Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2007, 10:19   #1126
Senior - BHPian

i.e. my assumption of 50k for VX should be okay since VX will have more features than EX. Can you also find out the difference between the variants, is it the usual (as in 3L), coloured cladding and bumpers with ABS ??? etc and whats the final launch date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
Donno when 160 kicks in but with VGT, Turbo lag is already controlled
Yes EX and VX will now be 3L price + 30-35K extra
Final pricing has not been released by TATA yet
But dealers have been given this 30K extra idea

Last edited by dadu : 20th September 2007 at 10:24. Reason: Corrected Model
Old 20th September 2007, 10:22   #1127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
i.e. my assumption of 50k for VX should be okay since VX will have more features than LX. Can you also find out the difference between the variants, is it the usual (as in 3L), coloured cladding and bumpers with ABS ??? etc and whats the final launch date.

"EX to come with Body Color Cladding
. Sorry, forgot to mention earlier"

And infact if you see, if EX will now cost 30K extra then, "Is it not worth?" because it will have color claddings which itself costs Rs 19K. So the extra that they are asking for is just Rs 11K (30-19). Plus with now beige interiors, do we really think they are charging anything for the engine.. I doubt. Do you think anyone else would do it. Take ford for example who increases price even if they add a pin

Last edited by rajismine : 20th September 2007 at 10:29.
Old 20th September 2007, 10:29   #1128
Senior - BHPian

I would say its worth it, they are giving more features with a new engine in the 2.2 EX as compared to 3.0 EX at a marginal price increase, what else can you ask for.

Lets get out of that mindset, "if its cheap, it aint good"

Quote:
"EX to come with Body Color Cladding. Sorry forgot to mention earlier"

And infact if you see, if EX will now cost 30K extra then, "Is it not worth"" because it will have color claddings which itself costs Rs 19K. So the extra that they are asking for is just Rs 11K (30-19). Plus with now beige interiors, do we really think they are charging anything for the engine.. I doubt
Old 20th September 2007, 10:54   #1129
BHPian

Quote:
Here it is:

1.) 2.2 L with 140 BHP coming at 4000 rpm
2.) Turbocharger with VGT
3.) LX does not have 2.2 Limited only to EX and VX
4.) Beige interiors in EX with Dark Beige dashboard and light beige roof
5.) VX will come with wooden trim
6.) EX 30,000 more than 3 L with appx. 9.6 to 9.7 Lac on road in Hyderabad
7.) New grill with minor changes similar to upcoming 3L sumo
8.) 3L with be better with no rattles now with new fixes in the door
9.) 3L top speed 143kmph and 2.2L with 160kmph electronically limited
10.) Spare wheel remains the same
11.) roof top A/C remains the same
12.) Altogether newly developed engine not taken from any previous version or engine
13.) 3L has push rod engine but 2.2 has 16V DOHC
14.) Fog amps the same, bumper slightly changed to match front grill
15.) New generation engine and International class with no vibration. WORLD: TATAs are coming
Rajismine: Great news and good work! The 15 point change looks worth every penny extra, hope the vendors have done a good job of it as well, cause the Dash board and door levers were quite tacky in the DICOR and the finishing wasnt good, I hope the quality of the stuff that is now installed in the 2.2 is up to the export quality standards. Did you get to know anything on the steering? have they fixed the irritating wobble? any dope on that?
Old 20th September 2007, 11:03   #1130
Senior - BHPian

Hey, I was right about my source a month back

I knew there would not be a very huge price increase. 30 - 35k is peanuts compared to the new gem of an engine + all the changes.

I am a little dissappointed though because I was expecting a facelift on the sparewheel cover ( READ- Radically designed !! ). Lets see if it makes it or not.
Old 20th September 2007, 11:07   #1131
Senior - BHPian

Two very good engine features they have incorporated.

Variable geometry turbochargers (VGTs) are a family of turbochargers, usually designed to allow the effective aspect ratio (sometimes called A/R Ratio) of the turbo to be altered as conditions change.

This is done because optimum aspect ratio at low engine speeds is very different from that at high engine speeds. If the aspect ratio is too large, the turbo will fail to create boost at low speeds; if the aspect ratio is too small, the turbo will choke the engine at high speeds, leading to high exhaust manifold pressures, high pumping losses, and ultimately lower power output.

By altering the geometry of the turbine housing as the engine accelerates, the turbo's aspect ratio can be maintained at its optimum. Because of this, VGTs have a minimal amount of lag, have a low boost threshold, and are very efficient at higher engine speeds.

In many configurations, VGTs do not even require a wastegate, however this depends on whether the fully open position is sufficiently open to allow boost to be controlled to the desired level at all times.

Quote:

2.) Turbocharger with VGT

DOHC....................................Pushrods

Pushrod used in current 3.0l is also very reliable but its a matter of efficiency. DOHC are used in high power engines without giving bad exhaust emissions.

Quote:
13.) 3L has push rod engine but 2.2 has 16V DOHC
They are indeed going world class.

Quote:
15.) New generation engine and International class with no vibration. WORLD: TATAs are coming
Sources: wiki/Others
Old 20th September 2007, 11:07   #1132
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Done the calc's as per information with increase of 30K for EX and assuming 50K for VX in pricing of 2.2l for Karnataka/Bangalore pricing.

Model(4x2)____Ex-Showroom _____Net Price (RT+Ins)
LX ___________N/A______________N/A
EX ___________8,50,437/- ________9,68,223/-
VX __________10,70,747/- _______12,40,460/-
So the EX 4x4 will be about 11L then. Yesterday when 1L hike was hinted, I was mad as hell, that would put it close to 12L.
Old 20th September 2007, 11:19   #1133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
So the EX 4x4 will be about 11L then. Yesterday when 1L hike was hinted, I was mad as hell, that would put it close to 12L.
The ford still costs couple of lacs than the safari.

Whats the torque figures of 2.2?
Old 20th September 2007, 11:23   #1134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDA View Post
Rajismine: Great news and good work! The 15 point change looks worth every penny extra, hope the vendors have done a good job of it as well, cause the Dash board and door levers were quite tacky in the DICOR and the finishing wasnt good, I hope the quality of the stuff that is now installed in the 2.2 is up to the export quality standards. Did you get to know anything on the steering? have they fixed the irritating wobble? any dope on that?
Yes they have.
Another thing. Safari 2.2 L export will continue to be 142/143 bhp but Indian one has been detuned to 140 bhp for some unknown reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
The ford still costs couple of lacs than the safari.

Whats the torque figures of 2.2?
Forgot to ask but as i was told 2-3 days back, its some 330 NM

Last edited by Samurai : 20th September 2007 at 11:38.
Old 20th September 2007, 11:38   #1135
Senior - BHPian

These are the engine specs:

Engine

TYPE: 4 Dicor Cylinders 05 TD Intercooler
INJECTION SYSTEM: direct Injection Common Rail
CYLINDER(cc): 2179 cm3
COMPRESSION RATIO: 17.2:1
BORE PER CYLINDER: 85.0 x 96.0 millimeter
MAXIMUM POWER: 103 kW/4000 rpm
MAXIMUM TORQUE: 320 Nm/1700 - 2700rpm
ALTERNATOR: 12V/135A
MAXIMUM SPEED: 160 km/h

Export models are also 140 BHP (rounded) and they sell in 4x4's only.

I wonder what happens to the pricing of the existing 3.0L EX/VX and can you also confirm the launch dates.

Quote:
Yes they have.
Another thing. Safari 2.2 L export will continue to be 142/143 bhp but Indian one has been detuned to 140 bhp for some unknown reason
Old 20th September 2007, 11:55   #1136
BHPian

Quote:
These are the engine specs:

Engine

TYPE: 4 Dicor Cylinders 05 TD Intercooler
INJECTION SYSTEM: direct Injection Common Rail
CYLINDER(cc): 2179 cm3
COMPRESSION RATIO: 17.2:1
BORE PER CYLINDER: 85.0 x 96.0 millimeter
MAXIMUM POWER: 103 kW/4000 rpm
MAXIMUM TORQUE: 320 Nm/1700 - 2700rpm
ALTERNATOR: 12V/135A
MAXIMUM SPEED: 160 km/h

Export models are also 140 BHP (rounded) and they sell in 4x4's only.

I wonder what happens to the pricing of the existing 3.0L EX/VX and can you also confirm the launch dates.
25th to 29th depending on cities. I mean different dates for different states/cities. Delivery starts first week of Oct across country
Old 20th September 2007, 11:57   #1137
Senior - BHPian

Good to know, they have already built-up stock for over 2 months now. Deliveries shouldnt be a problem.

Quote:
25th to 29th depending on cities. I mean different dates for different states/cities. Delivery starts first week of Oct across country
Old 20th September 2007, 12:15   #1138
BHPian

Spoke to Dingra Motors, Gurgaon.

They going for the meet tomorrow. Will confirm date/price etc only after that. Expecting product to be in outlet by Sunday (to be confirmed). Will call me for the TD hopefully on Sunday. Could not get any more info out of them, as far as the car is concerned. But they are now openly accepting the existence and launch of the 2.2. Will keep everyone posted as soon as I hear from them.
Old 20th September 2007, 12:34   #1139
BHPian

Quote:
Have you booked a TD for the 2.2? if not we would appreciate if you could do one as you being a 3.0 owner will be able to crisply tell the difference between the two vehicles.
I was told by Concorde guys that they will be getting the TD vehicles on the 20th i.e. today.
Old 20th September 2007, 12:48   #1140
Senior - BHPian

Yeah! good suggestion by xbox. Rajeev, can you book a TD and let us know your honest opinion about it.

Other current 3.0l owners watching this space can also do the same for the benefit of this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbox360 View Post
Have you booked a TD for the 2.2? if not we would appreciate if you could do one as you being a 3.0 owner will be able to crisply tell the difference between the two vehicles.
I was told by Concorde guys that they will be getting the TD vehicles on the 20th i.e. today.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed