Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2015, 15:25   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire

This Autocar article says that the Aspire would also get a 1.5L petrol engine mated to a twin clutch 6 Speed Gear box. That would be awesome for the segment.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...15-394097.aspx

EDIT: The test mule pictures on page 8 show an AT car. So looks like this is definitely true.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 26th March 2015 at 15:28.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2015, 15:42   #137
Senior - BHPian

Initial pictures indicate that, contrary to Ford's regular dark shaded interior colour scheme, beige makes an appearance in the Aspire.

Last edited by rajeev k : 26th March 2015 at 15:45.
Old 26th March 2015, 17:46   #138
BHPian

2014 Ford Figo-based compact sedan: Is this it?

This car's grill looks very much similar to Ford Fusion (It's bigger American cousin) which is one of the best sellers in USA. Probably the same design being carried over to India. Finally a small sedan that looks decent enough.
pamiboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2015, 20:22   #139
Senior - BHPian

1.2 Litre Petrol engine with 77bhp and and 1.5 Diesel with 75bhp as mentioned in a post earlier.

And there goes Ford again plonking not so great on power engines in their hatch and compact sedans.
Old 26th March 2015, 20:27   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
1.2 Litre Petrol engine with 77bhp and and 1.5 Diesel with 75bhp as mentioned in a post earlier.

And there goes Ford again plonking not so great on power engines in their hatch and compact sedans.
Weren't there some reports earlier of a 80-85 bhp petrol engine? Let's wait for official confirmation on this.
Old 26th March 2015, 21:03   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Personally, I think Ford are quite good at designing good looking cars, except for few things that I just can't digest:

- Ugly looking Windshield sprays on the Bonnet !! I mean common Ford Folks, that design should have gone with Ambys and Padmini's, please get your design updated.

- Long Antenna above the windshield, which again is a total eyesore.
Bro, now this is nitpicking! Once you drive the car, these little things cease to exist!

Quote:
- Ford cars are in a league of their own when it comes to chassis structure and handling prowess. How much more will Ford be taxed if they introduced the Ecoboost and 90HP versions as standard on all their next launches in the higher trims (at least) ?
They say, since the Ecoboost is imported, it will increase costs. So how is it that they are providing it in the Ecosport? I mean, if this engine is plonked in another car then the volumes are generated in turn giving higher profit margins. The top end Ecosport with the Ecoboost costs INR 12.5L thereabouts on road and comes with 6 airbags! The Fiesta will surely be cheaper considering they offer only 2 airbags. 12L on road for that engine in a car like the Fiesta will be mouth wateringly delicious. I'm sure there are ten times the people who'd buy the Fiesta with the Ecoboost option in a heartbeat over the TDCi.
However, Ford being Ford, this is one strategy of theirs I've failed to understand from the day they launched the new Fiesta. Surely, this engine will not feature in the Figo/Aspire. A 90hp version in the Aspire will make it faster than the Fiesta so this is ruled out as well.

Quote:
Please bring the good old Fiesta S and Ikon days of serious fun back to market Ford.
+1 to this! A Fiesta S with Ecoboost or 110bhp, 250Nm TDCi will be awesome! Everything else like the chassis, suspension and steering is spot on, no tinkering required. C'mon Ford, do it please please please!!!!!

OT - Been a while since we last met. How about a meet up, considering we own different cars now!?

Last edited by Porschefire : 26th March 2015 at 21:17.
Porschefire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2015, 21:49   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Weren't there some reports earlier of a 80-85 bhp petrol engine? Let's wait for official confirmation on this.
There is a 1.5 litre option as mentioned earlier, but not sure if that would have a manual option as well.

The engine capacity is fine, but there is no limit on BHP, so why the conservative output is what I am wondering.
The present Figo has both the petrol and diesel engines that are far lower than what the car deserves and what it is capable of.

Eagerly waiting for the specifications from Ford on this.
Old 26th March 2015, 21:59   #143
Senior - BHPian

The 1.2L petrol engine option could be an India specific one, for availing the duty benefits and to price the Aspire competitively. The 1.5L petrol could also be expected as voices were quite louder since long, for a powerful petrol option even for the existing Figo.
Old 27th March 2015, 00:39   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

Even though the bhp is conservative, I hope they retain all Fiesta hardware which will enable us to remap this to a 120 bhp. I really hope we have some cheaper options to the Polo GT twins. I kinda trust the Ford A$$ more than VW!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 27th March 2015 at 00:41.
Old 27th March 2015, 10:33   #145
Team-BHP Support

Ford has unveiled the upcoming Figo Aspire compact sedan at its new plant in Sanand, Gujarat. The car will be manufactured at the Sanand plant and will go on sale later this year. It will also be exported to various countries around the world.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-ford-figo-aspire-1.jpg

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-ford-figo-aspire-2.jpg

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-ford-figo-aspire-3.jpg

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-ford-sanand-vehicle-assembly-engine-plant.jpg
Aditya is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th March 2015, 10:36   #146
Senior - BHPian

The front of the car looks quite good. However the rear area seems to look somewhat "compressed", making it more like a notch-back than a sedan. Not sure if this is an issue with the photo or the design itself.
Old 27th March 2015, 10:48   #147
BANNED

If the feature list mentioned in this article comes in the production car, then this is a great step-up by Ford for the Indian market. Personally as a customer, I already have a great respect towards the build quality of Ford's and this equipment list is surely jaw dropping. Side air bags and Curtain air bags on a sub-4 meter sedan should be awesome and if Ford prices this car competitively and plan meticulously for enough of stocks, I'm sure Figo Aspire should provide enough of heat to Dzire, Amaze and Zest.
Amarkarthi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2015, 11:06   #148
Senior - BHPian

Yet another good product from Ford. But they seriously need to buck up on matching the domestic demand for this car instead of concentrating on exports . I dont think this can make dent on Dzire sales but Xcent , Zest and Amaze should be worried.

Kudos to them for the safety and other features.
Old 27th March 2015, 11:31   #149
Senior - BHPian

Front looks really good and smashing but all you enthusiasm ends when you see the rear end of the car. It's really boring and nothing in it. Rear has damaged all the good work done in the front. After all you see your car from both ends

Come on Ford, Even Tata has done better job than this in Zest.
aniketi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2015, 11:50   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Front looks really good and smashing but all you enthusiasm ends when you see the rear end of the car. It's really boring and nothing in it. Rear has damaged all the good work done in the front. After all you see your car from both ends

Come on Ford, Even Tata has done better job than this in Zest.
A Ford vehicle discussion without aniketi's comments is just not done for me! Kidding.

I do agree with you on this one. The rear is bland when compared to the front. Maybe its the picture making it look worse that it actually is. I do not like that chrome strip. A clearer picture might change opinions.
And C'mon, those tail lights on the Zest are way too XXL sized for that rear. A more sleeker unit would've done the job!
Porschefire is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed