Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2007, 10:43   #901
Senior - BHPian

The launch date is usually decided months ahead but its not known to everyone inside also.

I would be surprised if they are not able to adhere to the 2.2 launch date quoted in their Q2 investors meet i.e. in Q3.

Its a question of the TATA motor managements credibility in their statements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 Bond View Post
Some more details... production revised to some 2400 out of which nearly 400 3 ltr & remaining 2000 2.2. Still not yet decided when to launch .... but 3.0 ltr getting discontinued on safari is sure.

Last edited by dadu : 29th August 2007 at 10:51.
Old 29th August 2007, 10:47   #902
Senior - BHPian

There will be apprx 300 safari dealers out of which if 50% sell safari it will be 150 safari's for TD.

And , the mechanic training is not done on in the ratio of 1:1 they have separate used engines from TD vehicles + the engine models for the training. Training is done in batches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
quite a few of these 2000 2.2's will be for TD's, displays, mechanic trainings etc i hope. unless they decide to give 2.2 TD's on 3l and train mechanics on customer's cars.......
Old 29th August 2007, 17:52   #903
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
There will be apprx 300 safari dealers out of which if 50% sell safari it will be 150 safari's for TD.

And , the mechanic training is not done on in the ratio of 1:1 they have separate used engines from TD vehicles + the engine models for the training. Training is done in batches.
Yep, i thought so...Tata's cant even plan correctly.

If they give only 1 car for TD, which trim will it be? LX/EX/VX??
what if a TD safari breaks down and a customer walks in? No TD, customer returns disappointed and buys scorpio.
I am sure they planned to use TD vehicle as display vehicle as well. So if a safari is out being TD'ed, other customers wait for it to come back.

BTW, you might be correct on training as well. They train mechanics once in a batch and then ask them to use customer vehicles for experiments. I would have hoped that they would have provided non-TD vehicles to each workshop for learning and regular trainings.

Anyway, its not your or my battle to make Tata's improve. Lets return to main topic - waiting for 2.2l.......
Old 29th August 2007, 18:25   #904
BHPian

Talking about TD vehicles. When I went for a TD, 3 months back in Gurgaon, they did not have an official TD Safari. Unlike GM, Maruti, Honda's etc. The guy just looked around and selected a Safari EX and used it for TD. It could have been some poor guys new vehicle waiting for delivery. Yes they do need a Safari for display, but TD .............?????
Old 29th August 2007, 18:44   #905
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
what if a TD safari breaks down and a customer walks in? No TD, customer returns disappointed and buys scorpio.
They repair it to working condition, if not customer either waits or looks at other options.

Quote:
I am sure they planned to use TD vehicle as display vehicle as well. So if a safari is out being TD'ed, other customers wait for it to come back.
Nope, display vehicles are regular ones which get eventually sold and replaced by new stocks, they are not TDriven.

Quote:
Anyway, its not your or my battle to make Tata's improve. Lets return to main topic - waiting for 2.2l.......
Yeah! they have better planners than us, but the customer will not wait forever, some bought 3.0L, some moved over to other options, others (few) are waiting, but not for long
Old 29th August 2007, 20:23   #906
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
They repair it to working condition, if not customer either waits or looks at other options.

Nope, display vehicles are regular ones which get eventually sold and replaced by new stocks, they are not TDriven.

Yeah! they have better planners than us, but the customer will not wait forever, some bought 3.0L, some moved over to other options, others (few) are waiting, but not for long
I now know the reason why scorpio manages to sell in large volumes....

Anyways, another day has passed and still no sign of 2.2L.
Old 30th August 2007, 12:36   #907
Senior - BHPian

People were waiting(most have moved on with other choices/3.0L) since last quarter in 2006 and you are talking about 1 more day , the rest will move on too with time.

Their total July 07 sales compared to July 06 has dropped 6.6 % and for Safari the sales drop is around 10%.

By the time its launched they will cater only to the new buyers at that time. No backlog of buyers will be left at this pace .

It will be stupid of TATA to loose customers like this, not that they dont know.

Quote:
Anyways, another day has passed and still no sign of 2.2L.

Last edited by dadu : 30th August 2007 at 12:40.
Old 30th August 2007, 13:02   #908
tez
BHPian

maybe they are trying to clear off the 3.0 l versions before 2.2 is launched.
Old 30th August 2007, 13:14   #909
BHPian

Double check with the dealers in your cities as well --- I got a call a few mins back from a TATA dealer in HYD to inform me that the launch date for the 2.2 Safari has been finalized as 15th Sept 2007 (diddn't want to skip the year, you never know with TATA ).
Old 30th August 2007, 13:32   #910
BHPian

I agree with you Dadu. I am lucky that I am in no trearing hurry to buy a vehicle, hence I have been able to hang on. But my wify has been pestering me to hand over my esteem to her. She cant understand why I am delaying my purchase. Permission no probs (the Home Minister gave me the OK 6 months back), finance no probs. She cannot undestand the 2.2 ltr hype. Infact a friend in my building bought a Safari EX 2 weeks back. I did not have the heart to tell him about the 2.2 after he bought the 3 ltr. But my wify bought me down to earth, telling me atleast he has a Safari and I dont. May be I am waiting for something that will not happen!!!??

Guess I can me even more stubborn than the Tata guys.
Old 30th August 2007, 14:10   #911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbox360 View Post
Double check with the dealers in your cities as well --- I got a call a few mins back from a TATA dealer in HYD to inform me that the launch date for the 2.2 Safari has been finalized as 15th Sept 2007 (diddn't want to skip the year, you never know with TATA ).
Hey Xbox;

That was one good news you have bought to the forum.

The dealers in Bangalore are still stubborn, they are not giving out any info on the same.

Did you double check with other dealers also? Kindly re-check with other dealers & confirm back...

I am feeling bit happy listening to the launch dates
Old 30th August 2007, 14:27   #912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbox360 View Post

hi, which dealer was it? more details pls.
Old 30th August 2007, 14:27   #913
Senior - BHPian

Launch date is on 15th for sure, before it was August, now its september and soon it will be October and then November, what is Tata uptp?
Old 30th August 2007, 14:33   #914
BHPian

hey it reminds me of the wolf story. Everytime some says that the launch is round the corner everyone gets excited. This is happening for tooooo long. When it is actually launched there will be no or little excitement. Can someone check this one out. The dealer in Gurgaon is "What? Who told you?" This the 3rd time I called them. They have told me - Dont worry sir, we will call you. Yaaawwaan

Hey guys not another one.

Please cross check before you put a date. No news/confirmation from the gurgaon dealer.

Last edited by Zappo : 30th August 2007 at 16:07. Reason: Post your message in one go. Do not break up your posts unnecessarily.
Old 30th August 2007, 15:16   #915
BHPian

This hype is not happening from toooo long time, its happening from very looongggg time.

My first query on Tata 2.2l safari, i put it on overdrive forum in June 2006 & now its Sept 07, so its more than 1.3 years. Think this is the most hyped car in the Tata ( except 1lac car - which is no more 1lac )

Lets wait, & see the result.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks