Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2014, 15:47   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Falcon hatchback, compact saloon to debut at 2014 Auto Expo *EDIT* Now unvei

Superb effort by Tata Motors !! Now for the execution part. I hope the vendors, dealers, sales and marketing team are all in sync in terms of what is expected out of these models and TML doesnt end up doing the same sales as they were doing earlier with these 2 extremely good looking launches.

Also one needs to note that the quality of these displayed models may not be the actual quality one gets in the launched version because pricing is the key. With already expectation that these should be priced lower than the Maruti equivalents ( which despite such huge volumes still charge so much for what it gives ), I doubt one will get the same quality in production variants of the FALCON
narayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 16:13   #227
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Falcon hatchback, compact saloon to debut at 2014 Auto Expo *EDIT* Now unvei

Tata has done a great job, given the limitations of working with the ordinary looking shell of the Vista. With the Bolt and the Zest, Tata has at long last, ditched the original Indica-look and name. The interiors look smashing too!

This is a complete surprise from Tata. One has to wonder if this is the same team that worked on refurbishing the Safari Storme?!
Old 3rd February 2014, 16:14   #228
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
If Tata has this car ready for launch, then i am not sure why Tata recently launched the Vista Tech?? What is the purpose of launching it? Or its just a temporary arrangement till these cars actually get launched in the market after next 4-5 months?
I'd see that as a move to speed up the sales of the top most variant - which won't see much sales in the cab role. This way the stocks will be cleared quickly and market will be free for the Bolt when it rolls out. After the Bolt is out, the Vista I think will continue to rule the taxi segment with its LS, LX variants. The VX which is extremely loaded, isn't much suitable for that segment and must be sold off as otherwise it won't sell against the Bolt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
Very nice job by Tata especially the interiors which seem to be inspired by the design language of new gen Honda and Toyota cars.

So what is going to be the positioning of these new cars with respect to existing Tata cars.
Will the Vista continue to sell alongside the Bolt? If yes, then will it see a decrease in price or discontinuation of the Quadrajet engines?
What will happen to the Manza? Except for the larger boot, the Zest is better in every aspect.
Tata have a very small gap to position all these cars, if they want to sell all of them alongside each other. Hopefully all these changes lead to a hike in sales and change in fortunes for Tata.
Logically I think the Vista will continue in the Taxi segment. Obviously they won't keep the Quadrajet with the Vista afterwards. But they can't sell the TDI in metros - where the cabs sell the most. So I'm ready to bet my car () that they'll plonk the 71PS CR4 from the Indica eV2 into the Vista & discontinue its top VX / ZX variants by year end. That would keep the Vista & Bolt's target audience set mutually exclusive also, & both cars can be continued on the lines.

At least I hope this is what they do...

Last edited by Reinhard : 3rd February 2014 at 16:29.
Old 3rd February 2014, 16:15   #229
BHPian

Very nice job by Tata especially the interiors which seem to be inspired by the design language of new gen Honda and Toyota cars.

So what is going to be the positioning of these new cars with respect to existing Tata cars.
Will the Vista continue to sell alongside the Bolt? If yes, then will it see a decrease in price or discontinuation of the Quadrajet engines?
What will happen to the Manza? Except for the larger boot, the Zest is better in every aspect.
Tata have a very small gap to position all these cars, if they want to sell all of them alongside each other. Hopefully all these changes lead to a hike in sales and change in fortunes for Tata.
Old 3rd February 2014, 16:23   #230
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Falcon hatchback, compact saloon to debut at 2014 Auto Expo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie007 View Post
The biggest and segment best feature is the rear suspension. It is independent 3-link McPherson strut with anti-roll bar. Even the C segment, full-fledged sedans don't come with an independent rear suspension, leave alone any hatchback.
Good catch Eagle Eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie007 View Post
Interesting to note that both have the same wheelbase i.e. 2470 mm. So the Zest compact sedan is an extended version of the Vista, rather than a shrunk Manza.
That's 20 MM more than Indigo CS. Retaining Manza wheelbase (2520 MM) was impossible due to the 4 meter limitation.
Old 3rd February 2014, 16:39   #231
BHPian

I am only glad to pay tribute Mr. Karl Slym in my first post. This looks more than promising. I have been saving up for a Vento. I cant wait to do a test drive of Zest!
Old 3rd February 2014, 16:44   #232
Distinguished - BHPian

If the design is indigenous, I'd say that's something TATA should be very very proud of. Fantastic re-design of an old/boring shell.

From a looks perspective, the names 'Bolt' and 'Zest' do absolute justice. Upto the Build and Quality Teams to scale up. Don't screw this up guys!
Old 3rd February 2014, 16:44   #233
srh
BHPian

It is a major redesign. A complete re-skin - inside and out. Change to the drive train, Change to the suspension. Only the shell is retained.
Old 3rd February 2014, 16:59   #234
Senior - BHPian

Few more pics from IAB
Attached Thumbnails
On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-zest1.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-zest5.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-zest2.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-zest3.jpg  

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-zest4.jpg  

Latheesh is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 16:59   #235
BHPian

Thank God TATA is not calling it "Indigo Zest" and "Indica Bolt" !!!
sam_boy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 17:00   #236
BHPian

A truly global launch from a homegrown company! I am mighty impressed with the interiors of both the models. They look a huge step-up form the existing Tata range. Exteriors also look stunning especially on Zest. It is easily a much better looking compact sedan than the Dzires and Amazes of the world. Feature wise, Tatas’ were always the well loaded cars. We will now have to wait to see how Tata will distribute all these features among the various trim levels. I hope Tata keeps the number of trims not more than four or five on both the models.
On a related note, I am now worried about the future of Manza. Zest has a 119 kg lighter body (Manza weighs 1225 Kg), same 90 PS Quadrajet diesel and a supposedly better Revotron petrol engine, independent suspension in the rear (Manza has a semi-independent one), 16” wheels (15” in Manza), option of an F-Tronic AMT on a diesel and a wheelbase just 50 mm shorter than Manza. Forget Indigo CS, Zest will surely cannibalize the sales of Manza. Tata should do something radically different for Manza now. How about a new Manza with sleek exterior design of Manza hybrid concept car, Zest-like specs, powered by Fiat's 1.4L TJet (or higher versions of Revotron series) and 1.6L Multijet engine, and thus a positioning in the City and Vento category. I know I am day dreaming but can’t help it.

Last edited by mahesh_sn : 3rd February 2014 at 17:26.
mahesh_sn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 17:05   #237
BHPian

Though the bolt still reminds of the indica/vista, the interiors made my day!!! And with the zest, looks like Tata has got a winner in the CS segment. Considering the engine and suspension are new too, this one would definitely be an improvement over the Vista/Manza. The quality of materials looks good too. Tata has definitely upped the game.

So Tata has the segment best interiors now?? Lets see how it drives
Old 3rd February 2014, 17:11   #238
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Few more pics from IAB
Guess I am falling in love with those switches!! Hope they just do NOT cut down on the quality in production versions.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 17:13   #239
BHPian

There is a sport button on the console of the Bolt! Wonder what it does
octane_100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 17:19   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
There is a sport button on the console of the Bolt! Wonder what it does
Press that and it will switch to Usain Bolt mode!
Latheesh is online now   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks