Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2007, 01:29   #721
Senior - BHPian

Monster, just play this trick on the dealer, next time he calls, tell him that you are going for the Scorpio because the scorpio has more engine response than the current Safari Dicor (if he tries to argue otherwise tell him you have TD'd both). Then see him give you the same Feb launch story.
Old 7th August 2007, 01:49   #722
LLL
BHPian

i think this safari 2.2 is a trick being played on folks here. No dealer is talking of 2.2 and its only here in t-bhp that people are talking about it. someone mentioned that in delhi discount has gone upto 50k and on asking for source, i met silence.

Do a google on tata safari 2.2l and only links that come up are from t-bhp..no newspaper, no clipping nothing.
Old 7th August 2007, 02:24   #723
Senior - BHPian

LLL dude coz Team-BHP is reliable than newspapers who say "M800 is safer than Merc" and also Magazines who keeps on changing 0-100 figures and FE figures of cars in every 3rd edition.

LLL you may also check this:
The Hindu Business Line : Tata Motors to launch DiCOR engine cars

Last edited by abhibh : 7th August 2007 at 02:32.
Old 7th August 2007, 02:27   #724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
i think this safari 2.2 is a trick being played on folks here. No dealer is talking of 2.2 and its only here in t-bhp that people are talking about it. someone mentioned that in delhi discount has gone upto 50k and on asking for source, i met silence.

Do a google on tata safari 2.2l and only links that come up are from t-bhp..no newspaper, no clipping nothing.
See it when it comes out and then read this post again.
Old 7th August 2007, 07:06   #725
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I thought they already had 2.2 engine for export markets! Still got no links?
Old 7th August 2007, 08:46   #726
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
This news quotes "TOP Sources". Probably an overzealous reporter picking up the news from T-bhp.

Just a question - every car manufacturer goes overboard announcing cars they will be launching in next 2-3 years. Fiat has been shouting from rooftops about linea, GP; ford about their small car; hyundai about PA and diesel santro/Getz; nissan about 3000$ car; skoda about fabia. Even tata has been shouting frim rooftops about 1 lakh car. remember how long back m&m had been crying hoarse about logan??

So why nothing from anyone in tata motors??
Old 7th August 2007, 09:51   #727
Senior - BHPian

LLL, you are the one who is causing part of the confusion, in one post you are releasing discounted figures

Quote:
safari lx @ 6.25 delhi.....
and in other you are asking for it , are you a TATA guy or a dealer, it makes me wonder.

Quote:

Old 7th August 2007, 09:54   #728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
LLL dude coz Team-BHP is reliable than newspapers who say "M800 is safer than Merc" and also Magazines who keeps on changing 0-100 figures and FE figures of cars in every 3rd edition.

LLL you may also check this:
The Hindu Business Line : Tata Motors to launch DiCOR engine cars
This is an Old post of 2006 and that information can no longer be trusted, since most such articles published during those times have surpassed their predictions.
Old 7th August 2007, 09:54   #729
BHPian

Kindly refer my previous post on this thread on this subject. When i had enquired about the 2.2 2-3 months back in HYD, both the TATA dealers had said that it is a fable and nothing of the sort is on the cards.
Now when i enquired last week, both said that the car is being launched, the only disconnect between them was the launch date. I think the same trend has been noticed and cited by t-bhp folks in other cities as well.
I for one will be heart broken if all this hype burns to the ground again :(.
Old 7th August 2007, 09:58   #730
Senior - BHPian

2.2 will come in very soon.. casually i queried someone very reliable that my bro was buying 3 ltr dicor.. shall he or shall he not.. came the reply wait for 15 20 days and he might get something better aka 2.2 . I have posted the conversation in this thread. Few new colors expected and one of them which i saw was a metallic grey color (awesome) similar to what scorpio has and it had beige color interiors.
So guys patience...it will be very soon around
Old 7th August 2007, 10:10   #731
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

I thought they already had 2.2 engine for export markets! Still got no links?
I had posted the specs translated from the TATA Italia site here and the pics here.

The Italian TATA club website is here and there is a link to the Italian forum too.

The official TATA Safari italy page is here

Melian Italia is the sole and authorised importer for TATA motor vehicles and they have released it in June, the pricing are also present on TATA website.

A small writeup of Safari 2.2 from the Italian InfoMotori is here, transaled version is here.

Do we need to rip them more cheers:
Old 7th August 2007, 10:43   #732
BHPian

Hi friends,

Seems there is lot of speculations on launch of 2.2 ltr well guys 2.2 is immenient only launch is diifereing well this month or next month. With the coming festive seasons these are surely there. Now why is it late: well as 3.0 ltr is getting discontinued on safari they have to give some answers to the buyers who have bought their product. Hence its seems Xenon launch will take place with it wherein 3.0 ltr engine is going to be plonked & all buyers issues will be answered. Right now xenon production has started as well so just wait for few days.
Old 7th August 2007, 11:07   #733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Road View Post
Considering the fact that both FORD & MARUTI have launched their newer version of their SUV's at a lower price (inspite of value addition & more power)
The new Endeavour is more expensive IIRC?
Old 7th August 2007, 12:24   #734
BHPian

Dont worry guys.......It will be launched this month end or early next month. This is the official source from Bangalore.

I was negotiating with one of the sales Managers on buying the 3.0, then when i saw the 2.2 ltr thread in Team BHP, i said the sales person that i have dropped the plan of buying Safari because it has got lots of problem & power is not sufficient ( It was just a lie i told him ).

He tried to convince me, but failed. Then finally he told dont worry Sir, we wil be launching the new 2.2 ltr in the next couple of weeks. I again reconfirmed the same with another dealer & got the same response.

So, people who wants to buy can HOLD ON for couple of weeks.........ITS COMING..........
Old 7th August 2007, 12:47   #735
Senior - BHPian

True, we should have read more into the Q1 results and investors/shareholders meet transcript earlier for clarity, its only a matter of which months as its definitely being launched in Q2. Some excerpts :

Quote:
Happenings in June quarter(Q1):

During the quarter, Tata Motors launched several new vehicles. In passenger vehicles, the company has introduced the Indigo LS, an entry level common rail diesel (DICOR) offering in the sedan range, expanded the long wheel base Indigo XL’s range with the Indigo XL Classic, and launched an upgraded range of Tata Spacio, its entry level utility vehicle.

Tata Motors also introduced a new range of commercial vehicles for passenger transportation, the Magic and the Winger, which are expected to create new segments. The mini-truck, Ace, has been introduced in Nepal.

Tata Motors has also received an order from the Delhi Transport Corporation to supply 500 state-of-the-art low-floor CNG-propelled buses, which will begin to be delivered from the second half of the financial year. In May Tata Motors recommended a dividend of 150%, or Rs 15 a share, on 385,381,536 ordinary shares.

Now the interesting part:

Quote:
Tata’s investment plans and products:

Tata Motors will roll out a 2.2L Safari SUV and a refurbished Sumo this quarter(Q2).

Tata Motors has drawn up a capital spending programme of Rs 12,000 crore over the next three years. To part-finance the expansion, it has already raised $490 million through foreign currency convertible bonds (FCCBs).

The new models to be launched by the company will be inclusive of; the one lakh car, the new generation Indica and Indigo, cross-over models that the company had launched at the Geneva Auto show, new pick-up trucks to be developed in Thailand and a new range of trucks. Tata has decided to invest USD 38 million to launch its first production base in Thailand(world’s largest light pick-up market).

Tata Motors is also planning to erect an assembly plant for its vehicles in South Africa. Currently Tata Motors is bidding to buy luxury British car brands Jaguar and Land Rover from US car maker Ford.

Last edited by dadu : 7th August 2007 at 12:49.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks