Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2014, 21:53   #76
BHPian

Re: Tata Falcon hatchback, compact saloon to debut at 2014 Auto Expo

We just launched GSLV. We launched Mangalyaan. Do you know Tatas played a big part in building many of the key modules?

Tatas have also turned in the best global sales ever for their Jaguar & Land Rover brands, they outperformed all other luxury brands.

I have no doubt Tatas will deliver as well in the passenger cars in a couple of years. They have the skills & a brand to learn from. But fighting globally established players in India is tough.. takes time.
gsurya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 11:34   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
...Having said that, Overdrive has just released an article with interiors of new Vista. The article says that while Tata claims the cars are all new, the silhouette has not changed...
I am quite happy with the steering design (though looks hyundaish). The thumb contour looks delicious to me - there is a premium fee and a sporty feel to itl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya79india View Post
...There are many emotional statements on this thread. We need to understand that however much Mr. S l y m may want to deliver, there is no way a new vehicle (of any size / complexity) can be developed in the timeframe that he has been at the helm...
Thanks for a wonderful post. I agree with you on the above point. When I read one of the posts, I felt the member was unduly critical of Slym in NOT making many "visible" changes till now. He has been there ONLY for a short time w.r.t a product design / production.

I think currently he is focussing on the low lying fruits which is easier to correct and needs to be corrected; like the quality bits. If this is something to go by, am sure there will be good quanitative & qualitative changes by the time next product is launched. If the next completely new product does NOT confirm to the industry standards is when he deserves to be grilled.

Also the fact that the new designs are done by the same guy who designed Pixel, I am quite positive. If these guys carry on the passion they have and get the right support, it may be just a couple of years before TATA products become aspirational.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 6th January 2014 at 11:38.
Old 6th January 2014, 13:17   #78
BHPian

Is this the new hatchback?
Attached Images

Last edited by bigwheelz : 6th January 2014 at 13:33.
bigwheelz is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 23:33   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

New Tata turbo petrol engine to debut in Falcon.

The 1.2-litre turbo engine will form the base of a new family of engines, which, in the future, will include larger-capacity motors and direct fuel-injection.

Mny will be disappointed to learn that this new 1.2-litre turbo petrol motor will produce only about 80bhp – a figure that is bettered by most similar sized but TATA's prime focus is on reducing fuel consumption and delivering better drivability, rather than outright performance.

Quote:
Though the 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol engine has its roots in the cast-iron cylinder block of the 1.2 Xeta Motor, it is, for all practical purposes, an all-new motor. The block has been redesigned for better stiffness and balance, weight has been significantly reduced and the cylinder head is all-new as well. The new engine will be launched with a two-valve-per-cylinder head but a four-valve head is also being developed. The company’s long-standing TA65 gearbox will be mated to the new engine but again, it has been significantly improved with a smoother shift.
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...14-369182.aspx
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2014, 11:56   #80
Senior - BHPian

Okay, Motorbeam confirms the opinions that many members have expressed on this thread - the scoop pictures that we see here are not of the Falcon.

The car we see in these pictures is the Vista Tech, the upgraded Vista, to be launched in the next couple of weeks, according to them.

Quote:
The Vista Tech isn’t all new but a re-engineered Vista with a more appealing design. Not only have the exteriors seen a revision but even the interiors are vastly changed, taking heavy inspiration from the Hyundai i20. Tata Motors will incorporate other learnings from the D90 project which means the Vista Tech will have excellent brakes and improved NVH. The Falcon 4 (which is just an internal codename currently) will sit above the Vista Tech when it’s launched later this year.
Link - http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/tata-v...ed-vista-tech/

Looks like we'll have to wait till the auto expo for the Falcon. In that case Tata has managed well to keep the secret.

Last edited by safari_lover : 10th January 2014 at 11:58.
safari_lover is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2014, 23:08   #81
BHPian

Yes, even i read in the internet regarding the same that the car was caught uncamouflaged in Pune. Also, read somewhere that Falcons might get projector headlamps.
WOW!! First of the segment, surely. Just hope they have the LEDs too, considering the i20 and the upcoming Swift upgrade have them.
But someone said "aspirational"? Still need a different badge for that in India.
Old 13th January 2014, 09:40   #82
BHPian

Yes. I think, Vista Tech is the real thing. Located a full Sales Presentation of Vista Tech on Flickr. Looks to be uploaded by someone called Faisal A Khan from Motor Beam

Key Points:
  • 2 Diesels Quadrajet (75PS) and TDI (71 PS)
  • Touchscreen multimedia system and And some improvements
Full brochure / presentation
dmplog is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2014, 10:27   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Okay, Motorbeam confirms the opinions that many members have expressed on this thread - the scoop pictures that we see here are not of the Falcon.

The car we see in these pictures is the Vista Tech, the upgraded Vista, to be launched in the next couple of weeks, according to them.

Looks like we'll have to wait till the auto expo for the Falcon. In that case Tata has managed well to keep the secret.
But the car in the Vista Tech brochure looks exactly like Vista D90 which means Vista Tech is not getting the stylistic changes of the car in scoop pics. It will be bad for TM's image if they call this mild refresh Falcon.
Old 13th January 2014, 11:37   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
But the car in the Vista Tech brochure looks exactly like Vista D90 which means Vista Tech is not getting the stylistic changes of the car in scoop pics. It will be bad for TM's image if they call this mild refresh Falcon.
Yes, I realized it after looking into the brochure. There's not much change in the Vista tech compared to the current Vista[D90]. That means the scoop pics indeed point to the Falcon range. Not sure how would TaMo justify a new name for it when it looks very very similar to the Vista!

Also, noticed that they have taken out the petrol engine from the Vista tech range; making ways for the new engine? My guess is that the Vista tech is a stop-gap solution till the Falcon is ready, at which point it will be discontinued and the Falcon will be launched as the ALL NEW Vista, may be with a new name.

Last edited by safari_lover : 13th January 2014 at 11:46.
Old 13th January 2014, 11:47   #85
Senior - BHPian

i don't understand why everyone is claiming that the scoop pics are all new vista or all new falcon hatch from tata motors. we can clearly see that it is just a major facelift tata is giving to vista. all new vista is is still under development and will may come out after 2 years. and i think for a facelift, tata have changed many things like reshaped taillights,new front grill, even the interiors. so tata is listening to its customers. please stop bashing their cars. wait for the auto expo. you will surly going to see something interesting.
Old 13th January 2014, 13:02   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
i don't understand why everyone is claiming that the scoop pics are all new vista or all new falcon hatch from tata motors. we can clearly see that it is just a major facelift tata is giving to vista. all new vista is is still under development and will may come out after 2 years. and i think for a facelift, tata have changed many things like reshaped taillights,new front grill, even the interiors. so tata is listening to its customers. please stop bashing their cars. wait for the auto expo. you will surly going to see something interesting.
The Brochures shows Nothing New in TECH version.

And if they are going to launch a heavily reshaped VISTA by end year 2015. Then don't you feel it not ideal, As this would invariable mean that the All New Car will not be due unit 2017 / 8 at-least. Which would mean a 10yrs PLC for Vista.

I would prefer TATA to launch a All NEW Car by end 2015. Else the Damage done to the BRAND will be very big, and we could see TATA become a FIAT in INDIA.
Old 13th January 2014, 13:38   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There's already an updated Vista due to be launched soon as the Vista Tech. So, are you suggesting that the scoop pics represent another update for the Vista on top of the Vista Tech?

Yes, all new Vista seems to be in design/development stage currently but what about the so called Falcon range which is supposed to launch this year? Is it an upgrade on the Vista or a completely different car?

Things around the Falcon/Vista upgrade have become confusing, thanks to the various reports/scoops on the web. But, Tata Motors is not the one to be blamed for this.

Last edited by safari_lover : 13th January 2014 at 13:42.
safari_lover is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2014, 19:41   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post

There's already an updated Vista due to be launched soon as the Vista Tech. So, are you suggesting that the scoop pics represent another update for the Vista on top of the Vista Tech?

Yes, all new Vista seems to be in design/development stage currently but what about the so called Falcon range which is supposed to launch this year? Is it an upgrade on the Vista or a completely different car?

Things around the Falcon/Vista upgrade have become confusing, thanks to the various reports/scoops on the web. But, Tata Motors is not the one to be blamed for this.
my point is falcon range is completely different. according to my sources it has nothing to do with vista facelift. falcon range will present totally new design language. please don't consider vista facelift, which tata will showcase in autoexpo in falcon range.
tushky is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th January 2014, 10:51   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
my point is falcon range is completely different. according to my sources it has nothing to do with vista facelift. falcon range will present totally new design language. please don't consider vista facelift, which tata will showcase in autoexpo in falcon range.
My thoughts.

Vista Tech: Vista with D90 dashboard, mild facelift.

Falcon 4 = Vista Facelift/Revamp. Mid-year launch.

Falcon 5 = Manza compact sedan. Festive season/end of year launch.

All of the above cars use X1 (Indica) platform.

All new Vista, in design stage, set for 2016 model year. Completely revised design that looks like no other Tata, but smiley stays.

So, Falcon = Code-name for revamped Vista. All-new 2016 Vista yet to get a name.

Cheers,

Jay
JayPrashanth is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th January 2014, 11:31   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post

My thoughts.

Vista Tech: Vista with D90 dashboard, mild facelift.

Falcon 4 = Vista Facelift/Revamp. Mid-year launch.

Falcon 5 = Manza compact sedan. Festive season/end of year launch.

All of the above cars use X1 (Indica) platform.

All new Vista, in design stage, set for 2016 model year. Completely revised design that looks like no other Tata, but smiley stays.

So, Falcon = Code-name for revamped Vista. All-new 2016 Vista yet to get a name.

Cheers,

Jay
according to my father, who works with tata motors, falcon range will showcase completely different styling. little bit influenced by i20. so i dont think vista can be included in falcon range
tushky is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks