Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2007, 12:56   #1141
Senior - BHPian

Just spoke to Fortune Cars, Tata-Fiat showroom, they have no idea about the specs, they only told me 25th is the launch.

Joke of the day, the dealer told me the discount on VX is 12000, on EX 10000 and LX 7000

Last edited by BUSA : 20th September 2007 at 12:58.
Old 20th September 2007, 13:15   #1142
BHPian

Putting my Money where my mouth is!!!

Ok Guys,

This is it. Paying the deposit for the 2.2 today. Yes, without knowing the final Prices and doing a TD. But hey sitting on this thread for the last 3 months makes up for it.

Will keep you all posted!!!

turby
Old 20th September 2007, 13:15   #1143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbox360 View Post
Have you booked a TD for the 2.2? if not we would appreciate if you could do one as you being a 3.0 owner will be able to crisply tell the difference between the two vehicles.
I was told by Concorde guys that they will be getting the TD vehicles on the 20th i.e. today.
All those I know in concorde are senior people and they are all either in bangalore for the meet or not picking up the phone
Old 20th September 2007, 13:17   #1144
Senior - BHPian

Any details on the changes in doors to get rid of rattles?
Old 20th September 2007, 13:20   #1145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Any details on the changes in doors to get rid of rattles?
Yes, on both 2.2 and 3L. 3L will not rattle anymore

They might also do some retrofits for selected previous customers.

2.2 has 0.2 rattles
Old 20th September 2007, 13:26   #1146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
Here it is:

1.) 2.2 L with 140 BHP coming at 4000 rpm
2.) Turbocharger with VGT
3.) LX does not have 2.2 Limited only to EX and VX
4.) Beige interiors in EX with Dark Beige dashboard and light beige roof
5.) VX will come with wooden trim
6.) EX 30,000 more than 3 L with appx. 9.6 to 9.7 Lac on road in Hyderabad
7.) New grill with minor changes similar to upcoming 3L sumo
8.) 3L with be better with no rattles now with new fixes in the door
9.) 3L top speed 143kmph and 2.2L with 160kmph electronically limited
10.) Spare wheel remains the same
11.) roof top A/C remains the same
12.) Altogether newly developed engine not taken from any previous version or engine
13.) 3L has push rod engine but 2.2 has 16V DOHC
14.) Fog amps the same, bumper slightly changed to match front grill
15.) New generation engine and International class with no vibration. WORLD: TATAs are coming
Mr rajismine - Thanks a lot for your effort. If possible do you also have information about
a) Any new colors other then the ones that are available in 3.0
b) Any changes from feature point of view across Lx/Ex/Vx
Old 20th September 2007, 13:36   #1147
BHPian

Here are the details given by TATA in Italy:

[FONT=Arial]A motor that does not know obstacles: 140 CV of power and one 320 brace of Nm from 1.700 to 2.700 turns to the minute, are the performances of new the 2,2 liters turbodiesel common rail to direct injection of last generation. 16 valves with automatic regulation of the game, double quantity camshaft DOHC and injectors center them, all in full respect of the Euro4 norm. Safari 2,2, shining and reliable thanks to the constant brace to the low regimes that allow to proceed with facility and emergency is on road that in cross-country vehicle. But the new propeller is also careful to reduce the polluting consumptions and emissions. Reducer to electronic commando in order to pass from the posterior traction to the traction 4x4 (possible also with the front vehicle until to 60 km/h in motion), free wheels, differentiates them self-locking to the posterior one and many other detailed lists for the best performances are in the street use that fuoristradistico. Of series they are the equipments of emergency that they include, between the others, ABS + EBD and double quantity airbag therefore as already they are included climatizzatore, cetralized closing with remote control, alzacristalli front and posterior and adjustable and electrically heatable external mirrors retrovisori[/FONT]
Old 20th September 2007, 13:46   #1148
BHPian

Source please?

Quote:
Here are the details given by TATA in Italy:

[FONT=Arial]A motor that does not know obstacles: 140 CV of power and one 320 brace of Nm from 1.700 to 2.700 turns to the minute, are the performances of new the 2,2 liters turbodiesel common rail to direct injection of last generation. 16 valves with automatic regulation of the game, double quantity camshaft DOHC and injectors center them, all in full respect of the Euro4 norm. Safari 2,2, shining and reliable thanks to the constant brace to the low regimes that allow to proceed with facility and emergency is on road that in cross-country vehicle. But the new propeller is also careful to reduce the polluting consumptions and emissions. Reducer to electronic commando in order to pass from the posterior traction to the traction 4x4 (possible also with the front vehicle until to 60 km/h in motion), free wheels, differentiates them self-locking to the posterior one and many other detailed lists for the best performances are in the street use that fuoristradistico. Of series they are the equipments of emergency that they include, between the others, ABS + EBD and double quantity airbag therefore as already they are included climatizzatore, cetralized closing with remote control, alzacristalli front and posterior and adjustable and electrically heatable external mirrors retrovisori[/FONT]
Would you mind providing source of this information please? Going through this, it seemed to me I am reading a Google-translated page. Not sure if others would agree.
Old 20th September 2007, 13:50   #1149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here it is:

1.) 2.2 L with 140 BHP coming at 4000 rpm
2.) Turbocharger with VGT
3.) LX does not have 2.2 Limited only to EX and VX
4.) Beige interiors in EX with Dark Beige dashboard and light beige roof
5.) VX will come with wooden trim
6.) EX 30,000 more than 3 L with appx. 9.6 to 9.7 Lac on road in Hyderabad
7.) New grill with minor changes similar to upcoming 3L sumo
8.) 3L with be better with no rattles now with new fixes in the door
9.) 3L top speed 143kmph and 2.2L with 160kmph electronically limited
10.) Spare wheel remains the same
11.) roof top A/C remains the same
12.) Altogether newly developed engine not taken from any previous version or engine
13.) 3L has push rod engine but 2.2 has 16V DOHC
14.) Fog amps the same, bumper slightly changed to match front grill
15.) New generation engine and International class with no vibration. WORLD: TATAs are coming
OH MY GOD..... I am sure going to turn green with envy every time I see a new 2.2 on road .
Old 20th September 2007, 14:15   #1150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
Would you mind providing source of this information please? Going through this, it seemed to me I am reading a Google-translated page. Not sure if others would agree.
It is a google translated page for TATA motors Italy.
Old 20th September 2007, 14:16   #1151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svaid View Post
Mr rajismine - Thanks a lot for your effort. If possible do you also have information about
a) Any new colors other then the ones that are available in 3.0
b) Any changes from feature point of view across Lx/Ex/Vx

All I know is that spare wheel is same, roof a/c is ame, no climate control, VX with electronic front seats, VX with wooden trims, ex with body colored claddings.
Old 20th September 2007, 14:23   #1152
BHPian

Hey Raj. What about Airbags & ABS? Will the Ex version also have it or is it only limited to the VX. (Hope Ex also gets it. Maybe in the 4X4 version????)
Old 20th September 2007, 14:25   #1153
BHPian

Impact of Safari Launch : Scorpio 2.2 launch is scheduled for Diwali. It was suppose to be on Sept 07 got postponed due to Safari Launch, but now it is Diwali. Mahindra are playing "wait & watch" game.
Old 20th September 2007, 14:28   #1154
BHPian

Quote:
All I know is that spare wheel is same, roof a/c is ame, no climate control, VX with electronic front seats, VX with wooden trims, ex with body colored claddings.
Just guessing based on my limited knowledge of game theory.

Expect few other features to be made available after new Scorpio is launched, this could well take 6-7 months.
Old 20th September 2007, 14:38   #1155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
I posted this and more long time back (early august) along with the sources. See here

I know its a long thread but an interesting one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Road View Post
Hey Raj. What about Airbags & ABS? Will the Ex version also have it or is it only limited to the VX. (Hope Ex also gets it. Maybe in the 4X4 version????)
Then what will be the difference that will remain between the VX and EX ??. You should buy VX if you want all those features, these add to the cost of the vehicle and are not cheap.

Last edited by Zappo : 20th September 2007 at 19:01. Reason: Posts merged
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks