Team-BHP - New Safari Dicor - 2.2 ltr (Scoop: Brochure on page 104)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New Safari Dicor - 2.2 ltr (Scoop: Brochure on page 104) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/14375-new-safari-dicor-2-2-ltr-scoop-brochure-page-104-a.html)

is on the card's, I had a chanced encounter with the 140+ BHP DICOR Last week .... The Power is Awesome and the engine refinement is a sea change from what we have seen from Tata's till date. Can hardly hear the engine @ Idle .... Vibration Level's way Low than earlier Tata's ....

Changes Expected - New GearBox, New Engine, Climate Control, Few on Interior, Expected Launch Date (unconfirmed) - Dec 06 to 1st Quater 07.

Sorry Guy's No Snaps were allowed ...

PS : You might spot a few on the road .. They are belived to be doing Road Test's around the Country.

Mod's Please move this thread if required ...

Am I allowed to cry on the forum? :uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid
Am I allowed to cry on the forum? :uncontrol

:Shockked: .... But agree: with your thoughts ...

OT : Cant PM you ... Clear your Inbox

have they done any change / mod abt body roll ????????

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggercool
have they done any change / mod abt body roll ????????

for a vehicle with that kind of CG, it will obviously tend to have body Roll .. Be happy it aint like the Rocking Boat "SCORPIO" .......

No Mechanical Changes are being done since the X2 Platform will be Out in 2008 ....

Just spoke to my dealer - existing Safari prices have already been brought down. VX 4X4 is down by 2 lakhs, my EX 4X4 is down by 1.35 lakhs. Base model is down by a lakh.

AND the current model at these new prices has new brakes, new power steering and some modifications to the clutch. The vehicle is allegedly better than the one I paid more for.

I'm selling my Dicor - I've lost faith.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUV
Be happy it aint like the Rocking Boat "SCORPIO" .......

gimme a break.. you don't have to rubbish its competitors to highlight the virtue of Dicor..

The question asked was about improvements to Safaris handling..not Scorpios..So the answer would be yes, no or I dont know...

If you want to compare Safari / Scorpio , start a separate thread..

TATA motors have relaunched the TCIC engine for Safari.

The following are the details taken from their press release made today

"Released on : 19th June, 2006
Tata Motors introduces new range of Safari vehicles

Tata Motors today announced the launch of a new range of its premium SUV brand, the Tata Safari. The range sports two exciting new colors – Pearl White and Cherry Red, in addition to the existing colors, and is available in 3 engine options – 90PS Turbo Charged Inter-cooled (TCIC) Diesel, 115 PS Direct Injection Common Rail (DICOR) Diesel, and 127 PS, Multi-point Fuel Injection (MPFI) Petrol.

The Safari range benefits from the result of an aggressive cost-reduction plan, which has been undertaken by the company as part of its business plans. The entry-level TCIC offering is available at a price point of Rs.6.4 lakhs (ex-Showroom Delhi) in only the 4x2 option. The Safari DICOR range starts at Rs.6.99 lakhs (ex-Showroom Delhi) and is available in three trim levels in both 4x2 and 4x4 executions, and the Safari petrol range starts at Rs.7.99 lakhs (ex Showroom Delhi) in both the 4x2 and 4x4 executions. The top end versions of the Safari have ABS, dual Airbags, reverse guide system and DVD/MP3 system with dual LCD screens as standard fitment, besides a host of luxury, comfort and entertainment features.

The Tata Safari was the first indigenous, thoroughbred 4-door SUV launched in India in 1998, and has been the largest selling premium SUV for the last 2 years. The vehicle had its best ever year in 2005-06 with a sale of 4692 nos., growing by 48% over the previous financial year. The trend has continued in the current fiscal with a 240% growth in April-May 2006 compared to the corresponding period of the last fiscal. The company believes that the new range announced today will enable the volumes and market share of the brand to grow significantly in its segment".

-Source:TATA motors Website

-jraj

a Dicor at 7L - yummy, thats great news !!

so tata has finally decided to take on the scorpio/innova head-on.

wonder, how 90PS TCIC will perform when 115PS dicor itself is found underpowered by many people.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pioneer
Dicor at 7L means more worries for Scorpio than Innova.

Guys,

@ 7L, what you get is the old (pre-CRDI) engine on the Safari, which makes the car under powered. It is the DICOR range that is of any interest but comes at a higher price. So I guess the Scorpio is safe for now.

BTW, the TCIC engine was never discontinued... it was sold as the entry level version.

Looking forward for the new engine. It is time the Safari got it's due respect.

Quote:

@ 7L, what you get is the old (pre-CRDI) engine on the Safari, which makes the car under powered. It is the DICOR range that is of any interest but comes at a higher price. So I guess the Scorpio is safe for now.
Press release clearly says,
"The Safari DICOR range starts at Rs.6.99 lakhs (ex-Showroom Delhi) "

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajdoll
Press release clearly says,
"The Safari DICOR range starts at Rs.6.99 lakhs (ex-Showroom Delhi) "

Thanks my friend... would like to clarify that I was referring to the On-Road price and not the Ex-Showroom one. My bad, should have made it clear earlier.

its obvious that if a manufacturer is launching the next version (in this case a new Heart for the DICOR) thr would be price cut's on the Current Model .... (3ltr DICOR)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid
I'm selling my Dicor - I've lost faith.

Understand your frustration, but why would you want to do that?