Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2007, 12:10   #706
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
With this price jump, don't you think they should keep the 3.0 also. Else the numbers may get dip, with the interest rates taking a toll already
They might just like the TCIC and they might also reduce the price of the 3.0 and keep the 2.2ltr around in place of the 3.0 pricing, +/- few thousands.

It all depends on the marketing strategy they adopt and the input costs of the 2.2ltr.

I was also not particularly convinced about the "release on stock exhaustion" theory, since once they start production of 2.2 they need to sell, rising in-hand stock figures are a bigger headache for any manufacturer.

But then everything is speculation, isnt it?
Old 6th August 2007, 12:36   #707
GTO
Team-BHP Support

A reliable source saw a brand new black Safari at Bandra with a "2.1" badge. What gives?
Old 6th August 2007, 12:41   #708
Senior - BHPian

The Safari with the 2.1 badge is the petrol one. They came with a 2.1L badging
Old 6th August 2007, 13:30   #709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
A reliable source saw a brand new black Safari at Bandra with a "2.1" badge. What gives?
seems like tata safari petrol have quiet a few takers...(they maybe petrol pump owners ). OFFTOPIC: I thank my stars and Team-Bhp, i had almost bought a petrol safari :S over my LX currently

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 6th August 2007 at 13:32.
Old 6th August 2007, 13:49   #710
BHPian

Yes it is coming in Sept and not mid Aug. Will be appx 45-50,000 higher in price. has a 2.2. Ltr 142 Bhp engine...
Old 6th August 2007, 14:15   #711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
Yes it is coming in Sept and not mid Aug. Will be appx 45-50,000 higher in price. has a 2.2. Ltr 142 Bhp engine...
Official Source or Speculation ???
Old 6th August 2007, 14:36   #712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Official Source or Speculation ???
As far as I know, new releases or price changes at TATA are hush hush affairs until they are officially announced. All such decisions are mostly taken one night before, intimated to all the dealers and come into effect the next morning.

So, everything here, i believe, is speculation only.
Old 6th August 2007, 14:57   #713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUV View Post
Changes Expected - New GearBox, New Engine, Climate Control, Few on Interior, Expected Launch Date (unconfirmed) - Dec 06 to 1st Quater 07.
From the first post of this thread, I hope they incorporate the climate control feature, it helps.
Old 6th August 2007, 16:41   #714
BHPian

Considering the fact that both FORD & MARUTI have launched their newer version of their SUV's at a lower price (inspite of value addition & more power) and that the newer version of the Safari will come with a 2.2 ltr engine down from 3 ltr (although more power), will it be priced same as the 3 ltr version or cheaper????
Old 6th August 2007, 17:15   #715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Road View Post
Considering the fact that both FORD & MARUTI have launched their newer version of their SUV's at a lower price (inspite of value addition & more power) and that the newer version of the Safari will come with a 2.2 ltr engine down from 3 ltr (although more power), will it be priced same as the 3 ltr version or cheaper????

I guess this thread is what you need--
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...st-launch.html
Old 6th August 2007, 20:23   #716
BHPian

Man... I called up TATA and Mahindra motors today, I talked the owners of a leading showroom in Chennai, it seems the release is scheduled to be next year Feb at the least and if it is this month or the next they would have gotten the news by now. So it does sound plausible because the new year and new model would actually make more marketing sense for the companies.

Now I am tired of waiting and i am not joking, The Buddha said all our miseries are because of our Wants, tell me about it. I am miserable waiting for these new sh!t buckets. So dam annoying to wait like this.

What do i do? Do i just go for the Scorpio 4wd. The Safari EX 4wd is 10.9lk on road and for the old engine it sounds a bit to much. Any help for a frustu guy!!?
Old 6th August 2007, 20:50   #717
Senior - BHPian

Monster, just wait, obviously the dealer will say its coming later so he can hand over to you one of the current stocks.
Old 6th August 2007, 22:22   #718
BHPian

Its official. I mean from Concorde guys Hyderabad. However the service centre manager has no clue. He says right now the priority is only Indica V3 and the 1 Lakh car. But he sayd you never know, suddenly they will launch it and we @ concorde also will get to know only after it is launched
Old 7th August 2007, 00:13   #719
Senior - BHPian

Why is TATA Motors delaying the release of their new pickup(Xenon in some markets) in India?.And, the redesigned Safari too?.I keep seeing endless spy pics and articles in various websites and newspapers , but no developments from TATA?.What gives?.....
Old 7th August 2007, 00:19   #720
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
He says right now the priority is only Indica V3 and the 1 Lakh car.
Don't think the 1 lakh car is any big priority as yet. That will take a year to make its appearance but the X1 is coming (ok, V3 is just kind of slang. its actually called X1). This was confirmed to me by a senior Tata Quality guy last month. It should be here soon now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster_BHP View Post
What do i do? Do i just go for the Scorpio 4wd. The Safari EX 4wd is 10.9lk on road and for the old engine it sounds a bit to much. Any help for a frustu guy!!?
Just one thing the same buddha also said that impatience is the bane of mankind. Just hold it man. Make do with your current car a while longer. You are almost there. You do not want to spend that kind of money and then keep hitting your head on the wall. anyhow we won't allow you to do that more than twice... sorry two smiley rule, you see? The showroom guys will always bluff particularly if he has a stock to clear before his dooms day arrives and in you he sees one potential bakra to offload one of his vehicles.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks