Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2015, 18:45   #451
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire

When will Ford move beyond 14" wheels? AT with 1.5L petrol sounds awesome and will be a hoot to drive in this car with low kerb weight. If they offer same level of safety equipments as the Ecosport Automatic, it will be considered by many as an alternative to Jazz/GT.

Even the 1.2P seems at par with the competition now. Hopefully they will launch the car soon. Been ages since the data about the car was released; wonder what Ford are waiting for.
Old 12th July 2015, 18:47   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
I think there might be some confusion regarding the statement on NCAP crash test. Shapur Kotwal (of Autocar) was referring to the CURRENT Figo when he tweeted that it passed the NCAP crash test at 56 kmph without airbags. Seems like they are mistakenly attributing it to the Figo Aspire in this article.
The autocar review's statement on the car feeling lighter/less solidly built as other ford cars is a bit disconcerting. I hope Ford goes for voluntary NCAP testing for the Aspire and advertises the results. Specially with the 6 airbags, they should do this and have it as one of the focus areas of their marketing campaign

Welcome change to see both Ford and Hyundai focusing on the safety aspect. The Creta website starts with the mention of it's structural aspects
Old 12th July 2015, 19:12   #453
Distinguished - BHPian

The Figo Aspire's variant details, posted by Bertrand D'Souza of Overdrive.

2 Airbags standard across the range, but ABS+EBD limited to the Titanium models only.

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-cjtyobuucaeiwvm.jpg
Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-cjtyrbwuwai_r9.jpg

Bertrand D'Souza's Twitter
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2015, 21:29   #454
BHPian

Here are my thoughts on the looks of this car- the front of the car is absolutely stunning,but the rear is plain bland.Looks like the design team lost inspiration midway while creating this car.The chrome strip pasted on the rear looks like an afterthought.

If Ford is serious about this car, they would need to improve their sales and marketing. A few years back I had entered my details on the Ford's website requesting a test ride for the Figo.I never got any response.Needless to say I did not buy the car.
Old 12th July 2015, 22:13   #455
BHPian

Oh oh! I see that AT variant doesn't get curtain airbags!

So there still isn't a (close to) perfect car that I "Aspire"
RavSam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2015, 22:33   #456
BHPian

The Ambiente base trim gets dual airbags and front power windows. Considering that it is expected to be priced on par with the Polo trend line, the Figo Aspire will be a great buy! I would prefer airbags over ABS anyways and the other features are just wants which can be added later if required.

Last edited by Ragavsr : 12th July 2015 at 22:45.
Old 12th July 2015, 22:59   #457
Distinguished - BHPian

So, what are the additions in Titanium+ over Titanium. From the brochure, I could make out below stuffs;

1. Side & Curtain airbags
2. Sync
3. CD/MP3 Player
4. Ford MyKey
5. MID Screen (?)
6. Emergency Assistance (?)

Overall, quite an impressive product. But I doubt it's fate. Would love to see it successful as others will be forced to raise the bar. And yes, pricing is the key. If Ford manages to price Titanium+ head on with Dzire Z variant, we'll get a hang of the profit Maruti is making on the car.

If the reviews are honest, then I just changed/upgraded my preference in the C-Sedan segment to Aspire from Zest!!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 12th July 2015 at 23:02.
Old 12th July 2015, 23:07   #458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
So, what are the additions in Titanium+ over Titanium. From the brochure, I could make out below stuffs;
More than the Titanium+, it is the base and the mid models which are loaded and will take the fight to the Dzire/Zest/Xcent/Amaze. If the Ambiente is priced on par with Dzire LDI/ Amaze E then it's a no Brainerd to go for the Aspire if one is interested in safety features. If the Titanium + is launched at say a 30-40k premium over Titanium like the Ecosport initially was, then it might generate demand.
However, I expect Ford to restrict the supply of Titanium + like they did with the Ecosport which is quite sad��

Last edited by ampere : 12th July 2015 at 23:20. Reason: Removed bulk of quoted post
Old 12th July 2015, 23:18   #459
Distinguished - BHPian

Only one AT variant and it is the titanium and not titanium +. That is a little disappointing. Expected a top end AT like the Ecosport. Guess it the trade off of providing the 1.5 lt engine with the AT. They could have still provided it even if the price was on the higher side.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2015, 23:28   #460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
Oh oh! I see that AT variant doesn't get curtain airbags!

So there still isn't a (close to) perfect car that I "Aspire"

This is disappointing 😡 i was having very high expectations here. I guess we can now expect extremely good pricing, but they lost many prospective customers who wanted "all features" like me.
raghav135 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 07:41   #461
Team-BHP Support

So the weird variant definition from Ford continues. Even if you go from the top-end variant, you cannot get the full safety suite. Wonder if it's that a big challenge to have ESP on ford MT models in India?
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 07:53   #462
Senior - BHPian

Well.. After studying all variants the most VFM seems to be the titanium one. Titanium + makes sense only if one needs to get the additional 4 airbags. Extra safety doesn't hurts. All depends about the pricing now. If there is just a 40-50k difference between the two then it makes sense to get titanium+. If Ford prices it anywhere near the Zest I am sold on this.

Any clue when will be the pricing revealed? Any birdie news as of now on dis?
Old 13th July 2015, 08:05   #463
Distinguished - BHPian

So the Product Planners have decided that Black Interiors are so irrelevant in India to not even given them as an option. Hope it at least makes an entrance in the hatch version.
Old 13th July 2015, 08:41   #464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
So the Product Planners have decided that Black Interiors are so irrelevant in India to not even given them as an option. Hope it at least makes an entrance in the hatch version.
They give what the market demands. People regard beige interiors as premium. In reality it's such a pain to maintain. Both our cars have beige interiors and I simple hate it. Specially the seats need to be cleaned every week.

Black interiors should come as an option with every car for buyers like me who give preference to convenience than looking pseudo premium.

The only positive is beige makes the cabin more pleasing and spacious than black which sometimes gives a claustrophobic feeling.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 08:49   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
They give what the market demands. People regard beige interiors as premium. In reality it's such a pain to maintain. Both our cars have beige interiors and I simple hate it. Specially the seats need to be cleaned every week.

Black interiors should come as an option with every car for buyers like me who give preference to convenience than looking pseudo premium.

The only positive is beige makes the cabin more pleasing and spacious than black which sometimes gives a claustrophobic feeling.
A bit but I think this is where Hyundai nails it. They provide beige panels at 'apt' places and keep the contact areas in black or other darker shade. While other cars have gone from black to beige, the Elantra went the other way. Shows how Hyundai people actually think 'an extra bit' when it comes to interior color combo.
RavSam is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed