Old 11th September 2007, 20:17   #931

Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
I concur with Country Road
Safari New 2.2 Lauch is expected approx on 25th+- Sep from very reliable source in Pune
I Concur too. I met a friend today who is recently ex-TM and he said that the new Safari would be launched later this month. Changes are only to the grille/bumper and not to the body. Now he did NOT confirm that this Safari is 2.2L, but given the information moving around, it is safe to make the presumption that it is.

Slightly off-topic, I also heard that 2008 is going to be "Tata Motors' year" - many launches planned - including the new body Indica, Indigo and Marina, apart from the low-cost car.
Old 11th September 2007, 20:32   #932
LLL

27th SEPT - if they are launching on that date, then Shradh period starts around that day itself. So

1. Its considered inauspicious and no one starts a new venture and
2. Not sure if anyone is going to make a booking for next 15-20 days.
Old 11th September 2007, 20:47   #933

Originally Posted by LLL View Post
27th SEPT - if they are launching on that date, then Shradh period starts around that day itself. So

Must be a regional thing, down south that period is not bad.
Old 11th September 2007, 21:43   #934

Yes at north its a bad period. Well i hope they just launch it
Old 11th September 2007, 22:29   #935

Originally Posted by LLL View Post

Boss.....its also Ganesha Period & Durga Pooja Period.

There will not be immediate delivery, so people will start booking it so that if it is 1 month waiting period they will get it for Diwali & if 15 days booking period they will get it for Durga Pooja.

So think its really pre-planned by Tata on the launch date.

In south usually people dont book in the December period cos its Shunya maasa & in July for Ashada Maasa...

Otherwise its always buying time

Lets enjoy

Last edited by kdeepakk : 11th September 2007 at 22:31.
Old 11th September 2007, 23:52   #936
LLL

Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post
Boss.....its also Ganesha Period & Durga Pooja Period.
Ganesh utsav would have ended up by 25th and i believe Durga pooja is after shraadh. Also people book after shraadh and take delivery in deewali. Just some of our social/cultural environmental factors that planners need to take into account.

Anyways, more power to tatas if they can launch this in sept. I have been waiting so i am all for it.
Old 12th September 2007, 02:17   #937

Sorry but i cant find the article about the release date! Can some one post it?
Old 12th September 2007, 09:52   #938

There is no article, its based on information posted by Deepak here , which you must have read already.

Originally Posted by Monster_BHP View Post
Sorry but i cant find the article about the release date! Can some one post it?
Old 12th September 2007, 10:00   #939

Yes, its regional, in the North noone starts anything new/buys/plans during shraadh(Pitru paksh) which begins on 27th Sep and ends on 10th Oct, Navaratra's(auspicious) start from 11th Oct and then its mostly festival season.

Old 12th September 2007, 10:04   #940

If the production for 2.2l started in August (as per sources quoted here), they will have ample stocks for an immediate delivery, unless they are overwhelmed with bookings, which I doubt.

But dont expect any discounts

Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post

There will not be immediate delivery, so people will start booking it so that if it is 1 month waiting period they will get it for Diwali & if 15 days booking period they will get it for Durga Pooja.
Old 12th September 2007, 10:31   #941

Latest news from the HYD dealers also is that it may be launched in between 25th of this month and the 1st week of Oct.
On the price front, he said that the price diff for say an EX trim for the 2.2 and the current 3.0 may be roughly 1 Lakh, which in my view is a bit steep. Will update once i get more data.
Old 12th September 2007, 10:37   #942

I think he's speculating on the price since TATA will not reveal it till launched.

The only major change is the engine, so logically speaking the price increase should be almost same for all variants.

Lets not speculate on prices here, lets wait till the D-day.

Originally Posted by xbox360 View Post
Latest news from the HYD dealers also is that it may be launched in between 25th of this month and the 1st week of Oct.
On the price front, he said that the price diff for say an EX trim for the 2.2 and the current 3.0 may be roughly 1 Lakh, which in my view is a bit steep. Will update once i get more data.
Old 12th September 2007, 10:43   #943

Originally Posted by dadu View Post
I think he's speculating on the price since TATA will not reveal it till launched.

The only major change is the engine, so logically speaking the price increase should be almost same for all variants.

Lets not speculate on prices here, lets wait till the D-day.
The dealer was pretty confident in giving out the details. He is expecting the deatiled specs and the price list to reach him in the next few days. If he communicates the same to me, i will post the same on this thread.
Also according to him besides the engine, there have been some changes to the interiors -- mainly dashboard to give it a more upmarket feel.
Old 12th September 2007, 10:47   #944

Yes, I can back this news as well !! I knew this a month back but then did not post anything as thread was closed. I might as well mention what I heard.

Tata Safari 2.2 is being launched end of this month / October Mid and they will have a huge interiors / exteriors change as well.

Price hike is not going to be much. Expect the new Tata Safari to be light years ahead of the old one.

This one will be much more refined and will be coming with a host of safety features ( Airbags, ABS standard across all models ). Also they feature a new Radically designed Wheel Cover ( enhances the look completely ). This wheel cover will be optional. Alloys are optional accross all models. Also they feature a Dual AC on top end models - this one will be a much better one, like the one they have in Innovas.

Tata is following on MUL's footsteps - VFM Cars - which is a very good thing. All this was confirmed to me by a reliable source working with Tata Motors. I am only repeating what this person told me, Some things might not make it to the final launch BUT then you never know TATA !!!

Last edited by vkochar : 12th September 2007 at 10:49.
Old 12th September 2007, 10:58   #945

Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
This one will be much more refined and will be coming with a host of safety features ( Airbags, ABS standard across all models ). Also they feature a new Radically designed Wheel Cover ( enhances the look completely ). This wheel cover will be optional. Alloys are optional accross all models. Also they feature a Dual AC on top end models - this one will be a much better one, like the one they have in Innovas.
That's music to my ears, oh please let this rumour be true.