Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2014, 12:51   #586
BHPian

re: On the Tata Bolt Hatchback

Eagerly awaiting the Bolt launch. I think they have already soft launched it at IIFA awards.

I am looking for Swift replacement for m wife and even though bolt is currently not in my probables, I would like to wait as I believe this may become a game changer for Tatas, like Swift.
Also Bolt's features list would be more Indian and exceed other contemporaries.
Old 2nd May 2014, 15:35   #587
Senior - BHPian

As per Motorbash, the Zest will be launched on Friday 4th of July 2014. More details here:

http://motorbash.com/tata-zest-launc...-diesel-sedan/
CARDEEP is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 21:43   #588
Senior - BHPian

NEWS : TATA MOTORS refurbishing their outlets (Link) to match a new brand identity for Bolt & Zest.

Really appreciate TaMo working SO hard for whats just a mid-life facelift. All this is in preparation of its complete brand overhaul by 2016 when it'll start launching all-new freshly developed products.

Quote:
Tata Motors, India's biggest auto maker, is revving up every opportunity to make upcoming launches - Zest and Bolt - a success.

The company has realingned its network and refurbished 120 outlets with new brand identity, which would be completed by May. Another 120 outlets would undergo the same upgradation process and would be completed by July.

The company is recruiting 3,000 sales personnel in the run-up to the launch which will happen in the second quarter of this financial year. The appointed individuals will undergo 'rigorous' training to be able to meet the demand of every customer.

Ankush Arora, senior vice president and head commercial - passenger vehicle business unit, Tata Motors said, "A lot of unique steps we have taken to make sure the customer is satisfied wit the service he has had at our dealership. For instance it would be mandatory for every sales to carry a tablet to make a detailed presentations to the customers about the products".

Further, six mobile showrooms would be created which would cover 2,500 towns in 6-9 months after the launch. This is Tata Motors' biggest product launch exercise of its kind in recent times. The Mumbai-based company has been working with Boston Consulting Group for formuation of strategies.

Both the models - a hatchback and a sedan - which were showcased at the Auto Expo in February will be launched almost simultaneously with only a 'minor gap' in between, added Arora.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 2nd May 2014 at 21:44.
GrammarNazi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th May 2014, 09:26   #589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
If this trend continues, I wonder if they will be able to sell even 1000 cars a month, all models put together.
Sir, with all due respect, I do totally disagree. Yes, they are in a downward spin now, but that does not mean they cannot pull up and will have to hit the ground and dis-integrate. Less than 1000 per month putting all the models together is totally an under estimation.

I own a Xeta, in my family there is another Indica and a Vista and we are all happy with 7+ years of ownership. Also, we are not averse to buying another Tata as a replacement. The Indical DLS is now been considered for an upgradation and XUV & Aria are competing each other. The reason why we are been pulled out of Aria is due to the fact that the top end version is not having a 4X2 model. My B-I-L who is looking for that always buys top end variant, however, not at all happy buying a 4X4 vehicle. But still, the decision is to be made and will be made by Aug/ Sep.

Quote:
Well said. I was about to post same. How many Revas does one see on road? EVs are nothing new.
I feel bowing out gracefully is better than being a laughing stock of everyone.
There are quite a few different reasons (in my opinion) for this. More than money, it is range & capability of those vehicles why it is not seen as one would have expected. Most of Indians have one vehicle for all use and so this one vehicle should suffice the city runs, office runs, highway runs, so the eventual car which one buy (atleast me) would be the best compromise for all these put together. To add, there are lot of infrastructure parameters we need to have, like recharging points, to get EVs more and more on the road. Then there needs a lot of perceptional changes which our society has to undergo to adopt EVs more and more. Let me ask another question. Many of the households (esp. in Kerala) have got overhead water heaters to supply running hot water. Majority of them are electric heaters, why we are not having solar heaters despite having a Govt. Subsidy? Why there are no households going the solar way, despite Govt. providing subsidy and electricity buy-back schemes? I would say it is more from perception, following the heard attitude, practicality etc. etc.

I don't know if Zest and Bolt would turn around the fortunes for TaMo like diesel Amaze and new City did for Honda. However, I would love that happen. Will I buy a Zest - definitely YES, this would be a contender when my Accent is due for replacement.
Jakku is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2014, 14:10   #590
Senior - BHPian

While I was at the service centre on the weekend, I asked the SA about the arrival of Zest and Bolt. He confidently told me that the ZEST is arriving at all showrooms by the end of May or by 1st week of June. The price range would be 6 to 8 lacs for the diesel Zest. He said that they have no idea about the petrol Zest as the Revotron engine is a brand new engine and they don't know yet how TML will price it.

But I could feel a sense of enthusiasm with the staff regarding the two new products. Even the CRM asked if I was interested in having a look at the Zest and Bolt, as soon as these arrive at the showroom. I obviously said yes. CRM also asked me if I wanted to exchange my Vista with the Zest, he will give me the best exchange price.

Its too early to get excited, I said to myself and left.
ajay_satpute is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th May 2014, 15:08   #591
BHPian

http://motorbash.com/tata-bolt-spy-p...iors-features/

Bolt caught uncamouflaged! news from motorbash.
Old 5th May 2014, 15:13   #592
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs down to Tail lamp area sheet metal and black stickers!
Old 6th May 2014, 03:09   #593
BHPian

Oh oh. Bad finish from Tata continues?

Attached Thumbnails
On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-newtataboltspypicsrearx.jpg  

Old 6th May 2014, 09:36   #594

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Oh oh. Bad finish from Tata continues?
I have browsed all the Auto Expo 2014 and some individual images that contains the Blot (in red, white and blue colors), but never found the artifacts mentioned in the above images.

Test vehicles appearances are arbitrary and doesn't have to reflect the characteristics of a production version.

On the Tata Bolt Hatchback-tataboltrearthreequartergenevalive.jpg

Image courtesy: indianautosblog.com
Bhargava is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th May 2014, 10:37   #595
Senior - BHPian

<Sarcasm>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Thumbs down to Tail lamp area sheet metal and black stickers!
Oh Definitely! Because out of EVERYTHING ELSE, that one piece of metal is going to be the most relevant part of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Oh oh. Bad finish from Tata continues?...
WOW! What a find eagle eye! Come lets crucify Tata Motors. Find pre-launch test vehicles and highlight some trivial error, then we'll make a BIG deal out of it. Put thick RED circles around them. Maybe arrows too. Maybe later we'll make a video with dramatic music too.

Psst, but disguise it with a question ok, so we can hide behind technicalities later incase we get into trouble.

Honda may have recalled >31,000 units for something as supremely serious as the brakes, but forget that, Tata Motors got a vinyl stickering wrong in their test mule!

</Sarcasm>

Aren't some people are just waiting to find reasons to pull them down? Seriously, how can we allow such unfounded speculation?
Its deplorable.

Nothing personal. Just that Team-BHP is a reasonably well known auto forum. We're lucky to be able to put out honest & neutral perspectives to a fairly large reader base. Lets use this medium responsibly.

Last edited by moralfibre : 6th May 2014 at 21:17.
GrammarNazi is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 6th May 2014, 10:57   #596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
<Sarcasm>
Oh Definitely! Because out of EVERYTHING ELSE, that one piece of metal is going to be the most relevant part of the car.

WOW! What a find eagle eye! Come lets crucify Tata Motors. Find pre-launch test vehicles and highlight some trivial error, then we'll make a BIG deal out of it. Put thick RED circles around them. Maybe arrows too. Maybe later we'll make a video with dramatic music too.

Psst, but disguise it with a question ok, so we can hide behind technicalities later incase we get into trouble.

Honda may have recalled >31,000 units for something as supremely serious as the brakes, but forget that, Tata Motors got a vinyl stickering wrong in their test mule!
Aren't some people are just waiting to find reasons to pull them down? Seriously, how can we allow such unfounded speculation?
Its deplorable.
Totally agree with you mate.
Give these guys a break. Let the vehicle be launched and then come out with your pitchforks!!

Last edited by moralfibre : 6th May 2014 at 21:18. Reason: Editing quoted post
bigben is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2014, 11:02   #597
BHPian

Isn't the black part above the tail lamp just a sticker? or is it seperate metal sheet panel/part?

If it is just sheet,than it is just a small issue I feel.
Old 6th May 2014, 11:20   #598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
<Sarcasm>

</Sarcasm>

Its deplorable.

Nothing personal. Just that Team-BHP is a reasonably well known auto forum. We're lucky to be able to put out honest & neutral perspectives to a fairly large reader base. Lets use this medium responsibly.
Well said. It is for this reason that I wanted Tata to exit car making. Because no matter how much they improve, some people look ( and look long and hard ) to spot inconsistencies. They do not rest till they find one. And when they do, they are like, " aha! there goes this....". And you are right about people looking the other way or pretending not to hear about Toyota/Honda recalls.

But, coming to Bolt and Zest, I am not very much entused by the designs. Zest? I personally do not like the chop-job sedans but then who am I? Dzires and Amazes are selling before paint on their bodies could dry. Bolt? I see too much of Vista in it. No, Vista is not a bad-looker but I think Tata should have tried ground-breaking design. Like fluidic of Hyundai or butch, chiselled-out-of-a-block looks of Swift. These are eye-catching designs. Swift is the best looking hatch there is and Verna looks better than 3/4 times-as-much-costing-and-boring-looking German sedans.

Last edited by moralfibre : 6th May 2014 at 21:18. Reason: Editing quoted post.
pgsagar is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2014, 12:14   #599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well said. It is for this reason that I wanted Tata to exit car making. Because no matter how much they improve, some people look ( and look long and hard ) to spot inconsistencies. They do not rest till they find one. And when they do, they are like, " aha! there goes this....". And you are right about people looking the other way or pretending not to hear about Toyota/Honda recalls.
Seems so. Theres not even a single reply to that thread. Out of 554 views, I don't know how many members saw that, but only 5 people have thanked the OP.

Quote:
But, coming to Bolt and Zest, I am not very much entused by the designs. Zest? I personally do not like the chop-job sedans but then who am I? Dzires and Amazes are selling before paint on their bodies could dry. Bolt? I see too much of Vista in it. No, Vista is not a bad-looker but I think Tata should have tried ground-breaking design. Like fluidic of Hyundai or butch, chiselled-out-of-a-block looks of Swift. These are eye-catching designs. Swift is the best looking hatch there is and Verna looks better than 3/4 times-as-much-costing-and-boring-looking German sedans.
Honestly, IMO thats out of question. See the Pune plant and you'll probably change your mind too.

Even if they were to divest, with the markets seeing red since the last 2 years, what do you think they'll get for the factories? Imagine the number of people that'll go out of work.

We as consumers would lose out too! My take.
GrammarNazi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2014, 14:12   #600

Quote:

I agree that the Fluidic design of Hyundai is very good, but the Zest looks much better than the Dzire (both new and old) and offers more value-for-money. Globally, design is not always the sole/prime factor in setting the sales charts on fire. Land Rover makes vehicles that looks like boxes, and yet has a loyal following.

In terms of quality, Tata Motors has improved a lot with the Zest - with the market launch just around the corner, let the product do the talking.

Tata Motors is an amazing automobile manufacturer in India with tremendous potential. The Tata Sierra, Tata Estate, Tata Safari, Tata Sumo and the Indica were all market leaders in the '90s. They had offered some of the best civilian and military vehicles. Reliability is very important for the commercial fleet operators, and no wonder every 3 out of 5 fleet vehicles are from Tata Motors.

The management structure of Tata Motors is complicated and largely consists of old people (age > 50-60 years) at key positions who doesn't have the drive and the passion to play the game ferociously. Late Karl Slym had brought in few young people at key positions and started priming the company to bring it on the right course based on his Horizonext strategy, but unfortunately we lost him.

I don't mean to look at things in retrospect, but (Late) Karl Slym was the perfect man for Tata Motors, the combination was so perfect that I would like to use the soul-mate analogy. He was good hearted, gentle and yet had the ferocious drive, passion and energy to maneuver the company out of its downward spiral. The Bolt and the Zest are just the 'tip-of-the-iceberg' that he has envisioned for the company through Horizonext strategy planned till the year 2020.

To conclude, I would like to say that it's not the vehicles (in terms of design), it's not the company (in terms of capabilities), but it's the management at Tata Motors who is spoiling the game. Put in the right people and I don't see any reason why Tata Motors can be in the top three league of passenger automobile manufacturers in India.
Bhargava is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks