Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2015, 14:25   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire

I took a look at Ford's Brazilian website for the Ka, and came away with some interesting info about the Ka hatchback. More info on this thread, particularly of the interiors: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3630734

Last edited by GTO : 7th February 2015 at 14:49. Reason: Quoted post deleted
Old 6th February 2015, 14:40   #77
BHPian

Rear of upcoming Ford Figo sedan caught on camera. In my opinion, Ford Figo sedan will be the best looking compact sedan as compared to Dzire, Xcent and Zest.
Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-newfordfigocompactsedanrearquarterspiedindia1024x768.jpg

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-newfordfigocompactsedanspiedindia1024x768.jpg

Source: IAB
damager21 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th February 2015, 13:44   #78
BHPian

Interior of the car looks really good, if priced right it can bring good sales number to Ford India, Zest the only minnow in the sub 4 meter sedan class will surely face some heat from this model.

http://indianautosblog.com/2015/02/n...r-spied-167001
Visran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2015, 14:01   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

It will be a pity if these cars are shod with the 1.4L diesel engine. I always had a hunch Ford might do it. These cars do look nice and this could be the best looking compact sedan. Only if they could offer the 1.5L diesel on at least the top end.
Old 7th February 2015, 17:24   #80
Senior - BHPian

Interiors of the next-gen Figo spied

Link to Team-BHP news article

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-nextgenerationfordfigodashboard.jpg

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-nextgenerationfordfigocentreconsole.jpg

Source : Gaadi

Last edited by S2!!! : 7th February 2015 at 17:26.
S2!!! is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th February 2015, 19:34   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
It will be a pity if these cars are shod with the 1.4L diesel engine. I always had a hunch Ford might do it. These cars do look nice and this could be the best looking compact sedan. Only if they could offer the 1.5L diesel on at least the top end.
The ecosport and global fiesta's 1.5 uses the FGT only to generate those 90 horses, so no VGT/FGT differentiation between the models can be shown(unlike the 1.5 dci versions).

Interesting to see which engine in which format will the diesel model will be powered.
Old 7th February 2015, 19:43   #82
Senior - BHPian

The torque on the the Ford NA 1.0 is pretty low compared to the 1.2 K series, Kappas, iVtechs all of which have lighter bodies. Combined the pulling power of this Ford would be 20+ % lower than the 1.2 competition (Brio, Grand i10, Ritz and the likes). Do note that all the 1.2s are highly free revving and none is a laggard.

Not sure how good Ford tuning would be to counter or match the same in terms of drivability.
Old 7th February 2015, 19:46   #83
BHPian

The hatch still looks to plain jane compared to i20, Punto, upcoming Jazz. Even the i10 grand has more zing to its styling.The first gen Figo too had the same problem, it was already looking old when it was launched. I hope Ford does something to pep it up a bit (hopefully not by adding slabs of chrome like Honda and Fiat). Hopefully it will drive like any other Ford which i feel has been Ford's unique trait. The steering feel will hopefully follow the Fiesta and not Ecosport.
The Figo sedan seems to be the most proportionate among all the sub 4metre sedans. But it too looks too plain.
Ford also needs to tighten quality control and open more service centres in tier 2 and 3 cities.
Deep Blue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2015, 20:34   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Hopefully it will drive like any other Ford which i feel has been Ford's unique trait. The steering feel will hopefully follow the Fiesta and not Ecosport.
I really hope the car doesn't come with a light steering to appease to the masses. Excellent dynamics and drive are Ford's strengths.

Hope they price this car right, since the Fiesta just lost its temporary VFM price tag, and the Ecosport is has a light steering feel, this may be the only option for a fun Ford car.

Last edited by kadanaJ : 7th February 2015 at 20:35.
Old 7th February 2015, 20:34   #85
BHPian

To me, front of sedan looks close to new Fiesta which itself is quite good. On rear, proportion appears an improvement over Fiesta. So overall it seems well designed and surely will have sufficient bells & whistles (Xcent/Zest have raised the bar higher). Importantly, hope that Ford would be preparing itself for mass marketing of this product and won't give it the Fiesta treatment. There is already an Ecosport format which is offered in many versions and even have an engine focused on enthusiasts. IMO, offering quality & variety will be more important than trying to compete on pricing.
Old 7th February 2015, 23:32   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
The ecosport and global fiesta's 1.5 uses the FGT only to generate those 90 horses, so no VGT/FGT differentiation between the models can be shown(unlike the 1.5 dci versions).

Interesting to see which engine in which format will the diesel model will be powered.
Can you please elaborate on this point. I am not really familiar with Ford's engines and have only a vague idea of VGT and FGT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
The steering feel will hopefully follow the Fiesta and not Ecosport.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadanaJ View Post
I really hope the car doesn't come with a light steering to appease to the masses.
Found this review of the Brazilian Ford Ka (the only one i could find in english): http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...zilian-market/
This is what they say about the steering:
Quote:
Handling is precise, the electric steering is very light in urban driving and becomes heavier the faster you go (though still numb compared to hydraulic setups)
I have no idea how unbiased and objective the review is.
Old 8th February 2015, 01:24   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
...This is what they say about the steering:
I have no idea how unbiased and objective the review is.
The Ecosport doesn't have a proper electric steering; which means it doesn't weigh up or provide feedback at high speeds, unlike the Fiesta. We do not know which one will Ford go with. For Ecosport, they justified the light steering saying that's what the masses prefer in the segment. The new Figo hatch & sedan targets the mass segment; so we need to wait till the launch for confirmation.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2015, 01:40   #88
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
The Ecosport doesn't have a proper electric steering; which means it doesn't weigh up or provide feedback at high speeds, unlike the Fiesta. We do not know which one will Ford go with. For Ecosport, they justified the light steering saying that's what the masses prefer in the segment. The new Figo hatch & sedan targets the mass segment; so we need to wait till the launch for confirmation.
Sorry but this is untrue. The Ecosport does weigh up and quite significantly. It's just that the Fiesta's is heavier at slow speeds vs the Ecosport which is light but weighs up. Both steerings won't be a cause for complain. It's just that the Ecosport steering takes you by surprise since it's so un-Ford like to have a lighter steering in the city.
Vid6639 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 8th February 2015, 09:16   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Can you please elaborate on this point. I am not really familiar with Ford's engines and have only a vague idea of VGT and FGT.
The 1.5 dci makes 75, 85, 110 hp-the difference is the addition of intercooler, FGT and VGT respectively. Hence they could could show some differentiation across the range- hatch, SUV and premium sedan.

The 1.5 tdci doesn't have such tuning states- only one version with FGT. So will ford use the same engine to power the hatch, CUV and the sedan?
ramzsys is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2015, 11:02   #90
BHPian

caught testing near sanand plant?

WindRide is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks