Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2007, 15:45   #916
Senior - BHPian

It has to happen to make believe. So till then no date is the launch date, unless you see print/TV media ads for the launch.

It will be too bad if this hype turns out to be a fake one, with the 2.2L not performing upto mark, launched with lots of niggles as usual ,"khoda pahad nikli chuhiya". Shame on you TATA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post
This hype is not happening from toooo long time, its happening from very looongggg time.

My first query on Tata 2.2l safari, i put it on overdrive forum in June 2006 & now its Sept 07, so its more than 1.3 years. Think this is the most hyped car in the Tata ( except 1lac car - which is no more 1lac )

Lets wait, & see the result.

Last edited by dadu : 30th August 2007 at 15:46.
Old 30th August 2007, 16:06   #917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
hi, which dealer was it? more details pls.
Sorry was in a meeting and could not respond. Malik motors was the dealer.
Old 30th August 2007, 16:10   #918
BHPian

Quote:
This hype is not happening from toooo long time, its happening from very looongggg time.

My first query on Tata 2.2l safari, i put it on overdrive forum in June 2006 & now its Sept 07, so its more than 1.3 years. Think this is the most hyped car in the Tata ( except 1lac car - which is no more 1lac )

Lets wait, & see the result.
I know days feel like years when you are waiting for your dream vehicle to arrive. But beleive me this will happen in near future, but the million dollar question is when exactly? Last week even Hormard Sorabjee in his show (dont remember the name though) mentioned it in his show.

I also read in this thread somebody saying that Tata Motors has mentioned about this in their company reports, so I am sure it will happen this year. Another thing I feel is that once once new Safari is out, Mahindra too will scramble to get their new Scorpio out or vice-a-versa.
Old 30th August 2007, 17:41   #919
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Last week even Hormard Sorabjee in his show (dont remember the name though) mentioned it in his show.
CNBC Auto Show..........
Old 30th August 2007, 18:08   #920
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
"khoda pahad nikli chuhiya". Shame on you TATA.
That makes the pessimist in me wonder...does a 2.2l really exist?? Or is just a rumor mill doing free publicity for safari?

And about 2.2l launch being in annual reports, whats the penalty for declaring that you will launch a car in your annual report and then not launching it?

Anyways, lets see "what else mahindra will do" when tatas "try to reclaim their life".
Old 30th August 2007, 18:21   #921
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
That makes the pessimist in me wonder...does a 2.2l really exist?? Or is just a rumor mill doing free publicity for safari?

I think you asked the same question in the other thread on the 2.2 Safari and got your answer. Why ask it again?
Old 30th August 2007, 18:32   #922
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
I think you asked the same question in the other thread on the 2.2 Safari and got your answer. Why ask it again?
Really? what was the answer?

Anyways, just keeping up the interest. new target date is sept 15th.....
Old 30th August 2007, 18:35   #923
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
Really? what was the answer?

Anyways, just keeping up the interest. new target date is sept 15th.....
Why dont you visit that thread and find out for yourself, Lets not go more OT here.
Old 30th August 2007, 20:30   #924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Launch date is on 15th for sure, before it was August, now its september and soon it will be October and then November, what is Tata uptp?
"Gut feeling says.. It will come once the festival season kicks off next month aka sep mid (pune, ganpati time starts on Sep 15th). ( Might as well + - few days)

Why coz the interest rates are really sky high nowdays and it will kill the volume sales. Festive season will be banks offering special interest rates, maybe which Tata wants to take advantage of volume wise"

But its worth waiting for it "Would be owners"

Sheer coincidence that I posted the same at
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post528524

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 30th August 2007 at 20:31.
Old 11th September 2007, 16:30   #925
Team-BHP Support

Thread opened since a member has new info on the release date.
Old 11th September 2007, 17:10   #926
BHPian

Today afternoon i received a call from one of the Tata Dealer in Bangalore. I had enquired him about the safari couple of months back & he was doing a follow up on the same.

He asked me what is my decision on buying the Safari? I told him directly that until 2.2 is launched i will not take any decision.

Now, he comes out with the truth & said the new Safari 2.2 will be launched on Thursday, 27th September 07. He said it is confirmed news.

(Just want to clear one thing - I dint call the dealer, he himself called & gave the information. So the news can be True...)

But still 120 vehicles ( 3.0 ) is in Bangalore Dealers Stock Yard.

Regards
Deepak
Old 11th September 2007, 17:19   #927
Senior - BHPian

I concur with Country Road
Safari New 2.2 Lauch is expected approx on 25th+- Sep from very reliable source in Pune
Old 11th September 2007, 17:20   #928
Senior - BHPian

Thats double advantage, one its good for ppl waiting for the 2.2L (I know deepak is waiting since last Q, 2006) they can go ahead and buy, and second for people wanting to buy 3.0L, due to various reasons (reliability, budget etc), they get better discounts.

Quote:
Now, he comes out with the truth & said the new Safari 2.2 will be launched on Thursday, 27th September 07. He said it is confirmed news.

(Just want to clear one thing - I dint call the dealer, he himself called & gave the information. So the news can be True...)

But still 120 vehicles ( 3.0 ) is in Bangalore Dealers Stock Yard.

Regards
Deepak

Last edited by dadu : 11th September 2007 at 17:21.
Old 11th September 2007, 17:34   #929
Senior - BHPian

I do not think TAT will stop production of 3L Safaris. They will continue to produce 3L ones in the Basic trim and have 2.2L ones in the luxury trims.
Old 11th September 2007, 19:12   #930
Senior - BHPian

Can the thread title be changed from "Mid August launch" to "End September launch", thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Thread opened since a member has new info on the release date.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks