Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2015, 10:48   #361
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
When i checked the site, the pictures mysteriously swapped

Attachment 1378461

Just for understanding purposes, how do you say if an engine is Diesel or Petrol?
In this case, the differentiating factors noticed are:
1) The individual intake runners (1.5 TDCI individual runners are not visible on outside)
2) Location and type of the oil filter (TDCI diesel has a cartridge type, and its on the exhaust side)
3) Lack of Oil cooler visible (TDCI has it and is prominent, and its on the exhaust side)
4) Camshaft cover (TDCI cam cover is completely different and is single cam)
5) Valve timing mechanism on the end of cam cover (TDCI doesn't have this)
Sankar is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th June 2015, 11:12   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
In this case, the differentiating factors noticed are:
1) The individual intake runners (1.5 TDCI individual runners are not visible on outside)
2) Location and type of the oil filter (TDCI diesel has a cartridge type, and its on the exhaust side)
3) Lack of Oil cooler visible (TDCI has it and is prominent, and its on the exhaust side)
4) Camshaft cover (TDCI cam cover is completely different and is single cam)
5) Valve timing mechanism on the end of cam cover (TDCI doesn't have this)
And you really think Ford should've cared to use genuine pictures of the engines.
Petrolheads are a minority in itself and people who understands all those points you mentioned, ahem!
jayded is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2015, 12:06   #363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And you really think Ford should've cared to use genuine pictures of the engines.
Petrolheads are a minority in itself and people who understands all those points you mentioned, ahem!

But still, Why not use the right picture if they are showcasing it on the web page?
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2015, 13:53   #364
BHPian

Quote:

Still, not an excuse to show the wrong picture.

Apart from misrepresentation of the product, it also shows a chalta-hai attitude and culture of mediocrity.
chncar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2015, 14:21   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
Still, not an excuse to show the wrong picture.

Apart from misrepresentation of the product, it also shows a chalta-hai attitude and culture of mediocrity.
Not really sure if that would qualify for misrepresentation since here the images are seemingly for representation purposes only and not for actual purchase. Plus I don't think they are going to give you a Petrol engine when you are actually buying a Diesel variant.

Misrepresentation, for example, is more like how Triumph was selling their heavily down tuned Street Triple without letting the customers know about it.

But then yes, I guess it's more like "No one will care/notice" attitude from whoever designed the website.
jayded is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2015, 22:25   #366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
For some reason she is still prefers the design of the current Fiesta which we own.
glenmz, i think the women have their typical intuition derived reasons. For example, in the 1.4 tdci fiesta, when i will be all over the road zip zapping the 2 lane highway, she will be applying nail polish in her own slow motion style. When taking the hair pin bends when climbing up to Ooty, she was applying jam on the bread. All this with the stock 175 MRF ZV2K tyres. Imagine what a 185 and soft compound tyre would do.

Such luxuries are never possible in the Ecosport. I would doubt whether the Ka sedan will have such stability. Then why? "trendy" comes the reason. These and such other intangibles associated when living with a woman causes miseries that even Ervamatin can't reverse.
ramzsys is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 12:55   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post

Such luxuries are never possible in the Ecosport. I would doubt whether the Ka sedan will have such stability. Then why? "trendy" comes the reason. These and such other intangibles associated when living with a woman causes miseries that even Ervamatin can't reverse.
I just can't stop laughing to your statement sir!!!
I for now have decided to stick to my current Fiesta mainly for financial reasons.This is until the long term maintenance costs creep up
Old 11th June 2015, 23:39   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
For example, in the 1.4 tdci fiesta, when i will be all over the road zip zapping the 2 lane highway, she will be applying nail polish in her own slow motion style. When taking the hair pin bends when climbing up to Ooty, she was applying jam on the bread.
Well Ramzsys, should I be taking this literally?? I have seen guys shaving with their shaver while also driving in the butter smooth roads in US - but in India, in zip-zapping 2 lanes and twisties, I guess you bring these analogies to state the point. I have never driven a Ford but have had a ride in it many a times - and Yes, they ride really well - but yours seem to be an over-statement

By the way, does she keep the nail polish bottle / jam bottle on top of the dashboard itself?? Just kidding sir

To be serious, I feel the newer cars will have a diluted DNA compared to the older ones and it will be tough to expect that kind of a ride in the new Figo and Aspire.
Old 12th June 2015, 00:31   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
To be serious, I feel the newer cars will have a diluted DNA compared to the older ones and it will be tough to expect that kind of a ride in the new Figo and Aspire.
Why? Care to explain?
Old 12th June 2015, 00:46   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
Why? Care to explain?
Because, I have traveled in the current Figo and found its ride to be not so comfortable overall. The DNA is already being diluted by the EPS compared to the HPS in prevois generation cars. Ecosport's steering is light in the highways and that is not a Ford trait, isi it? This observation combined with the not so comfortable ride in the Figo made me feel that the newer Ford cars are leaving behind their DNA in the newer cars. I know the steering weighs well in the Fiesta but since they have compromised in Ecosport, they have a good probability to do that in Aspire - as it will be more of a mass market car compared to Fiesta and the mass market prefers it light. My opinion in the post was based on all this. Does this answer your question?

By the way, I guess I am entitled to my opinion based on my experiences and free to post them in an open forum. If you note, I have clearly mentioned that it is my opinion and I am not trying to state it as a fact (as many others do). Peace!!
Old 12th June 2015, 09:17   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Does this answer your question?
Yes, it does. Thanks you.
Quote:
By the way, I guess I am entitled to my opinion based on my experiences and free to post them in an open forum. If you note, I have clearly mentioned that it is my opinion and I am not trying to state it as a fact (as many others do). Peace!!
Of course, you are. And when you say something in a forum like this, you also want to be understood by others and I was merely curious about your reasoning. No malice intended.
prakash_ajp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2015, 10:07   #372
BHPian

The Figo Aspire has so much potential to be a car that sets the cash registers ringing for Ford. The competition is going to be tough by the likes of the Swift Dzire (the sales king), the Zest (the new impressive kid), Amaze (the flamboyant one) and the Xcent (the all rounder).

What could the Aspire's selling point be for it to be the best? The Zest came with an amazing interior and surprisingly good dynamics. While the Aspire might not surpass the Zest for interior design, it can surely surpass the Zest's dynamics. Also, its 6 airbag safety kit can win many people over. I wonder how good the new petrol engine will be in terms of performance. Can anyone provide details of the petrol, please?

OT, I would have really liked Ford to have named the Aspire as 'Ford Ikon'. I mean whenever anyone brings up a topic of the Ford Ikon, people would generally have generous opinions of the car. The Ikon still has a snob value and reputation which can easily reach out to people. The Ikon badge can suit this sedan really well. I admired how Hyundai paid a small tribute to the discontinued Accent car (terrific car back in the day) by naming their compact sedan as the Xcent. I feel Ford could have used the Ikon badge here. May be I am wrong, but as a previous owner of the Ikon, this idea just struck me.
karthick_b is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2015, 14:01   #373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthick_b View Post
The Figo Aspire has so much potential to be a car that sets the cash registers ringing for Ford. The competition is going to be tough by the likes of the Swift Dzire (the sales king), the Zest (the new impressive kid), Amaze (the flamboyant one) and the Xcent (the all rounder).
As much as I will like this to be true I doubt Ford's capability in managing large sales. They had an ideal case with Ecosport with huge demand and no real competition per se and they royally messed it up with 6-12 months wait despite showing montly sales of less than 4K units. In sub 4M sedans there are already very strong products out there like Dzire, Xcent and Ford is surely facing an uphill task on this one. I dont believe 6 air bags is going to help them. Majority of Dzire/Xcent sales dont come from top end models with all safety features. unfortunate but true and a strong reason to make abs/airbags mandatory

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th June 2015 at 14:05. Reason: Fixing quotes.
Old 12th June 2015, 14:33   #374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthick_b View Post

OT, I would have really liked Ford to have named the Aspire as 'Ford Ikon'. I mean whenever anyone brings up a topic of the Ford Ikon, people would generally have generous opinions of the car. The Ikon still has a snob value and reputation which can easily reach out to people. The Ikon badge can suit this sedan really well. I admired how Hyundai paid a small tribute to the discontinued Accent car (terrific car back in the day) by naming their compact sedan as the Xcent. I feel Ford could have used the Ikon badge here. May be I am wrong, but as a previous owner of the Ikon, this idea just struck me.
Please no! I don't want my Ikon's badge on this car. Ikon represented a wrong market interpretation by Ford and enthusiasts loved the mistake. Similarly, the Zen badge was ruined by Maruti on the Estilo.

On the otherhand, there is no snob value of the Ikon brand in the mind of the common man, most people associate the brand to be non fuel efficient and high on maintenance costs, though the perception could be different from reality.
1100D is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2015, 15:17   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Attachment 1378459

Both images given are of the Petrol engine
Who are they fooling? Ford knows that the general public won't be able to distinguish between the image of their Diesel engine and their Petrol engine. Why not give the image of the actual 1.5 TDCI motor than show the picture of a Petrol motor and label it as Diesel 1.5 TDCI?
Both are the pics of same engine, only they are shown from opposite angles.

1.5 TDCi is SOHC whereas this engine shown in pic is having DOHC layout, Plastic intake manifold(reminiscent of Duratec petrol engine), absence of Turbocharger, Common-rail pump, different Camshaft ending layout.

BTW, there are lots of pics of Ford Figo Aspire Diesel engine across the auto websites, in which differences can be seen clearly.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks