Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2007, 19:38   #286
Senior - BHPian

some one's leaking from the forum and deleting from the source even Tata sumo pics are deleted thank god Ijust saw in time.
Old 24th February 2007, 19:39   #287
Senior - BHPian

ok. check it again
Old 24th February 2007, 19:58   #288
SUV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
some one's leaking from the forum and deleting from the source even Tata sumo pics are deleted thank god Ijust saw in time.

Dude ... the site where he has uploaded the pics is down ......
Old 24th February 2007, 20:56   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUV View Post
Dude ... the site where he has uploaded the pics is down ......
Now thats really embarassing and I am going offline for a day to cover my stupidity
Old 25th February 2007, 01:13   #290
BHPian

Well, after all this testing, we are not hearing anything concrete from any source as to when the official launch of this variant will be in India! Where are these export models going to? Europe or South Africa?

I am not even sure Tata has a proper website for their European or South African operations and they are able to hold all the information close to their chest. Hey TATA, give us some authentic pointers.
Old 25th February 2007, 01:16   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
ok. check it again
Tushky, was this the regular LX/ EX gray bumper or is this a two coloured model? It looks like a two coloured version from the picture.
Old 25th February 2007, 09:03   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-U- View Post
Well, after all this testing, we are not hearing anything concrete from any source as to when the official launch of this variant will be in India! Where are these export models going to? Europe or South Africa?

I am not even sure Tata has a proper website for their European or South African operations and they are able to hold all the information close to their chest. Hey TATA, give us some authentic pointers.
take the websites
Tata motors Spain- TATA MOTORS
Tata motors UK - Tata Cars - Robinson Tuning Ltd - 0141 641 1199
more websites soon.

Quote:

Tata Motors Turkey- TATA
Tata Motors Italy - TATA ITALIA

Last edited by adya33 : 25th February 2007 at 13:09.
Old 25th February 2007, 11:08   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They do have international websites, but they do not contain any news on the 2.2 Safari. I've already trawled these sites:

Tata SA, India's Leading motor Brand. Now in South Africa

TATA ITALIA

TATA MOTORS

TATA
Old 25th February 2007, 11:57   #294
Senior - BHPian

Whats happened to the proposed facelift for the safari,the pic does not show any difference,

Quote:
Tata Motors Company is planning to give the SUV-Offroader "Safari" yet another face-lift and an all-new 2.2 litre direct-injection common-rail (DICOR) engine.With the next generation SUV platform (code: X2) delayed until 2008, Tata is planning to spruce up the decade-old Safari design to keep it on the boil till then.
Source:
marathonrally.com | deserts are everywhere | rallyraid and offroad-motorsports magazine
Old 25th February 2007, 18:57   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
They do have international websites, but they do not contain any news on the 2.2 Safari.
Thanks Steer and Tushky. Clearly, it would have been advantageous for Tata to release the 2.2L in India first and then send it overseas.

This is one of the cases where more knowledge is really not helpful to the consumer. I would've gone happily on my way with the 3L Dicor if not for this news.

Rahul_intlad, since the Safari 3L DICOR qualifies as a facelift model, the 2.2L alone could be the other facelift. The platform change is going to be a major upgrade and it would be an all new model.

Last edited by THE-U- : 25th February 2007 at 19:01.
Old 25th February 2007, 20:21   #296
Team-BHP Support

Since it's already released in the market wouldn't that mean it's been thoroughly tested.

By the time it comes to india all niggling mechanical problems should be sorted out.

But I'm surprised they would test a new vehicle in the international market.

But who's to complain, all the better for us.
Old 26th February 2007, 09:11   #297
BHPian

I was always of the opinion that face-lift of a model has more to do with changes to body and things like that without any changes to engine.

But for Tata's it is the other way. They change engines and retain the same body
Old 26th February 2007, 23:19   #298
BHPian

Hi All I am a big fan of tata safari and my eyes get stuck on whenever i see a dicor on the road. I own a 2001 M800 and feel like an elephant overtaking a rabbit when a dicor overtakes me. My immense love comes from the fact when I imagine on an indian highway you might be driving a camry but when a safari dipper(s) you from behind and you see the glimpse of its headlights in your rear view mirror, you have to give the respect this beast deserves and give way I am eagerly waiting for 2.2L dicor. I see a mixed feedback over the launch date which is pointing to end march as the thread has progressed. The pricing also does not look to be too sure either. My only concern across different sites have been the issues raised on the reliability of the tata cars. As one of my friend jokes, if you buy a tata car, you have to always carry screw driver with you!!. I see a lot of tata owners in the thread. Are the cards so bad? I really dont believe so as otherwise thee wont be those many tata cars on the road. Anyway please let me know when can we have 2.2L dicor in India
Old 27th February 2007, 15:00   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are the cards so bad?
Definately Not. Tata cars are quite good but suffer from some issues which tat does manage to sort out as soon as they can.

I am madly waiting for the 2.2L Safari on the X2 platform, before which i dont think its worth buying it IMHO.

The Safari has had the same body wid 4 different engines.

1. TCIC
2. 2.1 Petrol
3. 3.0 Dicor
4. 2.2 Dicor

I think its high time they get the X2 platform.
Old 27th February 2007, 16:00   #300
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I think Safari on X2 platform would see the light next year only. As current safari has got good response from market. Well as per sources production has increased drastically. Next month may see productions of 2500 vehicles with nearly 600 vehicles for export market, many of them having 2.2ltr engine. They are surely catching up with scorpio. I expect a april end or mid may launch of 2.2l safari in india.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks