Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2015, 16:39   #991
BHPian

Re: Ford discontinues production of Figo, Classic & Fiesta

According to Motorbeam (not sure about the credibility of the source) Ford Figo Aspire has made bookings in the range of 4000-5000 in the first month. Is this a good number ? Do you guys think it will further pick up coming festive season.

Last edited by Aditya : 5th September 2015 at 06:59. Reason: Spacing
Old 4th September 2015, 17:05   #992
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uddalakgupta View Post
The Figo Aspire was launched on August 12, with its formal price announcement. It's been over 3 weeks now, and yet no signs of an Official Review. Simply inexplicable! Earlier, I had thought that TBHP was waiting for the price reveal. Now, I no longer know what to think. Mod, bring it on please. We are waiting.
Maybe, it is because they are working professionals, who have to stay employed, and have to stay married and have to not disappoint their children (most) and have to deliver an absolute zinger of a review to the exacting standards of a few good men, renowned for their quality obsession in the automotive internet world!

Not easy - there's a thing such as real life that sometimes comes in the middle. :-)

/I will make the effort to TD it (no showroom nearby) only after the review comes out - though the look is oh so gorgeous, although the rear leg space is clearly lesser than what the missus has asked for, in the next car, but the TDCi-AT is intriguing!
//did you know GTO's 2006 post - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...s-quality.html is still updated with the IDs of the latest mods. Now that's quality obsession!
phamilyman is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 17:21   #993
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post
Just wanted to check guys, if I get Tax paid proof is it safe to drive without number with all other papers (have Tax invoice/Insurance papers)
Your car looks great in that colour! Regarding the papers, I think driving down to Mumbai without a permanent number may be risky.
AkMar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 18:10   #994
BHPian

Quote:
Just drove this beauty home happy with the entire buying process
Congratulations on Bringing Korea Gold Titanium home.
Please do post more pictures of your ride. Is this Titanium or Titanium+ ? I am confused between White & Korea Gold for Titanium+ Diesel variant. Did you opted for any accessories from Ford for your ride. In case if you travel to Mumbai in upcoming days, then do update us on the overall experience during journey.

Last edited by Aditya : 5th September 2015 at 06:59. Reason: Fixing quote tag, formatting
Old 4th September 2015, 18:20   #995
BHPian

Thanks @aeroamit this is the Diesel Titanium version, more pics and initial review on the way also planning to do a video feature.

I opted only for 2 additional accessories from the dealer currently - Vinyl Seat Covers and IVRM camera along with 3M under body and paint protection package. No plans to replace OEM tyres.

If all goes well with getting the number on time until tomorrow I would capture expressway ride feedback in my initial review and about the color IMO white shade feels as if it tones down the aggressive stance of front grill slightly.
KreativeGeek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 18:32   #996
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks @aeroamit this is the Diesel Titanium version, more pics and initial review on the way also planning to do a video feature.

I opted only for 2 additional accessories from the dealer currently - Vinyl Seat Covers and IVRM camera along with 3M under body and paint protection package. No plans to replace OEM tyres.

If all goes well with getting the number on time until tomorrow I would capture expressway ride feedback in my initial review and about the color IMO white shade feels as if it tones down the aggressive stance of front grill slightly.

Thanks a lot for the update. I am interested to know the installation location of IVRM camera (installed on rear Bumper by Drilling or above License Plate using frame) as this is in my list for purchase apart from Body side moulding.
Old 4th September 2015, 19:17   #997

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Maybe, it is because they are working professionals, who have to stay employed, and have to stay married and have to not disappoint their children (most) and have to deliver an absolute zinger of a review to the exacting standards of a few good men, renowned for their quality obsession in the automotive internet world!

Not easy - there's a thing such as real life that sometimes comes in the middle. :-)

/I will make the effort to TD it (no showroom nearby) only after the review comes out - though the look is oh so gorgeous, although the rear leg space is clearly lesser than what the missus has asked for, in the next car, but the TDCi-AT is intriguing!
//did you know GTO's 2006 post - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...s-quality.html is still updated with the IDs of the latest mods. Now that's quality obsession!
Point taken, Phantom and Arnab. Agree my tone was too strident. No offence intended. Looking forward to the TBHP review - always thorough and professional.
Uddalakgupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2015, 01:04   #998
BHPian

Quote:
Just drove this beauty home happy with the entire buying process, driving to Mumbai tomorrow for a family function, only issue is number has not been allotted to the car yet due to Bharat Bandh Strike on Wednesday RTO office was closed in Pune, Sales rep mentioned that I would get payment confirmation of Tax via SMS and he is trying to get the number for me by late evening or morning tomorrow.

Just wanted to check guys, if I get Tax paid proof is it safe to drive without number with all other papers (have Tax invoice/Insurance papers)
Congratulations! Hope it serves you reliably for years to come!
The Gold colour looks quite fresh on this car.A good option for people who want a lighter shade for their Aspire and want something other than white or silver without being too flashy.Will love to hear about your opinion about the visibility of dust and grime over this colour.My only concern is that if one wishes to retain his car for a long time,and god forbid, needs a touch-up job,will the paint shops be able to do it accurately with not-so-common colours like this.
dragonov007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2015, 21:26   #999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonov007 View Post
Congratulations! Hope it serves you reliably for years to come!
The Gold colour looks quite fresh on this car.A good option for people who want a lighter shade for their Aspire and want something other than white or silver without being too flashy.Will love to hear about your opinion about the visibility of dust and grime over this colour.My only concern is that if one wishes to retain his car for a long time,and god forbid, needs a touch-up job,will the paint shops be able to do it accurately with not-so-common colours like this.
Thanks draganov007, gold shade is able to mask dust that settles on the car body to a great extent, muck spots would get noticed, I agree that colors like these are difficult to get touch up jobs done from multibrand car service centers or regular denting painting joints

Nevertheless had a great drive on it's highway trip all along the expressway to Mumbai today!
KreativeGeek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2015, 09:18   #1000
BHPian

Quote:
Nevertheless had a great drive on it's highway trip all along the expressway to Mumbai today!
Congrats on the new car KreativeGeek! The car in this shade looks awesome actually as compared to when I saw it on the brochure.

Just a question; how does the 1.5 diesel weigh up on the expressway run that you did now and the stability feel? if you have driven a dzire or an amaze, can you do a comparison please?

Thanks in advance and happy mile munching.
Old 6th September 2015, 12:03   #1001
BHPian

Test drove the diesel Aspire yesterday. I am in love with the engine. What a hoot it is to drive. The acceleration is awesome and the sound of the engine inside the cabin is also good. It is like a humming kind of sound. Does not sound like a diesel at all. The suspension is more tuned towards a comfortable ride than outright handling. However, there are bits in the cabin which are not put together very well. The plastic bit below the gear lever was moving around when I put some pressure on it. Nonetheless, the car is great. Great pricing and great engine. Will definitely be my next car sometime next year. The staff was friendly and the attendant knew everything about the car as well. Good job Ford.
when I went back to my car after driving the Aspire, my Vista felt slow.
bigben is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2015, 18:12   #1002
BHPian

The following is the on road pricing in Hyderabad effective 1-Sep for mettalic colors (inclusive of extended 3rd year warranty and 6k worth accessories):

Petrol
Ambiente - 6.05l
Trend - 7.08l
Titanium - 8.18l
Titanium+ - 8.83l
Titanium AT - 9.48l

Diesel
Ambiente - 7.24l
Trend - 8.27l
Titanium - 9.37l
Titanium+ - 10.02l

Took a test drive if the petrol car.
My initial observations were that the car had a good build and looked awesome.

Equipment levels on Trend and Titanium are awesome, the Ford dock is a real functional feature. Lots of cubbyholes and storage spaces.

However the front seat doesn't feel quite spacious due to the steering being too forward into you and the dashboard flowing through to the gear knob eats into some space.

OVRMs are very small IMO and the field of view is severely restricted. Rearview mirrors are decent size but thick C pillars and an upward sloping parcel tray severally restrict rear view. Doesn't inspire confidence while driving.

Boot size is same as Zest but not as functional as some exposed metal bits and boot hinges eat into the space.

Coming to the driving experience - the steering was a bit vague but still decent.

The petrol engine is a deal killer - period! It is way too lethargic - 88bhp power is nowhere to be tapped into. The engine forces you to drive sedately. If you got the organ the engine gives you a nice whirring sound. That's it! No change in speed.

I was in 40 at 4th gear and whatever acceleration i gave, the car stayed at 40 on a straight road. On downshifting, the speed increases at its own lethargic pace.

In a highway type scenario, overtaking episodes seem like a scene from daily soap operas - the same scene is being shown for 3 minutes with nothing happening .

I was too excited about this car but not anymore. The diesel is 1.2l rupees dearer and my usage doesn't justify a diesel car.

After the aspire test drive, I did a TD of Bolt and the car was just too eager to respond to my driving.

Last edited by dheepak10 : 6th September 2015 at 18:21. Reason: Adding some clarity
dheepak10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2015, 18:57   #1003
BHPian

Has there been a price increase ? The prices I have from Mody Ford (Secunderabad) are slightly lesser.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-office-lens-aspire-pricelist-3.jpg  

Old 6th September 2015, 19:31   #1004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacob View Post
Has there been a price increase ? The prices I have from Mody Ford (Secunderabad) are slightly lesser.
Yes they have increased by around 2K it seems across most variants, luckily my car's billing was done in the month of Aug itself because the dealer smartly tried to sneak these charges to my final down payment on which I raised objection so he got it adjusted against accessories pricing.
Old 6th September 2015, 20:20   #1005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheepak10 View Post

I was in 40 at 4th gear and whatever acceleration i gave, the car stayed at 40 on a straight road. On downshifting, the speed increases at its own lethargic pace.
Wow thats bad bad news! I realized that manual petrol was not a street scorcher but this sounds like its even worse than the current Figo petrol (I've driven figo petrol and its decent in city)? Is the engine so lethargic? This can pose some risk when you expect the car to move ahead while overtaking but its stuck at the same speed.

I am a sedate driver and considering manual petrol variant, as my usage is limited and mostly within city. Guess only a test drive can clear these doubts.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks