Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2007, 12:22   #391
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
I advise you to get ur suv checked...( i think maybe.. bad fuel might have clogged the fuel filter or ur catcon might be choked)
However, get it attended ....
I agree....120 on this beast is a cakewalk, if its struggling then something is not right. Kept a 120-140 kmph range on the NH1 & NH 64 during my Kasauli, max I got to was around 155 on the speedo on NH 64 between Rajpura & Ambala yesterday.

Believe me, upto 140 it feels EFFORTLESS, you actually do not realize the speeds you are doing.
Old 7th March 2007, 14:59   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorkats View Post
will be meeting the gentleman this week.will pick his brains for good measure.
Any updates Dr.Kats?

In the meanwhile, here is an excerpt from The Hindu: (The Hindu : Business : Tatas unveil `Elegante')
-------------------------------------------
The company also unveiled its new pick-up vehicle, which could be launched in the Indian market in the next two to three months, Mr. Kant said.
The pick-up truck will have three diesel engine variants starting from 90 hp to 140 hp and also in two-wheel and four-wheel drive versions. It will be launched in India and followed by other markets like South Africa, Europe and West Asia.
----------------------------
If we take Mr. Kant's word seriously, we have a 140 bhp pickup coming our way in the next 2-3 months. If it becomes available in a pickup, can Safari be far behind

Cheers,
Su-47
Old 7th March 2007, 15:20   #393
BHPian

Yes its absolutely right. Its the new tatamobile which is frequently spotted on Pune roads is coming its will have cosmetic changes & will come with three engine options the current 2ltr TCIC then 3ltr dicor & 2.2ltr dicor. Face lift picks ups with 2.2ltr engine have started production but for export market only mainly Europe wherein euroIV norms are mandatory.

It will be commercialy launched in India by May end with Safari & also facelift Sumo all with three diesel engine options.
Old 7th March 2007, 15:34   #394
BHPian

Does anyone has info that 2.2L might get launched with new colours also?

regards
POGU
Old 7th March 2007, 15:46   #395
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
it should do that 120 with ease - no need to stand on the pedal.
I agree, it hits 115 kph at 2000 rpm in 5th. I stuck to the 115 kph limit for the first 1000 kph and have gone upto 140 kph after that. Have another highway trip coming up and will see how much faster the truck goes provided the traffic conditions are favourable.
Old 7th March 2007, 16:08   #396
BHPian

[quote=Su-47;386705]Any updates Dr.Kats?

hi sukhoi!
meeting him at 1400hrs friday.will get max info out of him and post it here.
regards.
Old 7th March 2007, 16:52   #397
BHPian

[quote=doctorkats;386756]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Any updates Dr.Kats?

hi sukhoi!
meeting him at 1400hrs friday.will get max info out of him and post it here.
regards.
DoctorKats, we are eagerly waiting for your feedback on the subject and any new information about 2.2L dicor shall be great to have. Hope you give good news this time......

regards
POGU
Old 7th March 2007, 19:18   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Pogusingh, Try this:
Tata Motors - Contact us
Thanks. Just sent a stinker! Hope to see some action.

Else, Ill drag myself to a showroom in Delhi soon. Guys from Delhi, any good dealers in or around West Delhi. I stay in Janak Puri.

I know HIM Motors is one and there is another one in Mayapuri - A ONE I think!

Suggestions?
Old 7th March 2007, 22:22   #399
BHPian

dicor dilemma

Hi all,
i had some luck with dhingra motors gurgaon yesterday. they promised for 1030am but reached my office at 330 pm. anyways had a longish drive on the gurgaon faridabad road. it was good fun except for the starting vibration and cabin noise.

still thinking whether to go in for 3.0 ltr dicor or wait till june for 2.2 ltr. any clues on the launch ??
Old 7th March 2007, 22:41   #400
BHPian

Oh friends, I cant help appreciating the beauty of this beast. This is really an awesome color I feel although I do not see much of it on road. Looks like all the guys who are buying the dicor prefer either black or silver. BTW I feel pure white color also looks awesome

ImageShack - Hosting :: dicores2.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 7th March 2007 at 22:44.
Old 8th March 2007, 10:04   #401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmishra83 View Post
I stay in Janak Puri.
Why on earth are you asking Dhingra for a TD if you stay in Janakpuri? Is your Office in Gurgaon? If not, no wonder they're dragging their feet - get hold of someone closer to your home or Office. Check the dealer locator on the site as advised to Pogu.........
Old 8th March 2007, 11:43   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogusingh View Post
This is really an awesome color I feel although I do not see much of it on road.
ImageShack - Hosting :: dicores2.jpg
This is arizona blue, I've seen a couple of these in BLR.
Old 8th March 2007, 16:18   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Why on earth are you asking Dhingra for a TD if you stay in Janakpuri? Is your Office in Gurgaon? If not, no wonder they're dragging their feet - get hold of someone closer to your home or Office. Check the dealer locator on the site as advised to Pogu.........
My friend Suman, of course my office is in Gurgaon. Otherwise I'd be nuts to come down to GGN for a test drive. I work on 5 days and those 5 are reallly long days. Hence, it would be great if this works out for me in GGN.
Anybody knows someone (I mean a sales guy form a decent dealership) in West Delhi?
I found Dhingra Motors thru the website and had really bad experiences... they dont even turn up - what can be worse? Thats why I am a bit apprehensive about taking the website route.
Old 8th March 2007, 16:32   #404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavan kadam
you are not really aware what the 3 ltd 407 engine in our DICOR can perform, I have seen the 407's engine life being so good and almost trouble free.
Very true.
Our company has a 1992 Tata 407 which runs in the city only and believe me ,The engine is still running without a rebuild.
15 years!!
Old 8th March 2007, 17:13   #405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Otherwise I'd be nuts to come down to GGN for a test drive.
You wouldn't need to....they would need to come to you, right?

Quote:
I work on 5 days and those 5 are reallly long days. Hence, it would be great if this works out for me in GGN.
If you PM me your Mobile number I'll try & get a guy from Dhingra Motors to give you a call.........don't take off on him because of his Company's sins though as Dhingra Motors is a proprietary concern & runs pretty much like one...........

Last edited by suman : 8th March 2007 at 17:16.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed