Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2007, 14:08   #601
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by babureddy View Post
am angry now...last month when i purchased, i spoke to the sales guy and he told me that there is nothing line for next 6 months, and now this news all of a sudden
Haa haa haaa... don't worry chum. Life's like that. I faced exactly the same scenario a couple of years back. In your case it is at least 1.5 months difference. In my case it was a week.

Accept that somedays you're the pigeon, and somedays you're the statue. Hope I do not get sued for IPR violation.
Old 31st July 2007, 14:33   #602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
From 3 August 07 Safari 3.0 dicor is getting discontinued & production of only 2.2 is going to begin. But all those who have recntly purchased safari 3.0 dont worry as engine is not getting discontinued it will be plonked in Xenon.
Looks like I've an expertise in picking up cars that are about to go out of production: First, it was the Matiz and now Safari-Dicor (which is barely four months old!) Next time I buy a car, I will make a BIG announcement for everyone's benefit.
Old 31st July 2007, 15:14   #603
BHPian

Not sure on whether we closed the thread on the risk of buying a new 2.2 during the first few months of its launch.
Old 31st July 2007, 15:21   #604
BHPian

Did anybody call up any dealer? Any response from the dealers on the same?

I tried speaking but no result.......
Old 31st July 2007, 15:27   #605
Senior - BHPian

I did call my Local Dealer here, he had no Clue as to what I was speaking about and just ignored my telling him that a new one is in the Launching process. Well, he of course would do this else, where are they going to get rid of their current Safari's.

I am sure now TATA is going to launch it pretty soon as ACI this month also showed a spy pic of their new facelifted 2.2 Safari .
Old 31st July 2007, 15:30   #606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
I did call my Local Dealer here, he had no Clue as to what I was speaking about and just ignored my telling him that a new one is in the Launching process. Well, he of course would do this else, where are they going to get rid of their current Safari's.

I am sure now TATA is going to launch it pretty soon as ACI this month also showed a spy pic of their new facelifted 2.2 Safari .
Has anyone posted this spy picture to this forum?
Old 31st July 2007, 15:33   #607
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbox360 View Post
Has anyone posted this spy picture to this forum?
Here are the pics by tushky
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ghlight=safari (2.2 Lit Tata Safari Facelift)
Old 31st July 2007, 16:16   #608
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can someone scan and post those from the ACI.
Old 31st July 2007, 16:18   #609
Senior - BHPian

I do not have a scanner, BUT the ones mentioned above by Tushky is the same Pic ( almost ) In fact his are better I feel.
Old 31st July 2007, 16:18   #610
BHPian

It is the same photo what tushky has posted. You can see them at ..
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ghlight=safari (2.2 Lit Tata Safari Facelift)
Old 31st July 2007, 16:38   #611
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I do not have a scanner, BUT the ones mentioned above by Tushky is the same Pic ( almost ) In fact his are better I feel.
it is tushkys pic. hes mentioned that he sent it to aci.
Old 31st July 2007, 17:29   #612
BHPian

yesterday i went to tata dealer to get my DICOR (actually dad's) condenser fan replaced.
there i met a guy from tata motors who was inspecting all the work.
initially i asked him about the explorer club and he replied that he didn't know about that, then i asked him about new 2.2l he replied in an exited manner "its going to be launched next month and hope marketing guys don't mess up with its launch date as they have earlier did".
and i was thinking cool and then damn 5 month old and outdated DICOR (thats even so called coolER).
now this is same thing that happened to 2.0l guys.
Old 31st July 2007, 17:42   #613
BHPian

Thanx Overdose........Now this is really a good one........getting information from the Horse Mouth ( Tata Guy )
How did u manage Overdose? Usually these guys dont disclose it....

Good work
Old 31st July 2007, 18:24   #614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post
Thanx Overdose........Now this is really a good one........getting information from the Horse Mouth ( Tata Guy )
How did u manage Overdose? Usually these guys dont disclose it....

Good work

The Tata Guy was very nice. he inquired about the work done and then asked how many time i had faced a similar problem and did the dealership rectify it correctly. when i was talking about 2.2l safari , he came to know that i own a DICOR. then he told me everything about new one. that
it is being tested from a long time and he said all issues have been sorted.
and lastly he said it all depends on marketing guys. they are responsible for launching not the engineering ones and moreover he didn't say about discontinuation of the current engine.
how could someone spend lots of money and time on a thing and then just throw it away. i think 2.2l will be a option other than 2.0l and 3.0l or will be introduced in top end models. 2.1l petrol is still available even though its sale is almost nil. it was my second visit within a week to the dealership (earlier to get indica serviced) and this guy was still there.
During his presence the work flow was smooth.
i guess tata is really taking steps to improve its dealership experience.
Old 31st July 2007, 19:41   #615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by overdose14 View Post
The Tata Guy was very nice. he inquired about the work done and then asked how many time i had faced a similar problem and did the dealership rectify it correctly. when i was talking about 2.2l safari , he came to know that i own a DICOR. then he told me everything about new one. that
it is being tested from a long time and he said all issues have been sorted.
and lastly he said it all depends on marketing guys. they are responsible for launching not the engineering ones and moreover he didn't say about discontinuation of the current engine.
how could someone spend lots of money and time on a thing and then just throw it away. i think 2.2l will be a option other than 2.0l and 3.0l or will be introduced in top end models. 2.1l petrol is still available even though its sale is almost nil. it was my second visit within a week to the dealership (earlier to get indica serviced) and this guy was still there.
During his presence the work flow was smooth.
i guess tata is really taking steps to improve its dealership experience.
This is indeed a good thing. That you seemingly have people technically knowledgable handling the customers. Seemingly both the desi majors are doing it. Which is surely a good sign.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed