Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2007, 17:52   #1321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Thread open again and you've deposited 3 posts already. Dadu you're a spammer.
I've been keeping quiet for a while now but I would tend to agree with you Steer - I've seen dadu "grow" from a Newbie rapidly, with about (rough guess) 80% of his posts in the 2.2 Safari & Scorpio threads!

The other thing I can't figure is - why on earth does Deepak alone have to go to the showroom & get pics - surely any able & willing body should be able to walk across & see for themselves?!! Its not as if its being launched outside of the country & Deepak is on the spot ?

On a different note, while taking delivery of the truck on Tuesday after the 20k service, heard the 2.2 was supposed to be launched next week. Maybe it was my imagination, but they didn't seem overly excited about it. Can't imagine why

Last edited by suman : 27th September 2007 at 17:54.
Old 27th September 2007, 18:03   #1322
BHPian

Guys like Dadu I too waited a long time for the 2.2 but gave up when I didnt see them bieng launched, anyways the news is that it is bieng launched, just talked to a Tata guy, it will be launched next week (only bookings), deliveries will start once the "shraad" ends and I guess that will be close to 12th Oct. And yes the pricing is 25-30 K more for the 3.0 VX.
Old 27th September 2007, 18:12   #1323
BHPian

When someone goes out to the dealer to check, do verify whether the EX trim has full body color cladding and alloys as was advertized by the HYD dealer.
Old 27th September 2007, 18:12   #1324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And yes the pricing is 25-30 K more for the 3.0 VX
You meant And yes the pricing is 25-30 K more for the 2.2 VX?
Old 27th September 2007, 18:16   #1325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
You meant And yes the pricing is 25-30 K more for the 2.2 VX?
Yes, tks Busa for correcting me.
Old 27th September 2007, 18:23   #1326

Hello Folks,
First post in the thread but have been following it for last few weeks. Cudnt be anything but the love for SAFARI which keeps me coming here...Got to see something admirable from Mahindra stable, this could be off the topic but cant resist to share it here...Untitled Document
Old 27th September 2007, 19:01   #1327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
As far as I know and have been told. The vehicle will get loaded onto trucks today from TATA Pune and will reach here in Hyderabad after 2-3 days. Probably Saturday or Sunday.

No pricing details or technical specification document available with teh dealers yet
Ok spoke to the Dealer here in Pune today. He is getting his TD vehicles tomorrow (27th) after 4:00pm.
Old 27th September 2007, 19:29   #1328
Senior - BHPian

I guess I need to put some mouths to rest and some doubts clarified.

I dont post irrelevantly and definitely not for the count. I only post if i have an opinion/answer about something and I think i joined a forum here, didnt I ??.

For conversations which dont help others, I use the PM's with other members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Thread open again and you've deposited 3 posts already. Dadu you're a spammer.
Well I joined this forum for the 2.2l engine discussions, I was a guest earlier and silently reading the threads. When the 2.2l thread was locked and I got more information, I joined and PM'ed tsk to reopen it with new info. I posted more actively on these threads than others and kept a tab on them regularly. Like I said I dont post for the count or the status or even to grow here. My status here doesnt bother me or motivate me to post more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
I've been keeping quiet for a while now but I would tend to agree with you Steer - I've seen dadu "grow" from a Newbie rapidly, with about (rough guess) 80% of his posts in the 2.2 Safari & Scorpio threads!
Like ranc said, I have been wanting to get information on the launches since I have interests in them, i am not an instant buyer but a near immediate one and wanted some market feedback about them before I decide, with some other options ready, just in case.

Steeroid even mistook me for a TATA guy for the amount of information I posted in this thread, which I found amusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
Guys like Dadu I too waited a long time for the 2.2 but gave up when I didnt see them bieng launched, anyways the news is that it is bieng launched, just talked to a Tata guy, it will be launched next week (only bookings), deliveries will start once the "shraad" ends and I guess that will be close to 12th Oct. And yes the pricing is 25-30 K more for the 3.0 VX.
Old 27th September 2007, 21:27   #1329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche_fan View Post
That's right too..the most powerful 2.2L CRDI engine in europe today is probably the PSA DW12B, with 173 Ps and 370 N-m of torque..but that uses a twin turbo system...the Tata 2.2L is very contemporary and refined...its just that in Europe you would never have a 2.2 tonne SUV driven by the same engine...

Nope it aint. BMW 123d 4-cyl twin turbo which was announced in June cracks the 200 hp barrier and also 400 Nm with a displacement under 2 liters.
Old 28th September 2007, 10:08   #1330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbox360 View Post
When someone goes out to the dealer to check, do verify whether the EX trim has full body color cladding and alloys as was advertized by the HYD dealer.

Hey XBOX. EX does have full body color including cladding. We need not verify it again I guess. And I am 199% sure about it...
Old 28th September 2007, 10:11   #1331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post

I dont post irrelevantly and definitely not for the count. I only post if i have an opinion/answer about something and I think i joined a forum here, didnt I ??.

For conversations which dont help others, I use the PM's with other members.
I agree with DADU on this. I have been getting PMs from DADU for some time regarding 2.2l. If it was only for the count. He would have posted all of those messages here...
Old 28th September 2007, 12:38   #1332
Senior - BHPian

Safari Launch Date Prolly 8th October

Got off the phone with the dealer from Pune who had gone on training for the same to tata plant.

All the changed are confirmed as already said in the threads before, like beige interiors, radically designed new spare wheel cover.

20-30k more price over current ex and vx 2.2 and current 3ltr to continue ( seems like I can trade in my LX for a real good price for 2.2 EX )

and the TestDrive Vehicles will be available from the plant in next 2-3days only in Pune for this dealer and he said that initial launch day has been postponed from 27th to 8th october.
Old 28th September 2007, 13:22   #1333
BHPian

nice decals

hope we ll get same quality (interior - exterior) as they are exporting now
when i was in hostel in 2001 near baroda(Vasad) .our exams were on so we went to highway hotel for tea at 2 at night
i saw 3 container containing lefthand drive safaris,telcolines,sumos
were standing there..they ment to export from KANDLA port to dubai

i was surprise with that car's quality of head tail lights .seats ,roof ,dashboard ...first tim i saw TC sumo

why they are not selling same quality in india ?

Last edited by neo_trace : 28th September 2007 at 13:32.
Old 28th September 2007, 13:28   #1334
BHPian

NEWS: Demo Cars landed already in Hyderabad.

Dealers will get them by 4 PM today

Test Drives available Monday Onwards.

AND I GET TO DRIVE IT TODAY (96% SURE) )

and if this 96% comes true, its 100% sure that this forum will have the pictures by this evening )
Old 28th September 2007, 13:32   #1335
BHPian

Bangalooru Team-Bhpians pics please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_trace View Post

hope we ll get same quality as they are exporting now
when i was in hostel in 2001 near baroda(Vasad) .our exams were on so we went to highway hotel for tea at 2 at night
i saw 3 container containing lefthand drive safaris,telcolines,sumos
were standing there..they ment to export from KANDLA port to dubai

i was surprise with that car's quality of head tail lights .seats ,roof ,dashboard ...first tim i saw TC sumo

why they are not selling same quality in india ?
Some one please get the pics of the 2.2 Beast as per some posts here they are already been parked at a dealers stockyard in Bangalore! Could any of the Team-BHP bangalore get us a pic.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks