Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2014, 16:35   #451
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Falcon hatchback, compact saloon to debut at 2014 Auto Expo *EDIT* Now unvei

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
Could you please the source of this information? Not selling Zest in Europe is understandable given that the compact sedan segment is unique to India but why would TM not want to sell the Bolt there? It falls squarely in the super mini segment and this time TM seems to have got the quality and finishing right too.
The source was already quoted.
rrsteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2014, 09:13   #452
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Falcon hatchback, compact saloon to debut at 2014 Auto Expo *EDIT* Now unvei

Tata Bolt first look review by ACI, speculated to debut in second half of 2014!

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-0_468_700_http___i_haymarket_net_au_extraimages_20140314122211_bolt1.jpg
On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-0_468_700_http___i_haymarket_net_au_extraimages_20140314122536_bolt2.jpg
On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-0_468_700_http___i_haymarket_net_au_extraimages_20140314122607_bolt5.jpg
Quote:
Size wise, the Bolt is as wide and tall as the Vista, but has grown 30mm in length (thanks mostly to a longer front overhang). The wheelbase is identical to the Vista’s 2470mm, but the track is wider.
Quote:
The steering mechanism itself is a shift from the Vista’s hydraulic power steering to a ZF-designed electrically assisted unit, which comes with a brushless motor for better returnability and on-centre feel
Quote:
The view from the driver’s seat is of a sculpted, two-tone steering wheel and big, clearly marked dials. The driver-oriented positioning of the vents and the centre console along with the use of piano black, chrome and silver really lift the ambience of the cabin. It’s clear that careful attention has been paid to everything that you touch and move – the switches for the new infotainment system, the knurled finish on the air-con knobs, and the steering wheel have a nice quality feel to them. The only bits that resemble what was once on the Vista are the headlight and wiper stalks and the doorpads. The Bolt’s interiors feature a sportier theme with plenty of black offset by the slab of white that runs across the dashboard.
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...ew-375092.aspx

Last edited by volkman10 : 14th March 2014 at 09:39.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th March 2014, 10:48   #453
Senior - BHPian

Latest images of the Zest caught in Maharashtra:

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-1500x380xtatazestspyshotfront.jpg.pagespeed.ic.ryg7z6nfw.jpg

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-2500x400xtatazestspyshotrear.jpg.pagespeed.ic.wekufhksmv.jpg

& that if Bolt caught in Nippani, Karnataka:

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-3500x290xtataboltspyshotkarnatakafront.jpg.pagespeed.ic.ahcynydn_v.jpg

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-4500x340xtataboltspyshotkarnatakarear.jpg.pagespeed.ic.9i_unrrelc.jpg

(courtesy Motorbeam)

Last edited by CARDEEP : 17th March 2014 at 10:50.
CARDEEP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2014, 12:30   #454
BHPian

Both Tata Bolt and Zest is a huge leap forward for Tata. I actually loved the boot integration of the Zest very much. The interiors also looks promising. But I like the christmas-tree tail lamps more than new one. They could have atleast replaced the blanked out panels of the old tail lamps with an all new panel. It looks slightly odd on otherwise superb car.
Sreehari
Old 17th March 2014, 13:47   #455
Senior - BHPian

WHEN will TaMo launch these cars! Honestly, that excitement is dying down for me.

I'm now recalling how Tata's 65Bhp Saffire petrols were supposedly reported to be "not very reliable" somewhere on the forum. And hence the extended testing!

Also, what dampens things abit is that they haven't uttered a word about the mileage that the Revotron returns. Seeing so many pics of spottings, hope someone gets to chat with the driver and gets the 'real-world' mileage figures.
GrammarNazi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2014, 16:55   #456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
I'm now recalling how Tata's 65Bhp Saffire petrols were supposedly reported to be "not very reliable" somewhere on the forum. And hence the extended testing!
Don't think the Revotron engines are based on the SAFIRE engine, the SAFIRE engines are Fiat's FIRE engines re-branded as Tata SAFIRE engines. The Revotron engine, if I am not mistaken is based on the Indica Xeta 1.2 petrol engine. I could be wrong though, but I'm pretty confident that is the case.

Last edited by da_lowrider : 17th March 2014 at 17:05. Reason: spelling error
da_lowrider is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2014, 00:05   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
WHEN will TaMo launch these cars! Honestly, that excitement is dying down for me.

Also, what dampens things abit is that they haven't uttered a word about the mileage that the Revotron returns. Seeing so many pics of spottings, hope someone gets to chat with the driver and gets the 'real-world' mileage figures.
Remember how many years they took for the Safari Storme? They kept testing, and testing and finally when it was launched almost everybody had lost interest and the vehicle was already outdated in looks by atleast 5 years.

I think Tata Motors is a bit too backward when it comes to sticking to a strict schedule and keeping product delivery timelines.

I hope the the same won't happen to zest and bolt. But, realistically we can expect it by 2015 or later. Or may be we will see the "all new still un-launched Bolt and zest" at the 2016 Expo yet again. good luck!!

Btw, that latest test mule with those chrome grills somehow resembles Vista/Manza again. I think the car looked better with those black grills shown at the Auto Expo.
Old 18th March 2014, 00:43   #458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_lowrider View Post
Don't think the Revotron engines are based on the SAFIRE engine, the SAFIRE engines are Fiat's FIRE engines re-branded as Tata SAFIRE engines. The Revotron engine, if I am not mistaken is based on the Indica Xeta 1.2 petrol engine. I could be wrong though, but I'm pretty confident that is the case.
Yep, you're right. I mixed up with the name.

AFAIK too, Tata adopted the F.I.R.E. engines from Fiat because of various issues with their own 1.2 Petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinodDevil81 View Post
Remember how many years they took for the Safari Storme? They kept testing, and testing and finally when it was launched almost everybody had lost interest and the vehicle was already outdated in looks by atleast 5 years.

I think Tata Motors is a bit too backward when it comes to sticking to a strict schedule and keeping product delivery timelines.

I hope the the same won't happen to zest and bolt. But, realistically we can expect it by 2015 or later. Or may be we will see the "all new still un-launched Bolt and zest" at the 2016 Expo yet again. good luck!!

Btw, that latest test mule with those chrome grills somehow resembles Vista/Manza again. I think the car looked better with those black grills shown at the Auto Expo.
Exactly! Even within the company its often referred to the "Safari18 turned 42", because it was supposed to be rolled out in 18 months, whereas it took them 42 months to come up with the new version!

Its a dampener when they put up a good show, but then don't follow it up with deliveries. IMO that eventually pushes people to discount even TATA's most competent of products as "mediocre" once they start over-evaluating 'issues' related to "reliability" or "niggles" or "service" or "design".

They did the same mistake with the Nano, then the new Safari and now its these two gems. Hope people at TaMo pull up their socks and DELIVER!

Thats the ONE thing that Maruti does - it delivers ON TIME. They are the first ones to launch Magneti Marelli's AMT in their ridiculously priced Celerio, and still their order books are flooded with a 6 month waiting period!

Comparatively speaking, its like TATA's aren't bothered to earn money anymore!

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 18th March 2014 at 00:55.
Old 18th March 2014, 10:58   #459
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure why are we singling out Tata again. They've clearly stated that the launch will happen in the second half of this year.

Isn't this a common practice across the industry - unveil the product a good six to eight months before the launch? The Datsun Go, Honda Amaze, Mobilo, etc are some of the cars that have followed this in the recent past.

We will see the Zest/Bolt in showrooms around the Aug-Sep time frame, IMO.

Last edited by safari_lover : 18th March 2014 at 11:01.
safari_lover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2014, 11:36   #460
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
...We will see the Zest/Bolt in showrooms around the Aug-Sep time frame, IMO.
I think we can see Bolt by then, I would have reservations on Zest launch. May be, I would expect it to happen by Mar-Apr 2015. That's a realistic time frame for a brand new car.
Old 18th March 2014, 11:39   #461
Senior - BHPian

ACI have uploaded a report on the first look review of the Zest, & here is the link to the same:

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...ew-375340.aspx

Interestingly, the boot space of the under 4m sedan is 360 liters (the Indigo CS' boot is 380 liters), & it doesn’t offer space as efficiently either, since the suspension intrudes into the luggage space. Mid you, Amaze has got 380 liters (+20 liters under boot tray space) & the Xcent has got 407 liters boot space. But, it easily beats the Swift Dzire's 316 liters boot space.

ACI's reviewer (s) seem please with the improvements in interior quality, fit, etc & the car generally, otherwise.

& the pics:

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-10_0_645_httpi.haymarket.net.auextraimages20140317042328_zestx1.jpg

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-20_0_0_0_70_httpi.haymarket.net.aureviewszestx2.jpg

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-30_0_0_0_70_httpi.haymarket.net.aureviewszest3.jpg

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-40_0_0_0_70_httpi.haymarket.net.aureviewszest4.jpg

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-50_0_0_0_70_httpi.haymarket.net.aureviewszestx3.jpg

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-60_0_0_0_70_httpi.haymarket.net.aureviewszestx4.jpg

Last edited by CARDEEP : 18th March 2014 at 11:44. Reason: Adding pics
CARDEEP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2014, 14:14   #462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I think we can see Bolt by then, I would have reservations on Zest launch. May be, I would expect it to happen by Mar-Apr 2015. That's a realistic time frame for a brand new car.
Acutally, AutocarIndia, when it broke the news first, reported that the Zest could be launched before the Bolt.
Quote:
It’s likely that the Falcon 5 will be launched a couple of months before the hatchback (Falcon 4) and around the festive season next year. Both the Falcon cars will be unveiled at the Auto Expo next February.
Tata may stick to this strategy considering that the Zest has generated quite a buzz.

Last edited by safari_lover : 18th March 2014 at 14:16.
Old 19th March 2014, 13:55   #463
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Bolt Test Mule Spotted again,

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-upcomingtataboltspypicrear1.jpg

http://motorbash.com/upcoming-tata-b...launch-engine/
Old 21st March 2014, 17:33   #464
Team-BHP Support

A dedicated website for the Tata Zest is now up and running. It gives us a glimpse of what to expect in the car.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Tata Zest website

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-thezestfromtatamotors.jpg
Aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2014, 18:48   #465
Distinguished - BHPian

Bolt, Zest Launch In June, Tata Renovating Showrooms.

Quote:
All Tata showrooms across India are currently under renovation to be complete by May in order to welcome the brand new products with a new positioning for the company

http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/tata-b...ing-showrooms/

Last edited by volkman10 : 21st March 2014 at 18:49.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks