Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2007, 09:41   #766
Senior - BHPian

Well nobody said its an easy decision, but wait till the Q2 ending (July-september) and book 3.0, if 2.2L is not released.

If you cannot wait, book the 3.0 now, its a tried and tested machine.

Some people desiring 2.2L have been waiting for more than 6 months now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraiser View Post
But what if i do wait for a month then go for the 3ltr dicor and then after 10-15 days day launch the 2.2ltr dicor ?
Decisions Decisions ,this is soooooo confusing.

Last edited by dadu : 10th August 2007 at 09:42.
Old 10th August 2007, 09:58   #767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraiser View Post
But what if i do wait for a month then go for the 3ltr dicor and then after 10-15 days day launch the 2.2ltr dicor ?
Decisions Decisions ,this is soooooo confusing.
Honestly this is one hell of a predicament but the way to look at it is like this –

Say you like a girl and know that she is just right for you. When you propose to her she says that she is not ready and needs more time. In this case do you dump her and propose to her sister who in this case is getting old, and is heavy and sluggish?? In my opinion No.
If you are in a hurry to settle down you are better off forgetting both the sisters and trying your luck with the next lucky girl who’s really to your liking.

No offence 3.0 guys, but 2.2 is the future. There is no point putting money in a model that you know is nearing end of life.

Last edited by xbox360 : 10th August 2007 at 10:00.
Old 10th August 2007, 10:13   #768
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbox360 View Post
Honestly this is one hell of a predicament but the way to look at it is like this –

Say you like a girl and know that she is just right for you. When you propose to her she says that she is not ready and needs more time. In this case do you dump her and propose to her sister who in this case is getting old, and is heavy and sluggish?? In my opinion No.
If you are in a hurry to settle down you are better off forgetting both the sisters and trying your luck with the next lucky girl who’s really to your liking.

No offence 3.0 guys, but 2.2 is the future. There is no point putting money in a model that you know is nearing end of life.
Completely agree with you there
It is just a matter of a month or two so why not wait?
Old 10th August 2007, 11:20   #769
KVS
BHPian

I was talking to the dealers in pune about 2.2L. As per then it is round the corner. One of them even said it is already launched in Delhi. I am not sure how far it is true. Can any one from Delhi check with the dealers there and confirm?
Old 10th August 2007, 12:01   #770
BHPian

Already Launched in delhi . can some 1 back this up.
Old 10th August 2007, 12:48   #771
BHPian

If it has been launched in Delhi then will also come to Gurgaon. I spoke to a dealer in Gurgaon only yesterday. NO NEWS. However will check one in Delhi also.
Old 10th August 2007, 14:30   #772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbox360 View Post

that was one hell of an analogy xbox.(pity i didnt get much of it...lol)
by the way her sister isnt old,heavy and sluggish.if you dont believe me,next time you're in delhi, you can sit on the side,buckle up and hold on to your b@11s
Old 10th August 2007, 15:16   #773

I dont know if it indicates the launch date of the 2.2 in any way but the page showing prices of the Safari Dicor at the official site now says "Prices are under revision. Contact the Dealer for exact pricing". I dont recollect seeing the reference to revision of pricing some time back.
Old 10th August 2007, 15:23   #774
BHPian

Ok Guys since the temperatures are rising as the Launch" is approaching why don't we distract ourselves by a "Wishlist"!

Here is what I would like to see in the New Safari:

1. An engine that goes past 3000RPM.
2. No ghastly Over head A/C plastic bar, but rather a built into the roof like the Innova Vents.
3. Climate control.
4. Ipod Compatible Music System.
5. Better quality of fit and finish.
6. Option between Grey and Beige Interiors.
7. Automatic option.
8. Better implementation of the Reverse Cam.
Old 10th August 2007, 15:27   #775
Senior - BHPian

I had been to a TATA FIAT showroom....they said nothing is coming before diwali.
Old 10th August 2007, 15:27   #776
Distinguished - BHPian

Automatic option????

Why??????????????????????????????????????????????? ??

Rest - I agree (I don't care about the camera...but may be useful to folks).
Old 10th August 2007, 15:32   #777
Senior - BHPian

I agree with Anand...no Automatic for a SUV pls. what the fun drivin an automatic SUV in the mud!
Old 10th August 2007, 15:39   #778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbanman View Post
Ok Guys since the temperatures are rising as the Launch" is approaching why don't we distract ourselves by a "Wishlist"!

1. An engine that goes past 3000RPM.
This wish has been granted, the 2.2 goes upto 4000RPM and top speeds of 160KM/h.

For rest w'll have to wait and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajiv Menon View Post
I dont know if it indicates the launch date of the 2.2 in any way but the page showing prices of the Safari Dicor at the official site now says "Prices are under revision. Contact the Dealer for exact pricing". I dont recollect seeing the reference to revision of pricing some time back.
I just checked, the prices are still coming, which site did you check. (TATA Motors - Safari DICOR)
Old 10th August 2007, 15:43   #779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbanman View Post

1. An engine that goes past 3000RPM. - DONE
2. No ghastly Over head A/C plastic bar, but rather a built into the roof like the Innova Vents.
3. Climate control.
4. Ipod Compatible Music System.
5. Better quality of fit and finish.
6. Option between Grey and Beige Interiors.
7. Automatic option.
8. Better implementation of the Reverse Cam.
9. Electrically retractable ORVM's
Old 10th August 2007, 15:45   #780

Same site. Just go the price section. You will find a note below the option to select the city . They are still giving the prices only the cavet is now also given
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks