Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-fordfigoaspirecolours.jpg

Accessories
Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-fordfigoaccessories.jpg

MyFord Dock/SYNC with AppLink
Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-fordfigoaspiremydock.jpg

Ford MyKey
Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-fordfigoaspiremykey.jpg

First-Look Video

Last edited by RavenAvi : 13th July 2015 at 09:23.
RavenAvi is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 10:00   #467
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
So, what are the additions in Titanium+ over Titanium. From the brochure, I could make out below stuffs;

1. Side & Curtain airbags
2. Sync
3. CD/MP3 Player
4. Ford MyKey
5. MID Screen (?)
6. Emergency Assistance (?)
Based on the clearer images posted by RavenAvi, In addition to above, I see leather upholstery only on the Titanium+, Mid screen is a 2 line mid vs 4.2 on the Titanium+ (whatever that means)

Personally, The MyFord Dock/App Sync looks like a nice feature which I would miss if going for Titanium (Wonder if it is possible to do it as an additional accessory). Mid Screen, Emergency Assistance, CD/MP3 player are not deal breakers.

On the side and curtain airbags, am in two minds. An Airbag is a supplementary restraint system and works as intended when the passengers are belted up. In our country, getting the front passenger to wear the seat-belt itself is a big thing. Rear seat belt wearing is pretty much non existent.

If the rear passengers are not belted will the 4 additional airbags do more harm than good?
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 10:18   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Personally, The MyFord Dock/App Sync looks like a nice feature which I would miss if going for Titanium (Wonder if it is possible to do it as an additional accessory). Mid Screen, Emergency Assistance, CD/MP3 player are not deal breakers.

On the side and curtain airbags, am in two minds.
MyFord Dock is in fact present in Titanium but not in the T Plus. Think it means in the Titanium we would be able to dock our phone whereas in T Plus that would not be the case since it has a bigger screen display.

Personally I think this works perfectly as my Phone apps and functions are way ahead of anything any of the other car manufacturers offer (at least till the D segment cars, don't know about the land rovers and the Jaguars, etc).
Old 13th July 2015, 10:36   #469
BHPian

Here you go.

Variant wise comparison.
  1. Ambiente vs Trend
    Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-aspire-01-ambiente-vs-trend.jpg
  2. Trend vs Titanium
    Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-aspire-02-trend-vs-titanium.jpg
  3. Titanium vs Titanium+
    Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-aspire-03-titanium-vs-titanium.jpg

Attached the Features List as Excel for any other customized comparison.

Note: Please note that the features list are manually entered into the Excel using the Variant images shared in Rushlane website. (Refer RavenAvi's post above). There could be typos. Please let me know if you notice any. The official features list may vary slightly at the time of launch.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx Ford Aspire - Variants.xlsx (18.0 KB, 658 views)

Last edited by mrbaddy : 13th July 2015 at 10:56. Reason: Correction in Titanium vs Titanium+ comparison
mrbaddy is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 11:37   #470
BHPian

There was a Ford Aspire car display on Thane(West) Viviana Mall in weekend. When I checked the launch date with the Sales guys, they informed me August 1st week, they are planning to announce the price list. It come with 1200 cc engine with manual and 1500 cc engine with Automatic.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 13th July 2015 at 11:39. Reason: Edited post to remove font tags.
Old 13th July 2015, 12:07   #471
BHPian

I am still to find the review or driving impressions of the 1.5L dual clutch Automatic. Has anyone come across one yet and can share a link?
Old 13th July 2015, 12:37   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashua View Post
I am still to find the review or driving impressions of the 1.5L dual clutch Automatic. Has anyone come across one yet and can share a link?
I have been interested in the same but looks like Ford has kind of sidelined the 1.5 AT version based on the assumption that budget buyers would not be keen on the expensive 1.5 AT version. In my opinion, Ford should be pushing the 1.5 AT more in the petrol as more people today are looking at the convenience of auto. Look at Honda, when they launched City, their marketing was slightly more focused on CVT version than the MT version.
Old 13th July 2015, 12:48   #473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
I have been interested in the same but looks like Ford has kind of sidelined the 1.5 AT version based on the assumption that budget buyers would not be keen on the expensive 1.5 AT version. In my opinion, Ford should be pushing the 1.5 AT more in the petrol as more people today are looking at the convenience of auto. Look at Honda, when they launched City, their marketing was slightly more focused on CVT version than the MT version.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashua View Post
You can take a look at the teambhp review for Ecosport 1.5AT. This engine should work better in the Aspire since its kerb weight is low.

I am happy to see ESP, TCS, HLA included in it. Also the price will be less as it doesn't have the side/curtain airbags in the AT version.

Will help the pricing as well since Ecosport costs north of 10L for the Automatic even though it falls under the 4M category.
Old 13th July 2015, 12:48   #474
Senior - BHPian

Seems like a very good package from Ford but this car lacks an USP (leaving aside the additional airbags for the top variant).
The biggest issue with this car is the bland design - just looks very plain and boring. Particularly, the side profile and the rear looks too simplistic.
Also, the puny 14" tires even on the top variant is a bummer.

But if Ford manages to undercut the competition (in price vs features, not necessarily the price only), then it can do decent numbers.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 12:56   #475
BHPian

I think the media drives are happening (or did happen) in Udaipur.
Old 13th July 2015, 13:17   #476
BHPian

How much of an automatic 1.5 Ford aspire will be , if the ecosport AT is @10 lakhs?
Old 13th July 2015, 15:09   #477
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Those 14" wheels do look a bit small on the car, especially at the rear. They could have used 185/60 R15 tyres on the Titanium & Titanium+ variants, instead of these 175/65 R14 ones.

Another issue is with parking assist features. Even the top Titanium+ does not get rear parking sensors or parking camera. For a car so well-loaded with safety features, at least parking sensors could have been provided on the Titanium variants.

The rear bumper is also a bit too thin for my liking. A high quality deep black or carbon fibre look-alike strip would have looked nicer than the chrome one to break the monotony of the boot-lid's metal mass. The very useful temperature gauge is also missing.

The DCT 'box & 1.5 Ti-VCT could have also been offered on the Titanium+ trim level.

All this is just nit-picking on my part!

Ford are offering rear parking sensors & parking camera with display (& also GPS navigation display) on an electro-chromic IRVM as genuine accessories. Tyres (& wheels) can easily be upgraded by those who want to do so. That chrome strip can be wrapped away if one doesn't like it. And the EcoSport is always there for those who want 6 airbags along with the DCT.

Ford have managed to get almost everything spot on with their new entrant into the sub-4m compact sedan space!

The 1.2 Ti-VCT and 1.5 TDCi have morphed into different beasts from the look of things. Reviewers are all praise for the 1.5 TDCi which now churns out 100 horses, and it looks like the 1.2 Ti-VCT has got its low and mid range torque delivery spot on. On top of it, the diesel MT and petrol AT have the highest power-to-weight ratios in the segment. This car could turn out to spell f-u-n in this price range!

It sure spells S-A-F-E unlike any other in this price range, or even higher! 2 airbags standard even on the base variant, 6 on the top one, ABS on the top two, and ESP+TC+HLA on the DCT. A programmable key to prevent speeding by the non-owner is very welcome. It's also got height adjustable neck restraints standard at the front and rear, even on the base variant!

This is one car whose base variant I'd whole-heartedly recommend to anyone, and wouldn't mind buying myself. The base Ambiente has got all the essentials I require - engine immobiliser, front power windows (with driver auto up/down), central locking with keyless entry, height adjustable front & rear neck restraints, driver & passenger airbag, variable intermittent wipers and more. Only front fog lamps and Bluetooth-enabled music system are needed as accessories, along with either parking sensors or rear view camera.

The next Trend variant does get front fog lamps, Bluetooth-enabled music system with steering mounted controls, smartphone dock, rear arm-rest, electrically adjustable mirrors, rear defogger and some more. It only requires parking sensors or rear camera as accessories.

The Titanium gets ABS (with EBD), electrically (adjustable &) retractable mirrors, climate control, driver's seat height adjust and more stuff. And the Titanium+ offers the unparalleled surround-safety that can only come with 6 airbags! It also gets the MySync with emergency assistance (notification to emergency responders with GPS location, although India is yet to mature to this level).

As I keep saying, Ford have got almost everything completely right with the Aspire. Now all that remains is the price, and I get the feeling they will pull a rabbit out of the hat, even after considering the base variant is properly equipped.

I feel so glad for Ford. They're one car maker who genuinely deserve to do better in terms of monthly sales, than they're doing now. Most of it was their own fault.

However, all that is the past. Ford have learnt from their mistakes, have put in genuine hard-work to understand the market needs, make the necessary corrections, and have done a seriously commendable job with the specifications and feature spread across variants.

Bring it on, Ford! What are you waiting for? The Aspire is going to shake up the compact sedan market for good! And if the same engine specifications and variants' safety feature spread are retained for the Figo hatchback, then there's no stopping Ford. At all.

The Blue Oval is getting ready to strongly propel itself into the big league!

Last edited by RSR : 13th July 2015 at 15:39.
RSR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 19:10   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Much clearer images of the official Figo Aspire brochure, courtesy Rush Lane:

Technical Specs + Variant-wise features
Was reading the economic times review (link:- http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/48047874.cms) which mentioned airbags and abs standard for all models, was elated very much.

But then got deflated after reading your post, no airbags and abs as standard for all models.

Nikhil
Old 13th July 2015, 20:26   #479
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
But then got deflated after reading your post, no airbags and abs as standard for all models.

Nikhil
2 Airbags are standard across all variants. ABS is present only in the top 2 variants. Of course, only the top variant gets 6 airbags.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 20:29   #480
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
.....But then got deflated after reading your post, no airbags and abs as standard for all models.

Nikhil
The front airbags are standard on all models while only the Titanium+ gets side airbags. ABS is available on top 2 variants.
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed