Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2007, 13:19   #331
SUV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogusingh View Post
I am planning to go for a test drive the safari dicor over the weekend. Do these guys allow a long drive like around 1-->2 hours?

Also is the 2.2L launch happening in July ?
yep .. july it is for now .....
Old 1st March 2007, 14:37   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUV View Post
Besides July is not very far away .. you can experience one and even own one
Yeah, july is not that far, if you simply flip the pages of the calendar. But, it is a lot of time for someone who is eagerly waiting... Anyway, thanks for the info.
Old 1st March 2007, 14:43   #333
BHPian

July is very far guys :-(

I cant wait that long, also is this information pakka pakka because I saw in an earlier thread the date as end of march.
Old 1st March 2007, 14:57   #334
BANNED

Steer,
you are not really aware what the 3 ltd 407 engine in our DICOR can perform, I have seen the 407's engine life being so good and almost trouble free. The Dicor can move almost effortlessly anywhere. I dont think so that a 2.2 ltr engine has got so much of a juice in them. Just by COPY CUT PASTE you cant build an SUV. The new DICOR may only be realased to cut costs in production.
The existing DICOR has better braking compared to the old, ABS is a boon.
DICOR has so much power in them, you feel you are running empty car with even 10 people on board.
I am a true ardent fan of Safari since i known safari existense and driving my safari for almost 8000 kms i am truly in love with it. Would not exchange if TATA's gave me the new 2.2 for free.
Old 1st March 2007, 15:07   #335
SUV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Yeah, july is not that far, if you simply flip the pages of the calendar. But, it is a lot of time for someone who is eagerly waiting... Anyway, thanks for the info.
PM Me your number .. If i happen to get hold of a TD in the near future will call you ......
Old 1st March 2007, 15:57   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUV View Post
PM Me your number ..
Done!! Hope to see you soon
Old 1st March 2007, 17:39   #337
adc
Senior - BHPian

On buying Safari this March

Somehow have a gut feeling that the new 2.2 Dicor is going to be too pricey for me - enough of waiting, thinking of buying the existing Dicor this March. Anyone planning same from Kolkata? Any idea of how much discounts I could get or may be if I get someone from the city, team up for some big discounts. BTW I am somewhat decided on the LX 4WD version.

Thanks
Old 1st March 2007, 18:11   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Steer,
you are not really aware what the 3 ltd 407 engine in our DICOR can perform, ......................... running empty car with even 10 people on board.
I am a true ardent fan of Safari since i known safari existense and driving my safari for almost 8000 kms i am truly in love with it. Would not exchange if TATA's gave me the new 2.2 for free.

Thanks for your feedback buddy, is it really that there is too much hype about this 2.2L engine and may be its better off to either buy the current dicor OR go for X2 coming in the next year.
BTW what is the seating capacity in terms of comfortable seating in Dicor, Can 7 people sit comfortably?
Also does anybody have a good handle on the exact set of improvements besides the engine being done in 2.2L dicor?
I tried enquiring from a tata guy about the dicor 2.2L, he told me to post the query on their website( info@safaridicor.com ) , i did that but looks like this id itself does not work, i am getting deferred delievery intimations

regards
pogu
Old 1st March 2007, 18:19   #339
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Steer,
you are not really aware what the 3 ltd 407 engine in our DICOR can perform, I have seen the 407's engine life being so good and almost trouble free. The Dicor can move almost effortlessly anywhere. I dont think so that a 2.2 ltr engine has got so much of a juice in them. Just by COPY CUT PASTE you cant build an SUV. The new DICOR may only be realased to cut costs in production.
DICOR has so much power in them, you feel you are running empty car with even 10 people on board.
how can you say that without driving it.. just because its 2.2 compared to 3??
Old 1st March 2007, 18:23   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Would not exchange if TATA's gave me the new 2.2 for free.
Are you sure ??? With the kind of power they are talking about, it could probably make you feel its empty even with 15 people on board . It would also be a DICOR, only the base engine would change............if they gave it for free, I might be tempted. Seriously!

Last edited by suman : 1st March 2007 at 18:25.
Old 1st March 2007, 19:05   #341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Friend you're going totally overboard.

You first compared the Safari to a Landcruiser, which is equivalent to an insult for the King of No Roads (the LC, not the Safari - in case you're confused).

Now you say the Dicor has 'so much power' - you obviously have not driven more powerful machines. Yes it does pull loads effortlessly, but that is not what a passenger vehicle is supposed to do. That is the job of the 407 LCV, not an SUV.

Its all fine being a true fan, but being blind and refusing to accept reality is another matter altogether. I'm sorry but you're not in touch with reality.
Old 1st March 2007, 21:26   #342
BHPian

Does anyone has info which is a better showroom/workshop for Tata vehicles in New Delhi.

regards
pogu
Old 1st March 2007, 22:41   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Steer,
You need to drive the 2.2 to say that. Tata being tata and not Hyundai their figures on paper are somewhat true. With 140bhp and 320NM torque who wont like a 2.2 compared to 3.0??

I think you should drive a few cars before making such statements which are underlined in bold.

And remember in olden days cars with capacity of 5.0L has 120bhp, wheras in todays technology advanced world a mere 1.4L engine can generate that much power.
Old 2nd March 2007, 10:09   #344
BHPian

There is another post about the 2.2. In case the people following this thread missed it, here is the link:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...ari-dicor.html
Old 2nd March 2007, 10:48   #345
BANNED

pogusingh, I was in a similar dilemma - to wait or to buy?

Decided to buy the existing DICOR since it has been in the market for some time and is tried and tested. Got it last month and enjoying it thoroughly.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks