Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2007, 09:29   #811
Senior - BHPian

Dealers dont have a clue of the dates, they talk about them from their own stock depletion estimates and give misleading dates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Read that as stock clearance estimate of the current 3.0 L Dicors
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbanman View Post
But the fact still remains TATA is not going to tell its dealers the launch date till the night before...so what the dealers say about the launch date at the moment must be taken with a bucket of salt.
Old 12th August 2007, 09:55   #812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Dealers dont have a clue of the dates, they talk about them from their own stock depletion estimates and give misleading dates.

Very True ! I went to Sanya Motors, Def Col, Delhi and they said that new safari should be launched with 1 1/2 months. When i tried to confirm if its the 2.2 ltr engine launch, they said with a smile, not sure of the specs.

So, since each dealer has his own estimate for a launch date, I guess we should all wait for a official launch or an insider's update from Tata motors.
Old 12th August 2007, 14:13   #813
BHPian

fingers crossed regarding the launch date, even i stopped my manager who was processing to take 3.0 VX by paying full cash...
Old 12th August 2007, 16:33   #814
BHPian

Hey Guys,

I guess I have a bad news. Had checked out at Sevice centre yesterady assuming they they hould be the first to know about the car and infact possess one for PDI as the store/warehouse is in their premises.

They said they have no clue of teh launch of the car. In a previous thread it was mentioned that people were given training. However my contact says that yes training was given but for 2.1 Ltr petrol and not the 2.2 Diesel. There is no news about the 2.2 Safari DICOR.

However he said that the new sumo is around and unlike we said earlier that it will have 3.0 Ltr dicor engine, it will have the old safari TCIC engine with CRDI on it thus making it a 2 or 2.2L Sumo Dicor :(.

I actually did not believe him earlier as this thread earlier speculates the launch on 15th Aug. To verify this, i checked every single Safari in their warehouse and did not find any 2.2. L .

I know its bad news for many. I guess the launch may happen near diwali
Old 12th August 2007, 17:01   #815
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
I guess I have a bad news. Had checked out at Sevice centre yesterady assuming they they hould be the first to know about the car and infact possess one for PDI as the store/warehouse is in their premises.
Why would the service center know anything. It has been mentioned many times that even the dealers come to know a day before the actual announcement.

You have better chance with part suppliers than dealers.
Old 12th August 2007, 17:18   #816
Distinguished - BHPian

This thread is again veering on speculation and heresay. Unless someone has updated inside info abt the likeliness of an August launch, I suggest this thread be closed to atleast ensure prospective Safari buyers arent confused.
Old 12th August 2007, 17:23   #817
Senior - BHPian

Right, when the dealers dont know anything how do you expect their service centre and their stockyards to have the 2.2L ??

Once TATA tells the dealers/stocks the dealers, its as good as told to the world, TATA cannot commit this mistake.

There is no confirmed launch date known as of now, so we all need to wait patiently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Why would the service center know anything. It has been mentioned many times that even the dealers come to know a day before the actual announcement.

You have better chance with part suppliers than dealers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
Hey Guys,

Old 17th August 2007, 12:16   #818
Senior - BHPian

Something is fishy or the pictures are not correct.

TATA showcased 2.2L with the same grill as we can find on an Italian Motoring site, but brings out a new grill outside ARAI/India !!!!

Last minute changes I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
i meant to say the grill is same as grill of Tata Ace
Old 17th August 2007, 12:21   #819
Team-BHP Support

Nothing fishy at all. It's just that in India they want to facelift it to differentiate from the 3.0L.

They showcased the older grill but before launching they might want to change it, thats all.
Old 17th August 2007, 12:32   #820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Nothing fishy at all. It's just that in India they want to facelift it to differentiate from the 3.0L.

They showcased the older grill but before launching they might want to change it, thats all.
And why the italian sites are showing the same old grill for 2.2 .

Doesnt make sense, just a change of grill for each countries launch (SA, Italy, India & Spain) to differentiate what ??.

Last edited by dadu : 17th August 2007 at 12:40.
Old 17th August 2007, 12:53   #821
Team-BHP Support

Yeah there's no problem in that at all. How many grill versions did the maruti Zen come with? Almost one every year. Infact the indica has been through a few grills as well.
Old 17th August 2007, 13:01   #822
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes, grills are the easiest "upgrade" known to be adopted successfully by Indian car cos over the years
Old 17th August 2007, 13:22   #823
HSV
BHPian

All the Grills in Tushky's pictures above look the same to me! The white Safari with the masked grill looks the same as the black ones.

Seems the masking tape in the middle to hide the logo might be confusing us to believe this grill has three lines. On a closer look you'll see that the middle tape is just attached from one end of the grill to the other to mask the logo only - there isnt any horizontal grill outline underneath (see how the tape is raised as opposed to the tape in the outline).

regards
Old 17th August 2007, 13:49   #824
BHPian

It's hardly a "facelift". They will put a new engine inside the same shell with minor cosmetic changes. "Cosmetic Change" is more like it.

We are making 'a mountain out of a mole hill'. I think the pic was great but the 'taped' grille does not deserve so much of time and words. What are we talking about? SPECULATION AGAIN & AGAIN. Nothing concrete. Nobody has any confirmed info of the changes or the launch date. So like the other thread on the new Safari, this one should also be closed.
Old 17th August 2007, 15:08   #825
Senior - BHPian

True, it can be done by anyone then, here's my vision of it. What BS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Road View Post
It's hardly a "facelift". They will put a new engine inside the same shell with minor cosmetic changes. "Cosmetic Change" is more like it.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks