer.

You should have trusted some outside sources, but not to worry 3.0 ltr will be supported and serviced.

To buy or Not is always a dilemma for immediate buyers under these circumstances when the 2.2ltr was being talking about for more than a year back.
am not worried about the support or service...its just that i could have had a smaller and more powerful engine than what i have got...
Old 31st July 2007, 12:32   #588
BHPian

@babureddy:
am waiting to test drive the 2.2, but i wouldn't dismiss the 3.0 that easily.
believe me i have found the 3.0 to be mighty powerful for my delhi roads
Old 31st July 2007, 12:32   #589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babureddy View Post
am not worried about the support or service...its just that i could have had a smaller and more powerful engine than what i have got...
Look at the positive side, the 3.0ltr is a tried and tested beast and you will not be able to say the same for the 2.2ltr immediately.

Last edited by dadu : 31st July 2007 at 12:35.
Old 31st July 2007, 12:36   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorkats View Post
@babureddy:
am waiting to test drive the 2.2, but i wouldn't dismiss the 3.0 that easily.
believe me i have found the 3.0 to be mighty powerful for my delhi roads
yup, even i am fine with the power that my 3.0 beast provides, its only on those highways or QT you will feel it had more...but still nothing to worry much, let's c, cause this thread is been doing rounds for 2 yrs now
Old 31st July 2007, 12:42   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Look at the positive side, the 3.0ltr is a tried and tested beast and you will not be able to say the same for the 2.2ltr immediately.
yes, this is one thing that i have to see on the brighter side
Old 31st July 2007, 12:45   #592
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
yes, this is one thing that i have to see on the brighter side
Not just that, the 3.0 is an ultra reliable abuse resistant engine(its the 407 after all!). So you can take solace by looking at the the people who get towed to workshop with the complaint "My engine fell off"

Well I hope the 2.2 is not that bad, because thats the beast I will get. Also buying time frame is Oct-Nov so I guess some R&D will be done by fellow bhpians.
Old 31st July 2007, 12:48   #593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Not just that, the 3.0 is an ultra reliable abuse resistant engine(its the 407 after all!). So you can take solace by looking at the the people who get towed to workshop with the complaint "My engine fell off"

Well I hope the 2.2 is not that bad, because thats the beast I will get. Also buying time frame is Oct-Nov so I guess some R&D will be done by fellow bhpians.
Well if the 3.0 is reliable because it is based on the 407 engine, the 2.2 should also be ultra reliable since its an overbored & Common-Railed TCIC engine - this base engine has seen duty in everything starting from the original Tatamobile.

Lets face it guys - there have never been issues with Tata's engines. Any issues with the cars have been with peripherals, so why are you so worried?

If I can get my hands on a 2.2 engine I'm more than willing to transplant it on my Dicor, but then we're told the new 3.0 is a killer.
Old 31st July 2007, 12:54   #594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Some minor changes are there will keep all of you posted for the same.
The Beast is coming....!
What are the minor changes, it seems you are already aware of them !!!
Old 31st July 2007, 12:56   #595
BHPian

hey steer, now what is this new 3.0, are they coming with a new 2.2 as well as new 3.0 engines.
Old 31st July 2007, 13:11   #596
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What are the minor changes, it seems you are already aware of them !!!
Will update as soon as I get the info.

Quote:
hey steer, now what is this new 3.0, are they coming with a new 2.2 as well as new 3.0 engines.
New 3.0, am not aware of this, steer you can perhaps give more info from your birdies?
Old 31st July 2007, 13:19   #597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
New 3.0, am not aware of this, steer you can perhaps give more info from your birdies?
The new 3.0 with about 156 to 160 bhp on tap is meant for their export markets, primarily for Fiat to rebadge Safaris and the new Telcoline pickups for the South American market.

So I've been told. Lets see how true this is.
Old 31st July 2007, 13:39   #598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
The new 3.0 with about 156 to 160 bhp on tap is meant for their export markets, primarily for Fiat to rebadge Safaris and the new Telcoline pickups for the South American market.
can safari handle this much power and speed.
Steer, i had read that you were going for some upgrades to your safari, any updates on that.
Old 31st July 2007, 13:51   #599
Senior - BHPian

Is it going to be a new 3.0l or 2.0l because I was hearing about a new 2.0l,remember in India the sumo will need a common rail engine shortly and so also will the rest of the pickups.
Old 31st July 2007, 13:56   #600
BHPian

Hey .....this is one good news....

In my earlier post also i had mentioned what a sales guy told me..... i will reiterate...

" Sir, we dont know when these TATA guys launch the new vehicles. Overnight they call up & say they are sending the new vehicles for eg. Tata Indigo XL launch was a surprise launch for the dealers also. "

So cant predict TATA...........this news can be 100% true.

People who have 3.0 seems to be disappointed.....but there is no reasons to get so........I have seen people saying about the highway speed on the 2.2.. But how fast will you go & how long.....its just that fraction of seconds you touch that speed & come back.......other than that the normal speed will be ranged from 100 - 120 kmph.....so this can be done easily by both 3.0 & 2.2

So no worries.....3.0 is also a very good engine, never somebody has complained about the engine, its only about the minor niggles, smoke & oil which are talked about here...

so..lets live with TATA..... let it be 3.0 nor 2.2, its always beauty on road...& its a pleasure to have one.

regards
Deepak
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks