Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2007, 11:09   #241
SUV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-U- View Post
Dealers seem to be throwing out all sorts of dates these days. I was told it will be April though I am not sure whether any of these dealers know for sure. If you go back to the first post of this thread, it was started sometime in June last year.

Hey man, SUV, could you give us any more information? Did anyone see the Indigo XL coming in January?

Cheerios.
2.2 L expected March / April, Think they are waiting on Mahindra's 2.2 to get the Pricing right. Expect it to be about 50 - 70k Dearer than the existing 3.0.

Atleast we should be happy they are improving and learning from their earlier mistakes of launching out of the box products.

re Indigo XL - Yeah i saw it coming slow nd slouchy in Jan 07 ... ....
Old 25th January 2007, 11:22   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUV View Post
2.2 L expected March / April, Think they are waiting on Mahindra's 2.2 to get the Pricing right. Expect it to be about 50 - 70k Dearer than the existing 3.0.
Imagine Mahindra's waiting for Tata's and Tata's waiting for Mahindra's. Mahindra's do know however, the power range of this 2.2L after the Bologna auto show. So, they do have some advantage over Tata's.

I assume they're going to reduce the 3L DICOR's price instead of pricing the 2.2L sky high. I am waiting to get some concrete info on the power/torque and pricing but may be I should start looking for alternatives and can the Safari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUV View Post
re Indigo XL - Yeah i saw it coming slow nd slouchy in Jan 07 ... ....
Yeah, right!

Last edited by THE-U- : 25th January 2007 at 11:25.
Old 25th January 2007, 11:32   #243
Team-BHP Support

Autocar pegged indigo XLs date as early 2007, and they turned out to be correct.
I think their prediction of June launch of new safari is also going to be correct.
Except for the Fabia, they are pretty good with launch dates, case in point the swift diesel which they said will debut in early 2007.
They give Logans date in Apr 2007 and are mostly correct.
Old 25th January 2007, 11:40   #244
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-U- View Post
Dealers seem to be throwing out all sorts of dates these days. I was told it will be April though I am not sure whether any of these dealers know for sure.
The dealers are often in the dark about impending launches. What they can share, I think they do share.
Old 25th January 2007, 11:49   #245
SUV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Autocar pegged indigo XLs date as early 2007, and they turned out to be correct.
I think their prediction of June launch of new safari is also going to be correct.
Except for the Fabia, they are pretty good with launch dates, case in point the swift diesel which they said will debut in early 2007.
They give Logans date in Apr 2007 and are mostly correct.
Info i have posted is according to My Sources. Lets wait n Watch .....

THE-U- : No Offence meant on the Slow and Slouchy liner ....
Old 25th January 2007, 11:58   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Except for the Fabia, they are pretty good with launch dates,
And the Endeavour TDCI.........and the Fortuner....don't forget those two! Their initial predictions were more than a year ago for both & neither have seen the light of day yet...........even the Outlander was due last March according to them (IIRC)
Old 25th January 2007, 12:02   #247
Team-BHP Support

Ok, my bad, but if you look at Hyundai, Tata, Mahindra and Maruti predictions, they are pretty good.
As for Mitsu, Toyota, ford etc., its been dicey.
I still think its going to be June because DICOR 3.0 is selling very well. Tata upgrades when sales fall.
Look at indica turbo, indigo etc., immediately after the cosmetic upgrades the sales have again shot up.
Right now they will focus on the indigo because sales have fallen to low 2000s, maybe even lower. Innova scorpio etc., are selling more, and swift diesel is threatening their last bastion, small diesel. When the getz comes in its going to be a handful of tata and they are going to go gung ho on the car platform first, make as much money as possible from the current safari and then in the middle of the year upgrade it too, along with the Sumo to retake the taxi market.
Old 25th January 2007, 12:33   #248
SUV
BHPian

Quote:
Look at indica turbo, indigo etc., immediately after the cosmetic upgrades the sales have again shot up.
Market always takes in anything which is New ... Wait for a month or two for it to decline / stabilise ...
Old 25th January 2007, 13:21   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I still think its going to be June because DICOR 3.0 is selling very well. Tata upgrades when sales fall.
with you on that
Old 27th January 2007, 11:02   #250
BHPian

Quote:
I think they're (and I would like them to be) wrong. The article says:

"The new 2.2-litre DICOR was launched in the existing Safari at the recently-held Bologna Motor Show in Italy and will be sold in the export market from January 2007. However, Indian SUV buyers will have to wait till June 2007 before they can get their hands on the new engine, which is expected to be far superior to the existing 3-litre DICOR."

I don't think the 2.2L is available in any other country so far. January does have a few more days so we'll see.
Old 29th January 2007, 13:01   #251
BHPian

Here are we talking about the new Safari, look below to see who has taken the lead its a "SUMO"

Mumbai: Tata Motors is to introduce a new-look Tata Sumo in April 2007. The new multi-utility vehicle will have a 2.2 litre CRDi (common rail direct injection) diesel engine instead of the present 2-litre. Apparently, it is the same engine used on the sports utility vehicle Tata Safari. Company officials say they have the option to choose either the 2.2-litre or 3.0-litre CRDi engine.
Old 29th January 2007, 13:32   #252
BHPian

is it with a minor cosmetic changes or a new vehicle under different platform?
Old 29th January 2007, 14:57   #253
SUV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1kram View Post
is it with a minor cosmetic changes or a new vehicle under different platform?
Check this Link for Spy Pic ...

CarSpyShots.net Forums: 2008 Tata Sumo
Old 29th January 2007, 15:08   #254
BHPian

@suv.. thanks for the link
Old 29th January 2007, 23:52   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
Mumbai: Tata Motors is to introduce a new-look Tata Sumo in April 2007. The new multi-utility vehicle will have a 2.2 litre CRDi (common rail direct injection) diesel engine instead of the present 2-litre. Apparently, it is the same engine used on the sports utility vehicle Tata Safari. Company officials say they have the option to choose either the 2.2-litre or 3.0-litre CRDi engine.
Where is this news from? If they're going to introduce the 2.2L in the Sumo in April 2007 (2.2 without turbo or intercooler?), the Safari might be introduced even earlier. However, I think it is likely that the Sumo might take on Scorpio and Safari might move upmarket.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed