Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2007, 15:52   #1066
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post
All Bangalore Tata safari sales guys are in the 2.2l Safari Training, which has started from today afternoon. The training is taking place in Tata Regional Office, UB City, Bangalore.
And right now they are having a break.
Company guys are having tea while dealer guys have opted for coffee

Let's take a break too and will have more action when we come back
Old 19th September 2007, 15:53   #1067
BHPian

Quote:
All Bangalore Tata safari sales guys are in the 2.2l Safari Training, which has started from today afternoon. The training is taking place in Tata Regional Office, UB City, Bangalore.
Deepak,
If you are nearby may be you will get a chance to see the new safari near UB city. I believe TATA motors has a separate parking area on 2nd or 3rd floor.

Anybody else around UB city ready to take this chance.
Old 19th September 2007, 15:58   #1068
Senior - BHPian

And no harm in last minute spyshots from as many angles as you can get (even if its you camera phone), exteriors and interiors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaktpatil View Post
Deepak,
If you are nearby may be you will get a chance to see the new safari near UB city. I believe TATA motors has a separate parking area on 2nd or 3rd floor.

Old 19th September 2007, 16:24   #1069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaktpatil View Post
Deepak,

I am in my office, & news are flowing to my desk so no photos, am sorry But vehicles are there in UB City.

And the latest speculated / Unofficial Bangalore Launch date is 29th September. 29th is a Saturday, i doubt Tata will release on Saturday, so the next best date will be 27th Sept.

And the sales manager has promised me the invitation once he receives it. Also the sales manager has told me that he will try to give me the specifications by today evening.

Update will follow when the news flows.

Regards
Deepak
Old 19th September 2007, 16:28   #1070
Senior - BHPian

Never hav I seen so much of excitemment over a Vehicle - I am also following this thread so closely - I can't beleive myself - I really gotta concentrate on my work !!

Keep up the good work
Old 19th September 2007, 16:42   #1071
BHPian

Quote:
I am in my office, & news are flowing to my desk so no photos, am sorry But vehicles are there in UB City.

And the latest speculated / Unofficial Bangalore Launch date is 29th September. 29th is a Saturday, i doubt Tata will release on Saturday, so the next best date will be 27th Sept.

And the sales manager has promised me the invitation once he receives it. Also the sales manager has told me that he will try to give me the specifications by today evening.

Regards
Deepak
Dude, here is a little nudge for you, lets see if you get motivated. All the contacts you have are useless until you use them to get a photo and post it here on this site before somebody else does it. What say!!
Old 19th September 2007, 16:44   #1072
Senior - BHPian

TATA will definitely be using a powerpoint presentation for the sales training with all the features, advantage over competitors etc etc, so if you/someone can get hold of a copy through some sources, nothing like it.

Quote:

Regards
Deepak
Old 19th September 2007, 16:47   #1073
BHPian

Well said Deepak. But u know what. I think I am crazy and dont actually know why the hell i m so much interested in this vehicle when i already have a safari :(

I know i wanna change it but not sure how soon.

We also know that Tata cars in general, though they upgrade a lot of things you barely see any improvements. I mean take for e.g. Indigo. I dont see any difference from the TDI to CRDi engine. Same with indicas in petrol version. Moreover initially for 6-7 months, their new launches are a crap

Tatas do not have good JD Power rankings as well. Then why such craziness.

Well whatever may be the case, I am just dying to see and test drive this thing
Old 19th September 2007, 17:42   #1074
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
Actually this is what we have been waiting for : Video i guess is taken on 8th Sep 07

YouTube - Tata Safari
but didnt anyone take a look at this YouTube link alongside the one Raj had posted?

Awesome stuff!

Old 19th September 2007, 17:45   #1075
BHPian

I have been hearig tons on the the Hydrabad and BLR, scene, any one keeping tabs on the developments in Mumbai? Will the launch dates in Mumbai be the same as the rest?
Old 19th September 2007, 17:48   #1076
Senior - BHPian

This thread is hot hot hot since last 3-4 weeks

cant stop myself from following it though i have already a dicor

and never ever seen such excitement for a vehicle aka the one & only loved Safari
Old 19th September 2007, 18:07   #1077
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys,

Just went out (of this thread) and peeped into the Scorpio 2.2 thread to see what's going on there....nothing...pin-drop silense since 16th September!

Interestingly (and inviting a lot of rage from safari-lovers here), as of today, the scorpio is good 2 to 3 seconds faster when it comes to 0-100kmph dash and still not much excitement on the new 2.2 ltr scorpio.

TBHP is a wierd place :-)

Last edited by anandpadhye : 19th September 2007 at 18:11.
Old 19th September 2007, 18:10   #1078
BHPian

Sooo much hype created for this vehicle , Ah! Lets see if it lives up to its expectations...knowing TATAs

...well lets be optimistic!
Old 19th September 2007, 18:15   #1079
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Interestingly (and inviting a lot of rage from safari-lovers here), as of today, the scorpio is good 2 to 3 seconds faster when it comes to 0-100kmph dash and still not much excitement on the new 2.2 ltr scorpio.

TBHP is a wierd place :-)
Thats because the guys who do the 0-100 dash on TBHP dont use SUVs for that purpose. There are madmen around to plonk turbos and do engineswaps on more interesting vehicles for the quartermile.
Old 19th September 2007, 18:15   #1080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopz View Post
Sooo much hype created for this vehicle , Ah! Lets see if it lives up to its expectations...knowing TATAs

...well lets be optimistic!
well said Gopz. Thats what i said in my previous post. We know tata rarely lives upto the expectations but we still expect so much with every launch of theirs. we actually have a soft heart for TATAs. Afterall we are Indians and must love an Indian first and then others. Gandhiji will be shocked to know that we buy only Swedeshi but a Offroader Swedeshi. Ha Ha Ha. The all full of Hinsa Swedeshi

Last edited by rajismine : 19th September 2007 at 18:16.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks