Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2015, 12:18   #1051
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Took delivery of Aspire AT in Ruby red. Apologies for photos snapped using phone. Got the shark fin antenna, Scuff plates and Reverse sensors. Review after I complete 1000 kms.
Planning to change the interior color to black, I hate beige.
How do you find the AC performance in the kochi heat? My friend who Test drove the AT felt the AC performance was very poor at 2.30pm on a hot day in Bangalore. Was wondering if it was a TD car issue or whether ac performance is actually poor.
Old 14th September 2015, 12:56   #1052
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
How do you find the AC performance in the kochi heat? My friend who Test drove the AT felt the AC performance was very poor at 2.30pm on a hot day in Bangalore.
Dear Rajeevraj,
I'm very averse to low temperatures, so take it with a pinch of salt! My Dad has a Figo and it's like a freezer for my liking, within a few minutes I have to either keep it on lowest blower or switch off. In Aspire the AC is not a freezer, but still can't tolerate anything below 21. I don't think the AC has any issues, it's up there among the best. Maybe I'm intolerant to cold!
Regards,
The Rationalist.
The Rationalist is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 17:31   #1053
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
After taking a test drive he came out all impressed with turbocharged Revotron, space and overall quality VFM Zest offers, and almost decided to go ahead with Tata. But alas! Tata's fate played it's part and he was advised by his parents to stay away from Tata. Apparently for no reason!

He took a TD of Aspire thrice till date. He liked it very much. And finally decided to drop it. Reason? This time his BIL said it has less boot space and doesn't look that premium from inside!

This time again his wife didn't like Ecosport's cabin plastic quality and said if you wanna buy SUV then why not proper SUV like Scorpio!

He hasn't booked any car yet.

Oh, your poor friend!

Best solution = Buy the car and then make the announcement. At the most, involve your wife in the buying procedure.

In the olden days, it was necessary to 'ask around' for opinions. Today, with the internet, you can become an informed customer in 24 hours by reading up at the right sources (i.e. Team-BHP!).

Buy the car you are sold on. Make the announcement. Enjoy your car (regardless of what others think).

Except for the Sunny (which was the family workhorse), the other 4 cars I brought home were all surprises for the family. They didn't have a clue!
GTO is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 20:04   #1054

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Oh, your poor friend!
Best solution = Buy the car and then make the announcement. At the most, involve your wife in the buying procedure.
Totally agree, GTO. Reminds me of the story of the father, the son son and the donkey where they tried taking into account everyone's opinion, and ended up looking silly. Nobody else is going to drive our cars but ourselves - we should decide what works best for us, after gathering the information we seek. Speaking of which, any idea GTO when the official review of the Figo Aspire will be appearing on these pages?

Last edited by ampere : 14th September 2015 at 22:52. Reason: Reduced quoted post
Old 14th September 2015, 21:57   #1055
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uddalakgupta View Post
Speaking of which, any idea GTO when the official review of the Figo Aspire will be appearing on these pages?
I'd say within a week, buddy.

Reason behind the delay = We didn't get enough time with the car at the media drive (a handful of hours in total). We simply cannot cover a car in that little time. Impossible. Unthinkable. Neither will we publish a lame review, nor will BHPians like you accept one.

That's why, whenever we are invited for a media drive, the only one thing we ask of manufacturers is to give us time with the car. Forget the fancy hotel rooms, the lavish dinners etc. etc. They are pointless if we don't get sufficient time to understand the product. It amazes me how many miss the wood for the trees.

We later got the car in Mumbai and covered it entirely. Give us a couple of days, it'll be up. Our reviews have a useful life of 10 years minimum; 5 - 7 years that the car is in production, and another couple of years for those looking to buy it used. Between a deadline & quality, you very well know which I'll pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Maybe, it is because they are working professionals, who have to stay employed, and have to stay married and have to not disappoint their children (most) and have to deliver an absolute zinger of a review to the exacting standards of a few good men, renowned for their quality obsession in the automotive internet world!

Not easy - there's a thing such as real life that sometimes comes in the middle. :-)

/I will make the effort to TD it (no showroom nearby) only after the review comes out - though the look is oh so gorgeous, although the rear leg space is clearly lesser than what the missus has asked for, in the next car, but the TDCi-AT is intriguing!
//did you know GTO's 2006 post - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...s-quality.html is still updated with the IDs of the latest mods. Now that's quality obsession!
Thank you, Phamilyman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Dear Uddalakgupta

Pls. hold on to your horses bro!!

You need to understand that our Mods are also working professionals and like most of us here, automobiles runs in their veins.

They are invariably busy with a no. of other commitments at the same time.
Request you to tone down your views a bit.

Also, you need to understand that the reviewing of a car takes a lot of time, effort and concentration.
Only post that, once our Mods are satisfied with the reports, is the final post printed.

T-Bhp reviews are one of the most unbiased of all automotive reviews and takes into account the minutest of details and highlights most of the pros and cons.

To know more about how a car is reviewed, please refer to this very informative post:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ives-work.html

You will be rewarded with a review sooner than later.
Till then, just some patience bro!!
Thank you, Arnab.

Last edited by GTO : 14th September 2015 at 22:00.
GTO is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 22:26   #1056

Quote:

Reason behind the delay = We didn't get enough time with the car at the media drive (a handful of hours in total). We simply cannot cover a car in that little time. Impossible. Unthinkable. Neither will we publish a lame review, nor will BHPians like you accept one.
Well said, GTO. I had already realised the error of my ways, and responded to PhamilyMan and Arnab Bring it on when you folks are nice and ready. We certainly are! Always great to see people who love what they do. It shows in BHP reviews.

Last edited by ampere : 14th September 2015 at 22:53. Reason: Fixed Quotes
Uddalakgupta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 09:19   #1057

Finally got the response I was looking for! GTO, I haven't booked the car yet though I test drove the same here in Bangalore. Must say I loved it. I think the engine response and carefully designed interiors are the best in class. I will book the car after reading your comprehensive review. Can't wait...!
Old 15th September 2015, 11:50   #1058
BHPian

Got a chance to TD the Aspire Diesel yesterday. Boy, was super impressed! Looks pretty neat in flesh. Physically, the car looks well balanced (decent enough) and the otherwise small tires (that really looks small in pictures), seemed pretty okay (Not sure if its got to do with the vehicle color also, to some extent).

Moving to the interiors, I found the plastic quality to be pretty decent however the interior color wasn't to my liking (all beige), though, it does make the interiors seem spacious and airy.

One major (IMO) sore point I found was the the placement of the pedals (if the official review is still on, please highlight if this is really true). Found the pedal well to be really tight in terms of space and forget about a dead pedal, I kept brushing the dashboard panel to my left hand side every time I used the clutch pedal. Moving around the pedals wasn't really comfortable (can get tiring in a stop and go situation).

The 1.5, 100 HP unit felt pretty responsive with hardly any noticeable turbo lag. Found the power delivery to be smooth and turbo kick in was pretty much linear. A thing that I noticed however, was the steering feedback. The Sales guy informed me that there is a active feedback cancellation (again, please do enlighten us on this point in the official review ) that does not transmit any vibrations or rough patches on the road to the driver through the steering. To test this, I did drive on some really rough patch (a 'un'professionally dug up of stretch by BBMP ) and though I could feel what the tires and suspension were up to, the vibrations felt through the steering was almost nil!!

Overall, from the short TD, I came out impressive and would seriously consider one if I am in the market for a compact sedan!

Last edited by vinair : 15th September 2015 at 11:52.
Old 15th September 2015, 12:03   #1059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinair View Post
A thing that I noticed however, was the steering feedback. The Sales guy informed me that there is a active feedback cancellation (again, please do enlighten us on this point in the official review ) that does not transmit any vibrations or rough patches on the road to the driver through the steering. To test this, I did drive on some really rough patch (a 'un'professionally dug up of stretch by BBMP ) and though I could feel what the tires and suspension were up to, the vibrations felt through the steering was almost nil!!
EPAS (Electric Power assisted steering) as implemented by Ford has pull drift compensation and Active nibble cancellation. This is what the SA was referring to.

http://touch.india.ford.com/techsection/detail7
d3mon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 14:07   #1060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
How do you find the AC performance in the kochi heat? My friend who Test drove the AT felt the AC performance was very poor at 2.30pm on a hot day in Bangalore. Was wondering if it was a TD car issue or whether ac performance is actually poor.
I drove from Bangalore to Kochi and back last weekend and found the ac performance to be acceptable, but not the best. You have to keep ACC set to 20-21 Deg. Any setting above that was not so comfortable. Throughout the journey, I kept the ACC set to 20 Deg. I would have liked the ACC to be set to 24 or 25 Deg, but it did not seem to help the cause!
vinu99@gmail.co is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 19:09   #1061
BHPian

Quote:
Great to hear that. I hope you got a chance to review the 1.5 Petrol DCT version as well.
Old 18th September 2015, 14:18   #1062
BHPian

Mod Note: Our Aspire Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Planning to change the interior color to black, I hate beige.

Congrats buddy for your new ride. Very curious to know how will you change the interior colour to black. I'd like the same to be done my Aspire. Cheers!!

Last edited by GTO : 18th September 2015 at 16:45. Reason: Linking to Review :)
Old 18th September 2015, 18:53   #1063
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uddalakgupta View Post
Mod, bring it on please. We are waiting.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...al-review.html (Ford Aspire : Official Review)

Eddy is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed