Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2015, 16:00   #736
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
I really wonder if you have any personal grudge against Ford because you love to bash them in each and every thread. As soon as Ford launches a new product, you are the first one to predict that their product will be a dud. What can i say, Ford is a very small company globally and they definitely can not match the worldwide giants like Maruti who have a technological marvel in the form of Dzire, even 4-5k units a month for Aspire would be great for them.

Figo was a dud, Fiesta is a dud, Ecosport is a dud and would not matter if even Aspire is a dud , atleast the customers have more to choose from. Launching a 6 airbags clad car with a proper 1.5 diesel mill (not a small 1.1 or 1.3 diesel), balanced ride/handling, good feature set, 26 kmpl arai fe at the same price point at a top end Amaze is overpriced, which car is rightly priced then? Maybe S Cross or Creta.
Thanks for your kind words my friend. I really loved that

Coming back to the topic, I never said Ecosport will be dud or Figo will be dud, I said only for Fiesta and it is due to my own reasoning. And it did fail miserably in the market, isn't it? Its not the question of car is good or bad, company is good or bad. Question is will it get success in India? Will people accept it? Ford has lost its brand value in India, actually they never tried hard to make it like Maruti, Hyundai, Mahindra, Honda are doing. Every person has rights to express his opinions in this open forum, so I am expressing what i feel. Don't make it personal mate. No car will fail in market because i said it, right? So if you think its a very good car & will get huge success against all other cars, let it be, i don't mind at all. I dont have any issue with that. I will think that my guess was wrong, that's it. But if it fails please don't get frustrated, buy one for yourself and enjoy ride.
aniketi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 16:01   #737
BHPian

Excellent pricing! I dont think Ford had much choice too. It wouldnt want another Fiesta fiasco in its hands.
Recently,when I gave my Figo for service, my SA who had been to Sanand plant for Apsire training said the plant has more automation and manual handling is reduced. Hope that gives more consistency to the product and the cars will be free of rattles that abound in the Figo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The Titanium AT with 1.5Ti-VCT, 6 speed DSG.
I so badly want to see this engine and gearbox in the upcoming Figo hatch. Please Ford I am begging you to get this into the hatchback.
I am joining the beggar's queue! I have no use for the sedan. If they get such an AT hatch, out goes my wife's i10.
I am also begging for the steering feel of the Fiesta and not the Ecosport.
Deep Blue is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 16:03   #738
BHPian

Good pricing, but prospective buyers should be ready for a price hike and feature deletion after a couple of months just like the Ecosport
Old 12th August 2015, 16:08   #739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
I really wonder if you have any personal grudge against Ford because you love to bash them in each and every thread. As soon as Ford launches a new product, you are the first one to predict that their product will be a dud.

+1 to your point and that it looks like a publicity stunt. I remember he saying that fiesta will be a dud and indeed it is in sales charts. but he will never experience the bliss of driving a FIESTA

But the comments of his are welcome, since it highlights the number bhpians liking a car(any car not just ford) which really deserves a pat

Cheers
Self Driven is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 16:09   #740
Distinguished - BHPian

Guess people like me who desperately want to have AT figo are plenty. Yes, what AT options do we have for Missuses and our dads to drive?
Unsafe Alto , expensive Brio and Polo, uninvolving Micra, bland celerio and the not so popular Nano.

Figo AT will be as refreshing as the Creta in the SUV scene. Lets hope Ford gives an AT figo.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 16:10   #741
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
But if it fails please don't get frustrated, buy one for yourself and enjoy ride.
Thanks for clarifying. You expressed your opinion and i expressed mine, Fiesta is a dud and there are no two ways about it because it's shortcomings are major for Indian market. I call an ace an ace, not blindfolded by my love for a certain brand, there are many more factors which i look for when i buy a car, opinions from others is the least worrying for me.

Lets just keep it at that and discuss about the product, Ford has lost brand value or not will be shown by sales charts for future months. I love buying flop cars by the way and really do not get disappointed for sure , all high selling cars are either tin cans or have uninspiring dynamics, my taste does not match with Indian public, no qualms.

Mod Note: Let's move on now. Any more off-topic posts will be deleted.

Last edited by noopster : 12th August 2015 at 19:26. Reason: Refer mod note inline
coolboy007 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 16:18   #742
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally a pricing that seems to be making everyone happy. Good job done by Ford. The AT with a 1.5 engine and a DCT gear box at 7.8 L is superb value. The Amaze and Xcent are priced at almost the same levels for the top end AT, but with the 1.2 engine and less sophisticated gear boxes. So good job Ford.

Looking at the prices. The Titanium Petrol MT is 669,990 and the Titanium AT is 779,990. So a premium of 1.1 L for the bigger engine and DCT.

The Titanium+ petrol MT is 724990. So if they had offered a Titanium+ AT, it would have been 834990 which I feel is a very reasonable price for the AT variant with 6 airbags. Would have been still cheaper than the GT TSI and not too much more than the Jazz V CVT. Wonder why Ford did not offer that. Would have been a major USP in the AT space.
Rajeevraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 16:21   #743
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpiyengar View Post
How did you get 1.14lac difference Is it OTR ?
As per the figures it is 95K.

Trend: Rs. 6,76,990/-
Titanium: Rs. 7,69,990/-

Is it that 95K showroom translates to 1.14 OTR or it is 1.14 difference for Mumbai prices due to Octroi ?

Cheers
MKP
You are right, it is the OTR price difference. The ex-showroom price difference is 97K. Add 13.6K RTO registration charges difference and another 3.4K for the insurance, all these totaling upto 114K (or 1.14 lacs).

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-onroad-price-difference-central-mumbai.jpg

Last edited by AutoIndian : 12th August 2015 at 16:22.
Old 12th August 2015, 16:27   #744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Finally a pricing that seems to be making everyone happy. Good job done by Ford. The AT with a 1.5 engine and a DCT gear box at 7.8 L is superb value. The Amaze and Xcent are priced at almost the same levels for the top end AT, but with the 1.2 engine and less sophisticated gear boxes. So good job Ford.

Looking at the prices. The Titanium Petrol MT is 669,990 and the Titanium AT is 779,990. So a premium of 1.1 L for the bigger engine and DCT.

The Titanium+ petrol MT is 724990. So if they had offered a Titanium+ AT, it would have been 834990 which I feel is a very reasonable price for the AT variant with 6 airbags. Would have been still cheaper than the GT TSI and not too much more than the Jazz V CVT. Wonder why Ford did not offer that. Would have been a major USP in the AT space.
Hopefully Titanium+ AT will be available as special model, maybe Ford is saving it for later!

Coming back to my question from few days back, do you think 1.5L Ford+DCT will be as much fun to drive as Polo TSI or Vento TSI.

Will take a test drive but to all the DSG TSI owners what do you think?

Last edited by heydj : 12th August 2015 at 16:28.
Old 12th August 2015, 16:28   #745
BHPian

Yes, there are also many petrol-heads like me in the forum who want the 1.5L Petrol. Reliable DCT is icing on the cake. Finally an affordable alternative to DSG.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Guess people like me who desperately want to have AT figo are plenty.
Lets hope Ford gives an AT figo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
Coming back to my question from few days back, do you think 1.5L Ford+DCT will be as much fun to drive as Polo TSI or Vento TSI.

Will take a test drive but to all the DSG TSI owners what do you think?
What makes the DSG TSIs fun are the powerful turbo-petrols with good torque numbers. While the Aspire's 112PS beats Polo GT TSI's 105PS, it makes 136NM torque compared to 175NM of the GT TSI. But all said, only someone who has driven both over a time can make that judgement. Hope the Official Review will cover this.

Last edited by jetti : 12th August 2015 at 16:35.
jetti is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 16:29   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
Is it just me or the pricing of automatic variant is quite competitive. DCT technology with 6 airbags at 7.79 L.

DSG in Polo TSI starts at 8.5L. So considering everything not bad at all, Ford deserves a pat on the back for AT cost.
The auto variant comes with two airbags only. It is offered in Titanium trim only.

BTW guys, if someone like me who already owns a Ford is considering an auto, should I prefer Aspire over Jazz? Which one would offer better interiors between the two?
Old 12th August 2015, 16:38   #747
BHPian

Competitive pricing. But I hope Ford generate some hype around it in next few weeks. Because that seems to be the weakest link right now.

Although I have not experienced the product apart from at a mall display, I have a feeling this will come across as a more complete car than most of its rivals.

What interests me is indeed the DCT variant with 110 bhp. How would that fare against GT TSI. It has more claimed power, should be more spacious and after sales are better for Ford. Equipment wise I think Aspire again has an advantage. So will it be the more loved choice by practical enthusiasts?
vivekz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 16:43   #748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
The auto variant comes with two airbags only. It is offered in Titanium trim only.

BTW guys, if someone like me who already owns a Ford is considering an auto, should I prefer Aspire over Jazz? Which one would offer better interiors between the two?
Interiors of Aspire are decent and so are Jazz.

I would suggest staying away from CVT options as they are not as much fun to drive as DCT or DSG. Would suggest looking at Ford or if you are looking for some update feel then Vento TSI or Polo TSI.
heydj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 16:45   #749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Guess people like me who desperately want to have AT figo are plenty. Yes, what AT options do we have for Missuses and our dads to drive?
Unsafe Alto , expensive Brio and Polo, uninvolving Micra, bland celerio and the not so popular Nano.

Figo AT will be as refreshing as the Creta in the SUV scene. Lets hope Ford gives an AT figo.
Why only "missus and dads". Lets not stereotype.

AT is a boon for everyone, regardless of gender and age.

Infact, my next car would be an AT as well. And the Ford Figo dual clutch presents a very good case for itself, being a DSG.
DCEite is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 16:46   #750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
In terms of interiors it is personal preference, but if you look at power/handling then the following things in favour of Ford.

1. 1.5lit Petrol Vs 1.2 lit Jazz Petrol
2. DCT Vs Conventional CVT
3. Driving dynamics of Ford is any day better than Honda. You already have a Ford so you know.
4. Ford is cheaper and better VFM.

Cheers
MKP
mkpiyengar is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks