Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2007, 18:42   #1006
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post
It is going to be Floor mounted spare wheel ( one bad thing - hope this does not happen )
This is a strange news, I was confirmed from my source ( Person working in TATA ) that Safari has a new Radically designed Spare wheel Cover at the back enhancing the Safari's looks quite a bit.

I wonder If what you said is true, What will the New Tata Safari Look Like !!

Also such a thing I do not think will be optional on Higher end models ( Is it Possible ? )
Old 17th September 2007, 18:48   #1007
BHPian

I am also against this Floor mounted Spare Wheel, i confirmed thrice with the Sales Manager, he said he is giving the same information what he received from Tata Guys...
Old 17th September 2007, 18:49   #1008
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys......latest from Bangalore.

Some of the changes as per the dealer in Bangalore are:

1. The roof AC is getting changed to something similar to Innova
2. The AC Vents in the front is getting a new Shape
3. The interiors is Beige
4. It is going to be Floor mounted spare wheel ( one bad thing - hope this does not happen )

Regards
Deepak
Any idea of what would be OTR price in Bangalore.
Regards,
Deepak
Old 17th September 2007, 18:52   #1009
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am also against this Floor mounted Spare Wheel, i confirmed thrice with the Sales Manager, he said he is giving the same information what he received from Tata Guys...
I actually think this floor mounted thing is good - I've been trying to get my sparewheel mounting changed to floor. It clears up your rear view, removes weight from the rear door & therefore takes away the possibilities of a tailgate rattle, reduces a considerable amount of weight on the rear overhang (improves handling, reduces rear pitch) AND makes the vehicle easier to park.

Its a win-win-win-win-win, BUT where do they find space under the floor? THere's a fuel tank under the rear floor.

Last edited by Steeroid : 17th September 2007 at 18:55.
Old 17th September 2007, 18:54   #1010
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
This is a strange news, I was confirmed from my source ( Person working in TATA ) that Safari has a new Radically designed Spare wheel Cover at the back enhancing the Safari's looks quite a bit.

I wonder If what you said is true, What will the New Tata Safari Look Like !!

Also such a thing I do not think will be optional on Higher end models ( Is it Possible ? )
I wonder if the spare wheel has frame sorta thing aka Merc M Class or may be even the Porsche Cayenne.
I can't understand how a radically designed wheel "cover" can enhnace the look so much and its being talked about seperately. Never before a wheel cover was such an exciting thing to look forward to in a new car launch... another first if I may says so
Old 17th September 2007, 18:57   #1011
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I actually think this floor mounted thing is good - I've been trying to get my sparewheel mounting changed to floor. It clears up your rear view, removes weight from the rear door & therefore takes away the possibilities of a tailgate rattle, reduces a considerable amount of weight on the rear overhang (improves handling, reduces rear pitch) AND makes the vehicle easier to park.

Its a win-win-win-win-win!
But it does spoils the macho looks. A lot of hardcore SUV's have spare wheel on the tailgate, if they dont rattle, TATA has a lot to learn from them or they would have learned it this time around and moved it under the floor
I seriously wish though this is not the case, a better innovative foundation for the spare wheel can be had but not under the floor...
Old 17th September 2007, 20:06   #1012
Senior - BHPian

Steel ladder

best place for the spare wheel is the tail for the easy removal of the spare wheel and a good SUV look, add up a Steel Ladder alongside the spare wheel which gives a different look to Safari.
Old 17th September 2007, 20:07   #1013
Senior - BHPian

thats what we all are waiting for the variants and price, probably by 20th someone will post it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaktpatil View Post
Any idea of what would be OTR price in Bangalore.
Regards,
Deepak

Quote:
Old 17th September 2007, 20:48   #1014
Senior - BHPian

Looks apart, Lifting the spare onto the tailgate is quite inconvenient.

Otherwise the machoest (if you can call that) thing, is the spare on the bonnet! But lifting the spare wheel alongwith the bonnet everytime is pretty nasty.
Old 17th September 2007, 22:12   #1015
BHPian

MAY BE. I saw it.
Place: Necklace road to Banjara Hills Road, Hyderabad
Time: 9:30 PM Today

Saw 4 brand new Pearl white (not exactly. It more looked like non metallic pearl white. The new off white color that they launched in Indigo XL Grand).

As usual they looked awesome. No T/R which means nobody had bought them. Moreover who will buy 4 with same color right now when the 2.2 is on its way. Moreover i dont think the dealers would stock more either.

Shape was 100% same including the spare wheel cover.

Will call the dealer tomorrow to verify. May be they were the 2.2 Test drive pieces..
Old 18th September 2007, 09:54   #1016
Senior - BHPian

You should have checked the badge on the back door, next to the spare wheel, if it displayed "Safari 2.2" or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
MAY BE. I saw it.
Place: Necklace road to Banjara Hills Road, Hyderabad
Time: 9:30 PM Today

Saw 4 brand new Pearl white (not exactly. It more looked like non metallic pearl white. The new off white color that they launched in Indigo XL Grand).

As usual they looked awesome. No T/R which means nobody had bought them. Moreover who will buy 4 with same color right now when the 2.2 is on its way. Moreover i dont think the dealers would stock more either.

Shape was 100% same including the spare wheel cover.

Will call the dealer tomorrow to verify. May be they were the 2.2 Test drive pieces..
Old 18th September 2007, 11:06   #1017
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Its a win-win-win-win-win, BUT where do they find space under the floor? THere's a fuel tank under the rear floor.
hi Steeroid

how u trying to accomodate the Spare Wheel elsewhere,between the 2 useless rear seats or

please let me know cos after several tries Tata *** has not been success full in removing the tail door rattle.

so i will the happiest guy to change the location of Spare wheel.

Thanks
Old 18th September 2007, 12:05   #1018
BHPian

Hey Dadu. Sorry that could not check the tail gate as it was a X roads and the cars were on the other side, crossing the road and were quite fast.
Old 18th September 2007, 12:07   #1019
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The latest Sumo Victas already have the sparewheel shifted to under the floor, like in Innova and Tavera. Earlier, Sumo used to have its fuel tank at that place, like in Safari. Obviously, the tank has been shifted forward to make way for the stepney. Probably they've done the same thing in the Safari.

However, the Sumo rear now looks very bland and I wonder what the Safari will look like. Notwithstanding the practical disadvantages, the tail gate mounted stepney doth look great.
Old 18th September 2007, 12:26   #1020
BHPian

Quote:

Steer howdy buddy?
A lot of SUVs have a spare mounted on the tail gate with no rattles whatsoever.
The problem with our Safaris is in the welding of the door.
The hinges are outrageously weak to accomodate that extra weight. Besides they have been welded onto the inner frame.
The quality of the rubber beadings are dismal as hell.All the doors rattle and squeak and need to be constantly worked upon.
Infact the stereo is the most important tool that I have to drown cabin noise!
My truck goes to TASS every fortnight without fail to re-adjust the tail gate for rattle and I'm at my wits end.
You're absolutely right the fuel tank occupies the rear floor space almost entirely.Besides, a bottom mounted spare wheel would completely ruin the ground clearance.
I think Tata would be better off to explore a top welded rear door for the truck with good strong welded points and gas shockers (openers).

If you do find a way to relocate the spare wheel please do let us know.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks