Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2007, 18:14   #1216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
All points confirmed here with my source in Kolkata. plus a few additional ones, some of which really suprise me

1. Ground clearence increases to 205 mm [!!!].
2. Redesigned spare wheel enclosure and cover.
3. Jump seats made wider and more comfortable.
4. Two terrific new body colours.
5. Middle seat getting more cubicles.
6. LX remains untouched and will be discontinued once the New Sumo gets launched with 3 L engine - most probably around or after Diwali.
7. Totally new customer service - buyers get log in and username for online complaint system [???] where by complaints are handled within 24 hours.
Cant understand "5"... what do u mean by more cubicles?
"7" sounds good.
Old 21st September 2007, 18:32   #1217
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Cant understand "5"... what do u mean by more cubicles?
"7" sounds good.
Lol. it can't be that spacious with individual cubicles. I think he means cubby holes.
Old 21st September 2007, 18:41   #1218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I pray So !! Please give us this as well !!!

Well 7th Point looks quite unique. Looks like TATA has done its homework really well.
Old 21st September 2007, 18:44   #1219
Distinguished - BHPian

7'th point indicates that Tatas expect a lot of complaints
Old 21st September 2007, 18:50   #1220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
OR it could be the opposite too...
Old 21st September 2007, 18:55   #1221
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Lol, thats the most pessimistic point of view I have heard today. Long back I once wrote in some thread about a complaint management system in which every dealer is supposed to update your car's history after they have serviced it. All complaints, the way they were addressed are supposedly available to the Tata honchos and technos. I never saw this system but was told about it by a Tata sales guy at the showroom.

I think they are taking it up to the next level now. Almost like self-service system launched by the more proactive banks, cell phone operators etc. You log in and lodge your complaint. It raises a ticket and routes the complain to the best person possible. This person contacts you within 24 hours. If you are not satisfied the issue remains open and gets escalated to the next level after a predefined period, or even you can do it if you so wish. You can probably go upto the Tata Regional Cell through the system.

Hmmm.... neat, very neat indeed. A simple solution which takes the existing system to the next orbit. Sounds like an amazingly customer focussed step. Kudos to Tata.
Old 21st September 2007, 19:03   #1222
BHPian

Well said Zappo!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Lol, thats the most pessimistic point of view I have heard today. Long back I once wrote in some thread about a complaint management system in which every dealer is supposed to update your car's history after they have serviced it. All complaints, the way they were addressed are supposedly available to the Tata honchos and technos. I never saw this system but was told about it by a Tata sales guy at the showroom.

I think they are taking it up to the next level now. Almost like self-service system launched by the more proactive banks, cell phone operators etc. You log in and lodge your complaint. It raises a ticket and routes the complain to the best person possible. This person contacts you within 24 hours. If you are not satisfied the issue remains open and gets escalated to the next level after a predefined period, or even you can do it if you so wish. You can probably go upto the Tata Regional Cell through the system.

Hmmm.... neat, very neat indeed. A simple solution which takes the existing system to the next orbit. Sounds like an amazingly customer focussed step. Kudos to Tata.
Old 21st September 2007, 19:19   #1223
Senior - BHPian

, I can't stop laughing at this, with many service providers you get your own login with links to raise a direct complaint, this is amazing logic

Quote:
Old 21st September 2007, 21:01   #1224
Senior - BHPian

If TATA has really done its homework, then the number of complaints would drop,given that they have improved the quality of their vehicles. If its looking to increase its 'satisfied customer' database..then forthcoming cars would compete with some of the top brands currently existing in India.
Old 21st September 2007, 21:29   #1225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbanman View Post
OR it could be the opposite too...
Really hope so, atleast this should not have any problems

Congratulations for booking the VX, what was the booking amount?
Old 21st September 2007, 22:17   #1226
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Steer I was compairing the price and the resulting quality and engineering.
The prices in Thailand for Fortuner and Innova
Fortuner starts at: 1029000
Innova starts at: 1039000
Hardly any difference which is logical because mechanicals underneath dont change much but the "body on top" does.
If manufactured in India like the Innova, I am sure toyota can sell the fortuner for a little premium over Innova, with the same quality and the 3.0 litre engine but alas they wont, a Toyota SUV with a 3.0 litre Diesel engine will in anycase sell like hot cakes even priced at 15 lakhs or more.
If toyota can provide the level of quality at that price, I am sure TATA can too and they must if they want establish themselves as a global player. I am not even asking for toyota esque plastic quality but reasonable will do.
Umm no. Toyota will never do that.
Innova costs less to make than a qualis, but there was a price hike, not a price cut.
Toyota will sell the vehicle for as much as it will sell.
So if toyota can sell car car for 25 lakh, even if it costs 2 lakh to make it will.
Example is corolla price cuts.
Toyota is still making lots of profit on corolla, its just because earlier it could sell it for 50K more it did.

What I said is true for other companies also, but more true for toyota.
Old 22nd September 2007, 00:22   #1227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Umm no. Toyota will never do that.
Innova costs less to make than a qualis, but there was a price hike, not a price cut.
Toyota will sell the vehicle for as much as it will sell.
So if toyota can sell car car for 25 lakh, even if it costs 2 lakh to make it will.
Example is corolla price cuts.
Toyota is still making lots of profit on corolla, its just because earlier it could sell it for 50K more it did.

What I said is true for other companies also, but more true for toyota.
Exactly.... but my point being the quality provided for the price. Its a different matter toyota wouldn't do it, but they can do it and still make profits and the price also takes into account the R&D spends and loads of other factors which I am sure are much more than what TATA has spent on Safari. Now if they can provide sorta quality they do on Innova, TATA can surely do it without any increase in the sticker price and still making enough profit.... Dunno why but I think they lack the will to do it.
"If it aint broke why fix it" seems to be the mantra here.
Old 22nd September 2007, 08:00   #1228
BHPian

Quote:
All points confirmed here with my source in Kolkata. plus a few additional ones, some of which really suprise me

1. Ground clearence increases to 205 mm [!!!].
3. Jump seats made wider and more comfortable.
4. Two terrific new body colours.
5. Middle seat getting more cubicles.
6. LX remains untouched and will be discontinued once the New Sumo gets launched with 3 L engine - most probably around or after Diwali.
7. Totally new customer service - buyers get log in and username for online complaint system [???] where by complaints are handled within 24 hours.
People, Trust me. If we go by all this info, I must say Tata has done his homework well. It will definately give Ford and may by Honda a run for their money.

Jump seats was one of the troubling areas along with door rattles. With point no. 7, Tata can hit the jackpot. After all, they are commiting themselves to a better support and service.

Hope all these wishes come true. Amen ! ! !

Community, any pics, any reviews, any TD till now ??
Old 22nd September 2007, 10:51   #1229
Senior - BHPian

Excuse me for naive question, but does the length (provided in specification) include the spare wheel also or is it not measured. If not, what will be the actual length with the spare wheel (existing owners ???) .

Quote:
TATA is smarter here, they might have spent a lot of money on this new engine development but also look at where all they plan to use this, new Sumo, New SUV planned and probably many other platforms, so their development costs get shared.

Quote:
Exactly.... but my point being the quality provided for the price. Its a different matter toyota wouldn't do it, but they can do it and still make profits and the price also takes into account the R&D spends and loads of other factors which I am sure are much more than what TATA has spent on Safari. Now if they can provide sorta quality they do on Innova, TATA can surely do it without any increase in the sticker price and still making enough profit.... Dunno why but I think they lack the will to do it.
"If it aint broke why fix it" seems to be the mantra here.

Last edited by dadu : 22nd September 2007 at 10:52.
Old 22nd September 2007, 11:02   #1230
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
TATA is smarter here, they might have spent a lot of money on this new engine development but also look at where all they plan to use this, new Sumo, New SUV planned and probably many other platforms, so their development costs get shared.
That will be standard practice across the world.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks