Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2015, 20:28   #646
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
There is just one more day to go for the launch of this very important model for Ford India.

Considering how well the Figo Aspire is loaded, especially the top trim level's 6 airbags, which happens to be a very welcome segment first among C1 sedans (both sub-4m & 4m+), one should not and cannot expect Ford to undercut the competition. Even the base trim level happens to be quite well loaded with 2 airbags, front & rear height adjustable neck restraints, remote keyless entry and more. There is absolutely no way the Figo Aspire is going to get a starting price cheaper than the bare-bones entry variants of some competing cars.

I think the Team-BHP review is already complete, and it will make its appearance tomorrow as soon as the prices are announced! This thread may have lost its buzz, but tomorrow is going to be Ford's day on Team-BHP!
Totally agree. The compact sedan segment is growing rapidly in India and will continue to do so for the foreseeable. With the full size sedans going well north of 10L and the continuous increase in traffic congestion, more and more folks are going to prefer a compact sedan/premium hatch.

A very good job done by Ford to ensure that they are enabling several segment first features to make them stand out in a highly competitive segment.

Unfortunately, their marketing strategy seems a little strange and in addition, the Jazz, Creta, S Cross launches have taken the buzz away from the Aspire.

Hopefully it will launch tomorrow with a pricing that is a pleasant surprise and will get the attention it deserves.

The Zest had also launched with several segment firsts, but unfortunately has not got the success it deserves. Hope the Aspire will not go the same way.

Expecting the Team-Bhp review tomorrow as soon as the launch is done.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 22:20   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
Car looks decent except for crome strip on the back, is there a way to remove it?

Hopefully light weight does not translate into Maruti or Hyundai quality. German build would be highly appreciated!

Agree on the chrome strip. I hope there is a way to mask the strips if not remove it. It looks ugly
Old 11th August 2015, 22:42   #648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Unfortunately build quality is not that great. To me the doors and the overall build felt a little flimsy. Definitely not a German build and definitely not even the ecosport, fiesta build.

Interior quality and finish was pretty good. Expecting competitive pricing.
Since my return from Europe, I have been spoilt when it comes to build quality. Now whenever I step into any car my head says to me good luck sitting in that plastic box!

Earlier today saw Aspire on display, build was as bad as Amaze etc. We should start a petition demanding car companies to stop making plastic cars!
Old 11th August 2015, 22:47   #649
BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately build quality is not that great. To me the doors and the overall build felt a little flimsy. Definitely not a German build and definitely not even the ecosport, fiesta build.

Interior quality and finish was pretty good. Expecting competitive pricing.
Now that somewhat explains the price maybe? I was wondering how they managed such pricing (assuming it's true) with 6 airbags and other safety features.
Old 12th August 2015, 11:13   #650
Distinguished - BHPian

I initiated a chat on the Ford Website to see if there is any additional info about the launch today and the prices. Surprisingly this is what the agent had to say

"Thank you for your interest in the Aspire. The prices will be announced at the time of launch" Followed up with When is the launch today?. His response. "The launch date has not been finalized but is expected to happen very soon"

I am assuming an ill informed agent. Would have expected a customer agent manning the website chat help desk to know better. Or is it that the launch has been pushed?

Edit: As per Online Buzz, launch is definitely today- at 12:30 PM.

Came across this article

http://english.manoramaonline.com/bu...gineering.html

Some excerpts which point to Ford also embracing the cost cutting mentality to try to succeed and generate volumes.

Quote:
Ford Motor Co plans to use the low-cost techniques it learned in India to develop compact models for other emerging markets, executives said, copying a strategy used by the Asian rivals that outsell it in the world's fifth largest auto market.
Quote:
We are being challenged to find engineering solutions at lower costs than we have traditionally been able to do," John Lonsdale, head of Ford's B-car program in Asia Pacific, told Reuters in a recent interview in Rajasthan’s Udaipur city.
"This market, probably even more than Brazil, is demanding cost strategies and cost structures that are lower than anywhere else," he said.
Quote:
Ford did not say how much the Aspire would cost ahead of its launch, but executives said that 80 per cent of the car had been made locally to keep the price low.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 12th August 2015 at 11:23.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 11:15   #651
BHPian

Livestreaming link for Aspire's launch given in Ford India's twitter page.

https://www.facebook.com/FordIndia/a...=page_internal

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayvelprakash View Post
I checked Ford India's website this morning to find official information about Aspire's launch. Surprisingly, their website did not have any information about Aspire's launch. The news in the air is Aspire will be launched on 12th Aug and isn't it weird that their website is still not updated (with less than a day for the launch). I had an online chat in Ford's website and I have been told that the Aspire will be launched very soon but the actual date is yet to be revealed!!!
Quote:
Is the launch actually happening today.

I initiated a chat on the Ford Website to see if there is any additional info about the launch today and the prices. Surprisingly this is what the agent had to say

"Thank you for your interest in the Aspire. The prices will be announced at the time of launch"

Followed up with When is the launch today?.

His response. "The launch date has not been finalized but is expected to happen very soon"

I am assuming an ill informed agent. Would have expected a customer agent manning the website chat help desk to know better.

Or is it that the launch has been pushed?
You have received the same response as what I had yesterday. I don't think the launch is pushed because Ford India's twitter page has given a link for livestreaming of Aspire's price announcement.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th August 2015 at 11:29. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your post within the 30 minute edit window to add/edit your posts.
vijayvelprakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 12:20   #652
Senior - BHPian

I visited Vibrant Ford dealership yesterday, saw the car in person, and was given a detailed tour of the same. Compared to the pictures, the car looks well proportioned and much better in person. And if the car is built to a cost and priced appropriately then its worth it is what it felt. The interiors, features and other aspects may not be top notch compared to its rivals (keeping the pricing out for now) but its not in way lesser/lower quality in comparison to its rivals. A comprehensive report should be available to us once the test drives and ownership reports pour in.

The pricing is to be announced today at around 12:30PM the SA called me 10mins ago and asked to attend the announcement event at their dealership. So, possibly we might have all over internet by tomorrow.

Also in the following pic, the accessories mentioned are the similar ones on the I20 and others, if these are either standard or add-on ford accessories, then the features list is all most on par with the competition. A thumbs up for Ford for these.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-20150812_122258.jpg  

Last edited by rider60 : 12th August 2015 at 12:30.
rider60 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 12:28   #653
BHPian

I happened to pass by Chennai Ford and they had over 5 cars, looks like they may even start the delivery soon. The car looks best in red, white was okayish.Gold was similar to i10 orange. Waiting to see the Grey as someone mentioned it will look better.
Old 12th August 2015, 12:42   #654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayvelprakash View Post
Livestreaming link for Aspire's launch given in Ford India's twitter page.
Another 15 odd minutes to go. What is the opinion in general - if one were considering a Jazz/i20 petrol should one also consider this car? I'm asking this for my uncle who wants a smaller car but spacious one. He previously drove a petrol Verna (2009) mid-variant that didn't have much other than the AC and power windows as far as features go. If priced well I'll tell him to check it out too.
Old 12th August 2015, 13:03   #655
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Edit: As per Online Buzz, launch is definitely today- at 12:30 PM.
Well, it's 1:00 p.m. already, and it hasn't started yet. The streaming link still shows one of the Figo Aspire ads.

I don't understand why the "show" hasn't started. The Americans are usually very punctual in such things. Have they also started following IST a.k.a. Indian Stretchable Time?
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 13:04   #656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Another 15 odd minutes to go. What is the opinion in general - if one were considering a Jazz/i20 petrol should one also consider this car? I'm asking this for my uncle who wants a smaller car but spacious one. He previously drove a petrol Verna (2009) mid-variant that didn't have much other than the AC and power windows as far as features go. If priced well I'll tell him to check it out too.
Jazz would offer easier ingress due to its height and lot more space as compared to Aspire. Features and finish may be a tad less than Aspire. Drive comfort Aspire would win hands down.
Chillout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 13:09   #657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
Jazz would offer easier ingress due to its height and lot more space as compared to Aspire. Features and finish may be a tad less than Aspire. Drive comfort Aspire would win hands down.
+

Sales person indicated that Aspire will under cut Jazz pricing by 1 lakh. Let us wait and see what Ford is up to.
Old 12th August 2015, 13:17   #658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
if one were considering a Jazz/i20 petrol should one also consider this car?.
I am one in that list and yet to make my decision. If priced competitively then Ford will have a winner.
vijayvelprakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 13:22   #659
BHPian

Quote:
Well, it's 1:00 p.m. already, and it hasn't started yet. The streaming link still shows one of the Figo Aspire ads.

I don't understand why the "show" hasn't started. The Americans are usually very punctual in such things. Have they also started following IST a.k.a. Indian Stretchable Time?
I am not sure why the link is not working. But the twitter page is getting updated with information and announcement as it is happening...
vijayvelprakash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 13:23   #660
BHPian

Quote:

Prices starting 4.89L
vinu99@gmail.co is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks