Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2015, 23:23   #556
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Ford have updated the Aspire site with the following information:
Why can't these guys double check it before releasing? They have copy-pasted the same thing from Titanium 1.2 to Titanium+ 1.2 (2 airbags)
theredliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2015, 00:59   #557
BHPian

It has been a while since I owned the Ikon. While the interiors left much to be desired, driving a 1.6 liter Petrol was fun. I look forward to the Aspire. No one is going to shake Suzuki's absolute dominance in this segment - but it is nice to see everyone try.
Old 25th July 2015, 01:35   #558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
I do not see much difference in the pricing even though the Fiesta Classic is not sub 4-m whereas the Dzire is sub 4-m.

At the moment i am unable to guess how much the sub 4-m tax advantage they can pass on to customers but assume its 30k per variant at least ( more is welcome Ford)
You are correct on one thing Observer, Aspire will definitely have the 4m advantage. However, to expect it to be priced (and that too 30k) below Classic just because of the 4m tax advantage might not be very wise.

To be fair, Classic is an old car - a very old car built on an old platform with very less equipment. Aspire on the other hand is a car built on a new platform and is very well loaded and has safety features no other car in this segment (and even one segment above) has. I am pretty sure Ford arrive at the introductory price very sensibly unlike the Hondas and Hyundais. They can anyways hike it once the demand soars (something not unfamiliar to them) At the maximum, IMO, we can expect Ford to price this car similar to the Classic or at 10-15k premium to the Classic.
Vigkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2015, 07:52   #559
BHPian

Received call from the dealer and I was told that the launch is on 27th July and bookings will begin on the same date. It seems that the dealers are miscommunicated or they are miscommunicating.

Anyway, will wait for the official confirmation from Ford.
Old 25th July 2015, 12:05   #560
BHPian

Somebody please tell me that it is copy paste error, the 1.5 petrol is shown with same torque as 1.2 petrol and in higher rpm!!Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-imageuploadedbyteambhp1437806095.200628.jpg
raghav135 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2015, 12:42   #561
BHPian

^^ Go back a page or two in this thread to find snaps of the Aspire's brochure that were taken during the media drive, I believe those specifications are accurate. The website seems to be getting updated for Monday (?) launch.
Old 26th July 2015, 10:24   #562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
I think you mean 12.00 PM?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
I guess you meant to say 26/07/2015
My Bad not sure what was thinking. You are right its on 26/07/2015 . 12 PM was only my guess as the showroom launch is at 4:00PM.
I got whatsapp from cauvery ford Mangalore as well indicating launch would be on Sunday. Quite surprised.
Old 26th July 2015, 11:00   #563
Distinguished - BHPian

Streaming link for the launch? Unable to find one anywhere including the aspire webpage
Old 26th July 2015, 15:00   #564
BHPian

Car is available at Ford showrooms from today and the official launch is in August 2nd week. I have booked a Titanium AT hoping the pricing is competitive. It misses Sync, Curtain Airbags, Multi Function Display, Leather seats, Push button start, Ford My Key compared to Titanium+. Unlike Ecosport, the list of differences is long between Titanium & Titanium+. If the price difference is similar to Ecosport, I would cancel the booking. I was surprised to see the missing footfalls. The customer attendance in the showroom today was for Figo and Ecosport despite Ford sending SMS to the prospective customers on the soft launch.

Alloy wheels looks puny and really sad and so does the average looking instrument cluster. That said, I am hoping to see a good pricing which would help me overlook the negatives.

Last edited by Eddy : 26th July 2015 at 16:34. Reason: Corrected typo.
vinu99@gmail.co is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th July 2015, 15:53   #565
Distinguished - BHPian

Live update of the Figo Aspire model on display today. It appears that this is the rebirth of the Ikon in a more modern and practical form. As per information the manual petrol is a 1.2 litre engine tuned for more torque and practicality than the last gen Figo. The automatic however seems to be the 1.5 litre engine and the price should easily breach the 10L mark if its the top spec. The staff have absolutely no idea of the prices and that's a good thing, as it will not result in misinformed bookings. Test drives should start from next week onwards so you can expect a driving experience opinion in August.

The interiors are a big step up visually from the existing Figo, no comparison at all. The beige interiors give a sense of space & practicality. The panels fit/finish are satisfactory but not the best. The plastics are hard & textured giving a slight rough finish. Space is satisfactory for 4 people. It looks vfm but expect prices to be substantially higher than old Figo due to its features, specially the engines with displacement above 1.2L. It should improve Ford's sales to an extent. More later.
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2015, 16:05   #566
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
August 2nd week perhaps ?
August 2nd week it is.

Just back from a quick look at the Aspire. The red looks really good but I think that this car in black/blue (remember the ikon in blue? ) will really turn heads. All the online reviews have pretty much covered most of the positives about the car but want to add a few of points that stood out for me

The display car was the titanium 1.2L petrol and all below points are based on that

Positives:
- The interiors look very good and art leather seats are very comfortable. The all beige interiors will be very hard to keep clean especially for families with kids
- Seat height adjust has a long range and even I could find a comfortable position (6ft and 100+ kgs)
- When the front seat is set to my driving position, I can just about sit in the back seat. Should be a comfy fit for people who are less than 5.8 and not on the heavier side
- Storage space below the ACC unit has a premium feel rubberised finish. No banging and scratching of the mobile phone
- Doors feel good and shut very well
- Height adjustable seat belts
- Plastics on the dash look and feel very good and the knurled knobs on the ACC feel good to use
- Alloys look good with a matte silver finish and were shod with Apollo Amzer 3G tyres

What could be better:
- Back seat is not very wide. Will easily fit 2 people like me but fitting 3 normal sized people might be little difficult
- No scuff plates even on the titanium. When I stepped out of the car, my feet brushed the beige flooring where there should have been a scuff plate. Long run, its going to get real dirty if you don’t get good dark coloured scuff plates
- No push button start for the top end petrol. SA mentioned that the titanium+ diesel will get this
- Head room in the rear bench for anyone who is 6ft or more is going to be very limited
- Glove box in on the smaller side (as compared to my wagon R) and is not cooled
- Did not see beading on the door. I expect wind/road noise will not be very controlled (or maybe this was a showroom car and ford decided to skimp on these for demo cars)
- Boot feels very light and the boot light seems a little weak. Boot opening keyhole looks out of place
- No rear parking sensors/camera.Will be available as accessories
- No engine guard though the SA did mention that there will be a 12-15mm thick "board" that will protect the engine. Similar to the cladding under the bonnet.Not sure what this is & was unable to see this under the car

Was pushing the SA for a price range and after 20 minutes & with a lot of reluctance he admitted that Ford has communicated a guidance of 9.5-9.8 Lacs OTR Bangalore for the Titanium diesel. A 1.5L ford diesel with close to 100Bhp on tap with an OTR of less than 10 Lacs sounds like a great proposition. Hope Ford does keep it to the 9 lac range and not pull a creta a la hyundai

Last edited by procrj : 26th July 2015 at 16:21.
procrj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th July 2015, 23:30   #567
BHPian

I like everything about this car but:

Yesterday I went to a friends home whom I had recommended the Ford Ecosport and they bought it.
But now they say that the maintenance cost is high!
They like the looks, features and GC of the car but not happy with the service cost and engine noise and over-all plastic quality.

That has got me worried.

Is that really true?
I still think the Aspire is the Best in the segment followed by the Tata Zest.
Old 26th July 2015, 23:38   #568
BHPian

I know a few people who are owning Ecosport and Figo and they say that maintenance costs are high for both vehicles especially if you have the diesel versions.
Old 26th July 2015, 23:57   #569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
I........he segment followed by the Tata Zest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pranjal1984 View Post
I kn......ons.
I have driven my Figo for close to 70K in 3 years and the services usually cost around 4 to 5 thousand every 10,000 Kms. I cannot speak for the Ecosport but the Figo is certainly not prohibitively expensive to maintain.
Old 27th July 2015, 00:34   #570
BHPian

I second that being ecosport owner it is indeed on the higher side of maintenance
May be I'm unlucky I have lost my RH mirror thrice or rather stolen I must say and also good year tyre being torn twice
Not to mention of late I'm encountering lot of body roll and thud sound from suspension had told service guys but it still remains the same
At times I feel did I do a mistake
I did a round trip from Bangalore to Hyderabad 1200 kms I drove the entire journey I felt very uncomfortable throughout the journey had done the same trip in my Fabia it was so much fun and least tiring
Overall fuel economy was also not great just 14kmpl though I'm a very sedate driver
It's struck me has the time come to change the car ???
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks