Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2007, 15:45   #781
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
I just checked, the prices are still coming, which site did you check. (TATA Motors - Safari DICOR)
He's checked the correct one - TATA Motors - Safari DICOR , that's the site. It does state that prices are under revision.
Old 10th August 2007, 15:47   #782
BHPian

Quote:
I just checked, the prices are still coming, which site did you check. (TATA Motors - Safari DICOR)
Prices are updated on the website!! 2 days ago 4x2 LX DICOR was priced INR 725,623 in Gurgaon, but today it shows INR 726,121.

Does that mean, 2.2L DICOR is costlier by INR 498 only? Or they have raised prices of 3.0L DICOR LX?
Old 10th August 2007, 15:49   #783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
He's checked the correct one - TATA Motors - Safari DICOR , that's the site. It does state that prices are under revision.

And yes, Safari 4x4 LX DICOR BS 3 is not in the dropdown list anymore!!
Old 10th August 2007, 15:51   #784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajiv Menon View Post
I dont know if it indicates the launch date of the 2.2 in any way but the page showing prices of the Safari Dicor at the official site now says "Prices are under revision. Contact the Dealer for exact pricing". I dont recollect seeing the reference to revision of pricing some time back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Sorry, I missed the footnote

It was not there few days back for sure, a ray of light has started showing now
Old 10th August 2007, 15:54   #785
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, I missed the footnote

It was not there few days back for sure, a ray of light has started showing now
And I guess this also backs up Tanveer's info about them having stopped plonking the 3.0L on the Safari.
Old 10th August 2007, 16:10   #786
BHPian

curiosity is increasing...

This has become like waiting in Maternity Hospital asking the Nurse "Delivery Over"....... & nurse says " we cant say anything now, it will take sometime, please wait"

We are calling each & every showroom & asking when it will be released & Dealers say " we can't say, it can be anytime".

But one thing i know is "interzar ka phal meeta hotha hai".

Whenever i see a Safari on road.....i feel like for not buying one till date....i feel like going directly & book one....but controlling a lot for the 2.2 baby...

My craze for safari has become so much that...if i see a safari in my rear view mirror, i allow it to overtake me & i follow it admiring the beauty on the road....

So lets wait for 2.2........it can be fruitful...
Old 10th August 2007, 16:11   #787
Team-BHP Support

Suman, how is that revision an indication that the 3.0L is not being used in the Safari anymore? I mean I did not get it. So, they are revising or have just revised the Safari prices. That means the prices are for 2.2L engine? I am not very sure...

And, are we saying that a brand new engine with more power and better PTW ratio with evenly spread-out torque costs just some 400 odd rupess more? Isn't that a tad too wishful?
Old 10th August 2007, 16:15   #788
Senior - BHPian

@depakk - LOL - I always let a safari pass me, BUT not to admire the beauty, but to avoid the beast !! hehe
Old 10th August 2007, 16:23   #789
BHPian

Hey Vkochar.........

people in love with the beast will admire the beast.......& if u ask any safari owners here.....they admire their own safari & also others also....

I dont want to avoid the beast,its my beauty....
Old 10th August 2007, 16:27   #790
BHPian

There was a surprise waited for me in the TataSafari website....

When i entered the news section i saw this :

[COLOR=#800080]'Tata Safari Dicor' launched in city[/COLOR]
Newindpress, India - 17 minutes ago
VISAKHAPATNAM: 'Tata Safari Dicor', a new vehicle from Tata Motors was launched here on Wednesday. Speaking on the occasion, SRMT ...

When i opened the link i felt like

It was a 2 year old link which is still not updated.......i dont know what Tata is doing
Old 10th August 2007, 16:33   #791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Suman, how is that revision an indication that the 3.0L is not being used in the Safari anymore? I mean I did not get it. So, they are revising or have just revised the Safari prices. That means the prices are for 2.2L engine? I am not very sure...

And, are we saying that a brand new engine with more power and better PTW ratio with evenly spread-out torque costs just some 400 odd rupess more? Isn't that a tad too wishful?
I feel its just a marketing Gimmick to surprise the market with the prices. I am sure 2.2 might be expensive than the current 3.0 as they have to recover the R&D investments (as always) initially and then slowly ease it off as volumes begin to pick.. Then there is 2.2 eagle scorpio coming up heads-on. . So it will be really interesting affair to watch. Both scorp and safari would be expensive than the current lot.

Another thing which I observed was for specifically Pune Price quoted on Web is that Base LX is 712,419 vs Dealer price of BU Bhandari ar 704,xxx/-. (is the website putting wrong figures)

Gut feeling says.. It will come once the festival season kicks off next month aka sep mid (pune, ganpati time) . Why coz the interest rates are really sky high nowdays and it will kill the volume sales. Festive season will be banks offering special interest rates, maybe which Tata wants to take advantage of....
But its worth waiting for it "Would be owners"

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 10th August 2007 at 16:43.
Old 10th August 2007, 16:37   #792
BHPian

Gentleman,please dont take tata's website too seriously.
As per that they are still selling arizona blue........
Old 10th August 2007, 16:50   #793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
They are saying that one should check with the dealers for the "exact" pricing. To me, that looks like its a question of offloading the available stock. If prices for 3.0 were under revision, wouldn't it be the Company who would tell you the prices rather than the dealer?

Didn't get that bit about the 400 odd rupees?

Last edited by suman : 10th August 2007 at 16:52.
Old 10th August 2007, 17:33   #794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by codemarauder View Post
And yes, Safari 4x4 LX DICOR BS 3 is not in the dropdown list anymore!!
Dude the LX 4x4 was discountuned long time back.

Quote:
recover the R&D investments
What R&D, Customers are the R&D of the Tata Motors

Last edited by BUSA : 10th August 2007 at 17:35.
Old 10th August 2007, 17:44   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Dude the LX 4x4 was discountuned long time back.
Really? Thanks for enlightening me.

Tata Motors should learn from Maruti how to keep their websites updated.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks