Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2014, 17:20   #241
BHPian

Re: Tata Falcon hatchback, compact saloon to debut at 2014 Auto Expo *EDIT* Now unvei

That is a big surprise from Tata. I expected a newish looking Tata but not something as good as what this is. Harman HMIS, independent suspension, radical looks with Projector headlamps, I mean Tata is really learning what the market needs.

And did I read it right that they are using Dry Clutch instead of hydraulic and with AMT?? If this works good and is tested and corrected before being delivered to the customers, they seem to be having an upper edge in the market. Just plonk in the push button start and electrically folding ORVMs and then they have a complete package that wouldn't be easy to compete with. Yeah, price it right too
tajender is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 17:22   #242
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Falcon hatchback, compact saloon to debut at 2014 Auto Expo *EDIT* Now unvei

Any idea on boot sizes of -

The Zest
On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tatazestboot.jpg

Bolt
On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tataboltboot.jpg

My guess is around 350 Liters for Zest & 251 Liters (same as Vista) for the Bolt.
CARDEEP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 17:24   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Few more pics from IAB
One of the dashboard buttons shows Park assist option.
Does zest comes with park assist as well?
Old 3rd February 2014, 17:32   #244
BHPian

Nice effort from TATA and good vehicles, looks like some good competition is in for Dzire and Amaze, if priced correctly.

Does any one one have details of approximate price range?

Thanks
zaveed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 17:50   #245
Senior - BHPian

Looks very nice! And thank god it finally dawned on Tata to throw away the Indica/Indigo names. Hopefully this will give them a good beginning.

Quality looks good, much much better than i expected - at least on paper. Looking forward to the reviews.

Good luck Tata Motors!
Old 3rd February 2014, 17:50   #246
BHPian

Good to see better cars from Tata and also no Indica badge!
Old 3rd February 2014, 17:54   #247
BHPian

Great job by TATA!

When Fiat and TATA parted ways, I thought that TATA would be at a major disadvantage and Fiat, being unchained from the deadweight, would unleash a slew of new models and cutting edge tech. OTOH, ironically, it is Fiat that is languishing at the rear of the pack, whereas TATA seems to have genuinely innovated, at least to the extent of doing a complete rethink of their Indica/Vista strategy.
Old 3rd February 2014, 18:03   #248
BHPian

I too have all the good words for Tata as my fellow Bhp-ians.

From the perspective of a Vista owner, I wouldn't say that these look like 100% new cars (well, I guess Tata isn't saying that either), but maybe 85% new. However, I love the designs.
Kudos to the design team at Tata!

Parts of the Bolt that seem familiar to a 2012 Quadrajet Vista owner's eyes (i.e. parts which look like what I have on my Vista):
  • Sheet metal of the roof
  • A, B, and C pillars
  • Front windscreen and side window glasses and also their frames
  • Fuel lid
  • Exterior black plastic cladding on either side of the front windscreen
  • Inner cladding on the doors and also the inner body cladding
  • Glove box lid and some cladding on either side of that
  • Electric wing mirror and power window switches

As for uneven panel gaps, fit and finish, and the quality of interior plastics, it was already top notch in my Vista. So those, in my opinion, are nothing to be afraid of anymore. They are as good as (or as bad as) any other car in it's price range.

So, would I say the Bolt is the same as my 2012 Vista? No way, dude !!! It looks way way better.
Too bad Tata is not planning to give the Bolt a 90ps Diesel engine.

I just hope for their own sake that Tata does not go the Aria way when it comes to pricing. Please don't screw things up now, Tata.

Last edited by Miel : 3rd February 2014 at 18:08. Reason: Wrong observation
Miel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 18:08   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Few more pics from IAB
Awesome! Those interiors look like they're from a higher segment altogether!
Hope they give it a launch price that makes it a blockbuster hit!

I guess the Dry Clutch would ensure the car doesn't slow down while shifting.
On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-1656396_10203063661772686_885801926_n.jpg

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 3rd February 2014 at 18:11.
GrammarNazi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 18:25   #250
BHPian

This is indeed a shocker from Tata and worth the hype they were trying to create through their Ads.

Brilliant features on Zest like:
-Cuts and lines on the side which gives it a modern look
-Projector headlamps
-Daytime running lights
-Rear LED lamps
-Turbocharged Intercooled MPFi petrol engine

-HARMAN Infotainment System
-5" touchscreen which supports
*Bluetooth
*Voice recognition
*Phone enabled navigation
*Social media integration
*In-built HVAC controls

-SD card slot
-iPod and Aux input
-Rear suspension is independent 3-link McPherson strut with anti-roll bar
-16" tyres
-Electronic Power Assisted System with 'Active Return' function and speed sensitive power steering
-FTronic Automated Manual Transmission
-MapmyIndia next generation navigation & location based services

Look at the videos, the car looks even better in this

Looking at the rear of Bolt, no one can make out that this is based on Vista platform. Looks simple and awesome. The best part about the design is that they have not gone over board in use of chrome. Its just the right amount and should suit everyone's taste.
Attached Thumbnails
On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tata-bolt-image-3.png  

damager21 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 18:39   #251
BHPian

I am finally impressed by the overall design of Zest and bolt. Just need to wait for the performance updates and niggles once the car is launched. I am expecting Tata to do a fairly good job in this department as well.
Old 3rd February 2014, 18:41   #252
Senior - BHPian

To me Zest is much more better than
1. Etios
2. Dezire
3. Amaze and
4. Verito

Leap forward in terms of list of features. Love to check the changes Tata brings in. I hope its a new age for Tata in terms of design. Any feedback on the quaity of plastics?
Old 3rd February 2014, 18:41   #253
BHPian

Looks stunning. Looking at the youtube videos, my first response was, I’ll buy this car. Interiors looked good. And car seems to have some nice touches like projector lamps. The second thought that came to mind was, how will Tata treat me? If they can improve their A.S.S. they will attract a lot of folks.
Old 3rd February 2014, 18:48   #254
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Falcon hatchback, compact saloon to debut at 2014 Auto Expo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Zest: 16" tyres Vs Manza: 15"
Since our country is so obsessed with fuel economy, my guess is 16 inch wheels will only be offered on the top end variant. The other variants will get skinny 15 inchers!
Old 3rd February 2014, 18:48   #255
BHPian

Really impressed. Great to see that TATA has worked hard to update the looks. Both Zest and Bolt are eye pleasing. Also the refreshing interiors are a welcome from the old and dated Indica / Indigo . The plastic quality too looks decent. I particularly liked the steering wheel and the center console. Well, another addition to the already growing list of contenders for my planned upgrade by the 3rd quarter of the year .
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks