Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2007, 16:23   #1246
BHPian

Todays Ad in Deccan Chronicle(Hyd) "FREE LIFE TAX on Safari - SAVE UPTO Rs 50,000 --- In Addition special offer for Corporates, Teachers, Professors, TATA Exsiting Customers" Offer valid till Sept 30th 2007
Old 23rd September 2007, 17:22   #1247
BHPian

Hi adc,

Ok to answer your first point - the booking amount was 50K.

And secondly you caught me out!!!

That is my blog.

A little "Net Real Estate" ready for my journey with the "Beast" to begin.

Cheers!!!

turby - the True Safari Fanboy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Turby, do update on the booking amount.

By the way, I wonder whose link is this

My New Tata Safari 2.2
Old 24th September 2007, 06:28   #1248
BHPian

BOSCH developed ABS for the TATA Safari

India: Bosch developed ABS for the Tata Safari

Here's an ingenious way as to how Bosch developed ABS for the Tata Safari:

ABS development on the Safari (SUV class) vehicle was taken up using Bosch ABS 5.3. Subsequent variants with different power trains were supposed to continue with the same ABS, however, with DICOR (Direct Injection Common Rail) engine there was a difference in static & dynamic axle reactions resulting in noncompliance of secondary brake performance as per EEC and IS norms. Hence a by-pass valve was introduced in the rear circuit which helped in by-passing the ABS coming into action in the secondary condition and thus helping in a reduced stopping distance required as per EEC and IS norms without affecting the performance of ABS in the condition when both brake circuits are fully functional.

IF somebody is interested in the technical specs of this Bypass valve, one can purchase it at the following link:
Introduction of Bypass Valve in the Rear Brake Circuit of TATA SAFARI DICOR Vehicle with ABS System to Meet EEC/71/320 and ECE R 13
Old 24th September 2007, 15:03   #1249
Senior - BHPian

just got off the phone with my friend from TM ERC. he tells me that the 3.0 will be discontinued in the safari by jan and the engine will come in the new sumo and the base version of the TL.

when i told him that I am looking at booking the 2.2, he again told me to go in for the 3.0, citing his own example. he said buy the 2.2 over the 3.0 only if you want more performance. other than that, he feels the 3.0 is a better bet, at least as of now. (the guy prefers teh W124 merc to any of the newer ones- does that say something about his thinking and likes? me wonder......)

and so far, whatever he has told me about the 2.2 has been spot on in terms of pricing and performance characteristics(going by the posts of other members).
Old 24th September 2007, 15:11   #1250
Senior - BHPian

with you and I have emphasized this earlier (in other threads) that the 3.0l is a tried and tested machine and more stabler than ever now plus the pricing is going to become more lucrative with the 2.2l launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
when i told him that I am looking at booking the 2.2, he again told me to go in for the 3.0, citing his own example. he said buy the 2.2 over the 3.0 only if you want more performance. other than that, he feels the 3.0 is a better bet, at least as of now. (the guy prefers teh W124 merc to any of the newer ones- does that say something about his thinking and likes? me wonder......)
Old 24th September 2007, 15:14   #1251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
with you and I have emphasized this earlier (in other threads) that the 3.0l is a tried and tested machine and more stabler than ever now plus the pricing is going to become more lucrative with the 2.2l launch.

as far as the pricing goes, Autofin in Hyd is offering me 42 K cash discount on the LX after a bit of haggling from me. Am sure I can get him down more if i can convince him that I am a genuine buyer.

O.T. all delers in hyd only have aug manufactured safaris.....no one has sept stock. it seems that safari production was stopped in sept for the 2.2 launch
Old 24th September 2007, 15:20   #1252
Senior - BHPian

They are already advertising upto 50k + additional offers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashmi View Post
Todays Ad in Deccan Chronicle(Hyd) "FREE LIFE TAX on Safari - SAVE UPTO Rs 50,000 --- In Addition special offer for Corporates, Teachers, Professors, TATA Exsiting Customers" Offer valid till Sept 30th 2007
Quote:
as far as the pricing goes, Autofin in Hyd is offering me 42 K cash discount on the LX after a bit of haggling from me. Am sure I can get him down more if i can convince him that I am a genuine buyer.

O.T. all delers in hyd only have aug manufactured safaris.....no one has sept stock. it seems that safari production was stopped in sept for the 2.2 launch
Old 24th September 2007, 15:23   #1253
BHPian

Any updates on Test Drive or Price or Launch?
Old 24th September 2007, 15:36   #1254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
They are already advertising upto 50k + additional offers.

that is valid if you take TMF finance @14.5%

in my case it is a company car with allthe money (OTR) being paid by my company.

hence the lower discount. but I am still haggling......
Old 24th September 2007, 15:36   #1255
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The old Safari production was stopped on Sept 3rd, no wonder nobody had Sept stock.

Quote:
when i told him that I am looking at booking the 2.2, he again told me to go in for the 3.0, citing his own example. he said buy the 2.2 over the 3.0 only if you want more performance. other than that, he feels the 3.0 is a better bet, at least as of now.
When you are too close to the product, one only sees defects, even microscopic ones. That happens, I have experienced it too. Whenever I have released new products into the market, my heart is usually in my mouth. As it works for longer and longer in the field, that feeling goes away and then I start getting more and more confident about the product.
Old 24th September 2007, 16:06   #1256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

IIRC, in an old post you had quoted this very friend as saying that the 2.2 conks off after covering about 1,00,000 KMs. If true, that's far too less for an engine of this age. IMO, the first overhaul shouldn't occur before 3,00,000 KMs. What say?

Wasn't "FIRST OVERHAUL @ 300,000 KM" the bechmark when Scorpio engine was developed?

In the olden days, lots of Mercedes OM 616 used to cover that mileage before first overhaul.
Old 24th September 2007, 16:15   #1257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
IIRC, in an old post you had quoted this very friend as saying that the 2.2 conks off after covering about 1,00,000 KMs. If true, that's far too less for an engine of this age. IMO, the first overhaul shouldn't occur before 3,00,000 KMs. What say?

Wasn't "FIRST OVERHAUL @ 300,000 KM" the bechmark when Scorpio engine was developed?

In the olden days, lots of Mercedes OM 616 used to cover that mileage before first overhaul.
conking off is too harsh a term!! what he said was, and I quote, "it displays interesting characteristics" This is open to interpretation.

However, to give the guy credit, he put his money where his mouth is and bought a 3.0 for himself!
Old 24th September 2007, 16:17   #1258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post
Any updates on Test Drive or Price or Launch?
as per dealers inHyd, launch is on 4th OCt and price will be 40K more than the existing variants on ex-showroom- so about 50K OTR.
Old 24th September 2007, 16:27   #1259
Senior - BHPian

So now its 40k. Done the calc's as per increase of 40K for EX and assuming 55K for VX in pricing of 2.2l for Karnataka/Bangalore pricing.

Model(4x2)____Ex-Showroom _____Net Price (RT+Ins)
EX ___________8,60,437/- ________9,79,608/-
VX __________10,75,747/- _______12,46,253/-

Price seems to be increasing as the launch date comes closer . I hope they give some goodies with it, its only an engine change primarily.

Have taken insurance at 3.85% of ex-showroom price and RTO for Karnataka @ 10% for < 10L and 12% for > 10L ex-showroom price. Keep some 10K extra to the net cost for registration/ number plate and the service charge the showroom charges.

I remember for the current 3.0l they were offerring some discounts on the interests too, they should give the same to 2.2l.

Quote:
that is valid if you take TMF finance @14.5%

Last edited by dadu : 24th September 2007 at 16:33.
Old 24th September 2007, 16:54   #1260
BHPian

As per Bangalore Dealer, The vehicle is coming tomorrow late evening & they are expecting it to be displayed by Wednesday / Thursday. They are expecting the Demo car by weekend.

regards
Deepak
Closed Thread

Most Viewed