Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2007, 17:54   #1501
Senior - BHPian

I just have one thing to say about the new 2.2 engine....guys wait for the bugs to be ironed out. Unless you are a performance seeker(then again, if you are, u should not be buying a Safari!- buy an RS) at the moment the 3.0 is a better bet. Dealers have stocks of the 3.0- I would suggest to go for those. There WILL be bugs in the 2.2- dont ask me how I know, lets just say a little birdie told me.

But, at the end of the day, its ur money. me- I am buying a 3.0 EX on wednesday (fingers crossed!) as my company car- so I have put my money where my mouth is!!
Old 1st October 2007, 18:08   #1502
BHPian

how nuch discounts you are getting on it
Old 1st October 2007, 18:12   #1503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
I just have one thing to say about the new 2.2 engine....guys wait for the bugs to be ironed out. Unless you are a performance seeker(then again, if you are, u should not be buying a Safari!- buy an RS) at the moment the 3.0 is a better bet. Dealers have stocks of the 3.0- I would suggest to go for those. There WILL be bugs in the 2.2- dont ask me how I know, lets just say a little birdie told me.

But, at the end of the day, its ur money. me- I am buying a 3.0 EX on wednesday (fingers crossed!) as my company car- so I have put my money where my mouth is!!
if i were you, i would go for 2.2 why coz 2 yr manufac warrnty and free service until 60k, but only in Jan 08. Not sure if you would/could wait until then
Old 1st October 2007, 18:19   #1504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Himanshu

140bhp and 320 nm of torque is not something you would want to pass up. If you're worried about initial niggles, wait for a while. Its not like you dont have any other mode of transport available.

Coupled with the higher ground clearance, this would be quite a go anywhere machine. The 3.0 is good enough to climb out of sticky situations with its engine barely over idle (thats the amount of torque it produces) but this one has MORE grunt.

I suggest you wait, but hey - its your money!
Old 1st October 2007, 18:53   #1505
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

My humble suggestion will be - if you want Safari and only Safari, please take the 2.2 (whatever the niggles, you will still have an undisputedly better engine of the 2).

Rahul, what's this free service till 60K starting Jan 2008...it seems you said a lot in a short sentence that I did not understand...or did I miss a post...finding it tough to keep up with the pace of this thread...
Old 1st October 2007, 18:57   #1506
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
if i were you, i would go for 2.2 why coz 2 yr manufac warrnty and free service until 60k, but only in Jan 08. Not sure if you would/could wait until then
Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Rahul, what's this free service till 60K starting Jan 2008...it seems you said a lot in a short sentence that I did not understand...or did I miss a post...finding it tough to keep up with the pace of this thread...
Hmmm... unless I got it wrong, he is seemingly suggesting that starting Jan 2008 Tatas are coming out with a new coverage plan on the 2.2l Safari. The free services will be offered till your car covers 60k on the odo or... or what Rahul? I am sure there has to be a time period as well. Probably 3 years? Whichever is earlier... But then why from Jan08 and not now?
Old 1st October 2007, 19:29   #1507
Senior - BHPian

Wow, the 2.2 is looking yummier and yummier! 2 years/60k std warranty sounds amazing. Shucks, this means I better start saving up bigtime, or some of the investments hit the jackpot.
From Telco's past record, they've retro-fixed all niggles in older vehicles too - design changes included - so I guess one need not be too worried about those.
An yeah, the curiosity and expectations this upgrade has generated probably beats that of even most new launches!
Old 1st October 2007, 20:43   #1508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Hmmm... unless I got it wrong, he is seemingly suggesting that starting Jan 2008 Tatas are coming out with a new coverage plan on the 2.2l Safari. The free services will be offered till your car covers 60k on the odo or... or what Rahul? I am sure there has to be a time period as well. Probably 3 years? Whichever is earlier... But then why from Jan08 and not now?

errr sorry guys.. was posting from my pda

AFAIK Standard Warranty is 2 years with 5 free services. I meant to say wait until Dec 07 to let tata iron out some niggles.

Btw i failed to mention according to the design of the engine is a lot thought about. And the electronics are more sensibly placed. Seems like a more breathier engine. These guys are going GAGA over the fuel efficiency as well

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 1st October 2007 at 20:54. Reason: Deleted unwanted stuff
Old 1st October 2007, 21:30   #1509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
well i have found something @ REAR new suspension

hope its a well find

Last edited by neo_trace : 1st October 2007 at 21:31.
Old 1st October 2007, 22:36   #1510
Team-BHP Support

Whoa.
Is this a modded safari? If not, this beast is going to be a serious offroader!
Old 1st October 2007, 23:22   #1511

New 2.2 VTT Dicor demo car pics

Spotted two brand new 2.2 VTT Dicor Safari demo pieces unloading from the truck at Jaipur today AM, got a chance to take their pic's through my mobile, publishing them here for everyone...

Alind
Old 1st October 2007, 23:28   #1512

New 2.2 VTT Dicor demo car pics more

More pics of Tata 2.2 VTT Dicor Safari

Old 1st October 2007, 23:39   #1513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Whoa.
Is this a modded safari? If not, this beast is going to be a serious offroader!
No Tanvir - thats the new Safari's differential and something around it.
Old 1st October 2007, 23:42   #1514
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
No Tanvir - thats the new Safari's differential and something around it.
this means that we now have a true SuV and not those silly pretenders, finally!
Old 1st October 2007, 23:50   #1515
Senior - BHPian

Is seems like the sway bars have been disconnected to get better wheel articulation. Its a common trick used by extreme off-roaders.

Last edited by Mpower : 2nd October 2007 at 17:40.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed