Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2015, 08:17   #901
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Deepak, do you know how Ford has increased the power output to 100? Can the same be done to Fiesta?
Not sure. Couldn't get anything from the reviews so far. Hope our official review has some detail around it. If its only a software tweak with no change of hardware, this and a bit more can be safetly achieved in the Fiesta using a remap. I will try and get some information using my contacts at Ford service, but will take time.

Forgot to add some pics that I had taken.

The theme of the interior was not to my liking at all. An awful shade of light yellow it was.
Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-img_20150818_142802292.jpg
No one will say the rear legroom is short.
Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-img_20150818_142629613_hdr.jpg

Wish black was an option for the interiors atleast. Ford got it in the hatchback, so just a case of offering in the sedan too. Please Ford!
deetjohn is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 08:41   #902
BHPian

Did a test drive of the diesel Aspire and came away impressed with the power. But one disappointment was the width available for the driver in the ABC pedal area, I felt it was cramped, compared even with my current car the i10. I am 5'11 in height.

Also one more point is the driver side door panel(interior) flexes when the power window is operated, did not check the other doors.

Last edited by anandtheleo : 19th August 2015 at 08:43.
anandtheleo is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 09:13   #903
Senior - BHPian

Had a look at the aspire yesterday at MPL Ford chennai. Could not get a TD as I am looking for a auto transmission which was yet to be despatched to the dealer. The SA couldn't even give me a timeframe on when I can TD a Automatic one.
Nothing to rave about except the rear space and the seats. It is definitely a 5 seater car. 3 people can be easily sitting at the back if they are moderately built. The rear seat leg room is spacious. Will post more if I can get a TD.
Waiting period is 3 months already
Old 19th August 2015, 09:18   #904
BHPian

To all the members who did test drives, I own a classic and the build cant be criticized in any way. Since the aspire is being priced at the same level or more, is the build and plastics bad?

The thickness of the sheet metal and its good and bad has been discussed in length, but are the door frames mean? I mean the thud.

Ford does its fair share of comparing its cars with the other cars in the same segment, but they never compromised on driveability or build. is this put to shame now?

Teambhp review would shed more light, but the wait is still on
Old 19th August 2015, 09:20   #905
Senior - BHPian

^^
Thanks @deetjohn for your views and the pics.
I think Ford has a good package and the car will sell well (but not be a blockbuster).
Also, it seems the diesel engine is a winner but the petrol is a downer.
Also, it seems that Ford has gone the mass market way - lighter build, light steering, good mileage, decent feature set, reasonably spacious.

One thing I din't like from the pics is the really bland door pad design (cost cutting I guess)
- No fabric on the door pads (?)
- No bottle holders in the rear
- No chrome or silver finish on the interior handles.

Also, 15 inch wheels would have been nice.

Last edited by adimicra : 19th August 2015 at 09:22.
Old 19th August 2015, 09:24   #906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Waiting period is 3 months already
I heard that the dispatches are in full swing and waiting period should be at minimum. the shorter shipping period to the south doesn't apply for the aspire, since its totally out of Sanand.

Did you check with Chennai Ford. since MPL is not anymore the favored dealer(atleast for many of the friends who bought ford)

Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 09:36   #907
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self Driven View Post
To all the members who did test drives, I own a classic and the build cant be criticized in any way. Since the aspire is being priced at the same level or more, is the build and plastics bad?

The thickness of the sheet metal and its good and bad has been discussed in length, but are the door frames mean? I mean the thud.

Ford does its fair share of comparing its cars with the other cars in the same segment, but they never compromised on driveability or build. is this put to shame now?

Teambhp review would shed more light, but the wait is still on
In my opinion, the plastics are mostly good apart from a few bits here and there. Build is definitely not typical Ford. You do not get that sense of solidity associated with the Ecosport/Fiesta or the Germans. This is felt most in the doors, they do not close with a solid thud. It is very obvious from the doors that the build is not as solid as the other Fords. It is typical of the segment. This is the area they have compromised a little to enable them to be on par with the segment prices in spite of offering a bigger engine, additional safety and the DCT gearbox.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 10:09   #908
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
^^
...Deepak, do you know how Ford has increased the power output to 100? Can the same be done to Fiesta?
Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Not sure. Couldn't get anything from the reviews so far. Hope our official review has some detail around it. If its only a software tweak with no change of hardware, this and a bit more can be safetly achieved in the Fiesta using a remap. I will try and get some information using my contacts at Ford service, but will take time.

It is more than just a remap. There is a difference in the Turbo, but I'm not sure of the extent of these changes.
fiat_tarun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 12:33   #909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
It is more than just a remap. There is a difference in the Turbo, but I'm not sure of the extent of these changes.

This is interesting. Could please you share the source of this info?
Both the ecosport and the aspire are confirmed to be using an FGT. Are you saying that they changed the turbo to another FGT?
Old 19th August 2015, 13:09   #910
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
This is interesting. Could please you share the source of this info?
Both the ecosport and the aspire are confirmed to be using an FGT. Are you saying that they changed the turbo to another FGT?
Lets just say the source is a list of new parts for this engine, displayed at their engine plant and everything on it was related to the turbo.

Since it was all one line entries without any description, I am not sure of the FGT, VGT part or more details of the changes.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 19th August 2015 at 13:10.
fiat_tarun is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 21:18   #911
BANNED

Just now had a test drive of Aspire diesel Trend. I'm coming from a Zen and also having driven my Dad's Figo. The car does look good, I think the best compact sedan.
Positives
* Brilliant driveability
* Excellent backseat comfort
* Good steering feedback
* Brilliant ride and handling
Negatives
* Doors are light and is rattle prone
* Cramped footwell
* Clutch is not very light, but better than Vento
The drive was done at night and was through a winding section, the car handles beautifully and you won't be having any problem taking those curves at high speeds. But this ain't the Fiesta or Figo for that matter. Those two are a class ahead. The ergonomics was good and the interior quality was adequate. The controls are oriented for India unlike Figo.The NVH is good enough and the bonnet has insulation. The tires are strictly average and an upgrade is a must for enthusiastic drivers. Would I stick to my booking? Very tough to be honest, I'm gonna test drive Vento AT and Fiesta MT tomorrow and decide. Seen here is the low beam illumination
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-image.jpg  

Last edited by The Rationalist : 19th August 2015 at 21:21.
The Rationalist is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 08:15   #912
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Would I stick to my booking? Very tough to be honest, I'm gonna test drive Vento AT and Fiesta MT tomorrow and decide.
If you have the budget for a Vento AT or the Fiesta, I would suggest to go with one of those rather than the Aspire. The former maybe a better option as Fiesta's future looks pretty bleak in the Indian market. Not that the Aspire is bad, but if you have option to buy something from a segment above, why settle with a micro sedan?
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 13:20   #913
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
If you have the budget for a Vento AT or the Fiesta, but if you have option to buy something from a segment above, why settle with a micro sedan?
Dear vb-san, If I remember correctly from my test drive 2 years back,the ride of Vento was bit bouncy and the handling not as good as Fiesta. Besides I would be spending 3 more lakhs which is not a wise economic decision for an investor like me! But will again do a test drive.
The Rationalist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 13:33   #914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear vb-san, If I remember correctly from my test drive 2 years back,the ride of Vento was bit bouncy and the handling not as good as
Did you pre book the Aspire?
The ride in Vento is pretty bouncy, thanks to the soft suspension set up. In terms of dynamics, there is just no comparison between Fiesta and Vento, Ford is light years ahead in ride,handling, chassis balance and steering.

As vb-san says, Fiesta's future is bleak in India, if you still buy it overlooking this fact, it is the best driver's car below 15 lakhs. Dynamics of this car are special and the germans dont even stand a chance here, i own both Vento and Fiesta, if you have any doubts, PM me.
coolboy007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 13:54   #915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Did you pre book the Aspire?
The ride in Vento is pretty bouncy, thanks to the soft suspension set up. In terms of dynamics, there is just no comparison between Fiesta and Vento, Ford is light years ahead in ride,handling, chassis balance and steering.

As vb-san says, Fiesta's future is bleak in India, if you still buy it overlooking this fact, it is the best driver's car below 15 lakhs. Dynamics of this car are special and the germans dont even stand a chance here, i own both Vento and Fiesta, if you have any doubts, PM me.
Coolboy, have you had a chance to drive the aspire yet?
If not, given your extensive experience with the Fiesta & the Vento, we'd appreciate a comparo among the three in terms of driving dynamics and performance.
Thanks!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks