Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2013, 10:32   #1
Senior - BHPian

Audi India launches cut price, A4 Celebration Edition

Quote:
Audi claims that the A4 with the detuned 2 liter TDI turbo diesel engine delivers a mileage figure of 16.55 Kmpl. This very engine is also available in a higher state of tune on higher variants of the A4, with outputs of 170 Bhp-350 Nm. The more powerful version of the 2 liter TDI engine gets a 7 speed automatic gearbox. Meanwhile, here are the various changes/omissions on the "Celebration Edition" of the Audi A4:

17 inch alloy wheels (replaced by 16 inchers)
Sun roof
Cruise control
Wood inserts on dashboard
Electric adjustment for passenger seat
Electrically adjustable wing mirrors
White paint shade "only colour" offered on the Celebration Edition
Source & Full Article

Last edited by GTO : 14th November 2013 at 14:27. Reason: Adding link to our own news item
sarathlal is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th November 2013, 10:48   #2
Senior - BHPian

Seems like they're trying to get rid of old 2.0 tdi stock, quite alot of features have been deleted, plus the engine and transmission in this state of tune is nothing to talk about.
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2013, 11:08   #3
Team-BHP Support

re: Audi India launches cut price, A4 Celebration Edition

The price may look attractive, but other than the Audi logo, there is absolutely nothing to celebrate IMO. In comparison, the Jetta Highline looks to be a good bargain.

Last edited by vb-saan : 14th November 2013 at 11:12.
vb-saan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th November 2013, 11:10   #4
DRC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
[*]Only white color is available
funny, the ad in TOI sports a blue car!
I dont understand the logic of limiting the color choice for limited editions.

Last edited by noopster : 15th November 2013 at 08:05.
DRC is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th November 2013, 11:11   #5
Senior - BHPian

Audi might be testing the water to see if a lower priced Audi A4 could take some buyers off the premium hatches from Merc and BMW. When compared to Merc A/B or BMW 1 series, this seems to be competitive.

Isn't this the same engine tune seen in lowest variant of Audi Q3?

Last edited by zenren : 14th November 2013 at 11:27.
Old 14th November 2013, 11:14   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC View Post
funny, the ad in TOI sports a blue car!
I dont understand the logic of limiting the color choice for limited editions.
Yea, actually, the fine print on the bottom part of that picture says, only white color is available

EDIT: <Oops, just noticed, that bottom part was addition from IAB site, and not the actual ad shot, sorry for that>

Last edited by sarathlal : 14th November 2013 at 11:16.
Old 14th November 2013, 11:19   #7
Team-BHP Support

Overall a smart move.

Gets them to offload the remaining 140 bhp engine stock.

The 177bhp new upgrade tries to woo buyers who prefer the other two brands who don't thus far didn't approve Audi's lower bhp.

The cut price edition also tempts some people to look at it as a slightly swankier option instead of a new Octavia for "some" more money but not full price Audi A4 money.
Old 14th November 2013, 11:27   #8
Senior - BHPian

Merry time for bargain hunters. Audi has wisely chosen to call this the "Celebration edition" instead of the "Corporate edition". A wise decision getting rid of the unsold A4 inventory before bringing in the A3. AFAIK, there is a similar stripped-down version of the A6 too also available (sans Sun-roof, wood trimmed dashboard replaced with a silver trim and smaller sized alloys).

Assuming the OTR price of the A4 Celebration Edition would be closer to the 28-29 mark, one can probably infer that Audi may bring in the A3 at the 25-26 OTR price range pan-India.

Last edited by 9thsphinx : 14th November 2013 at 11:30.
9thsphinx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2013, 11:44   #9
BHPian

This is actually the old AUDI itself which was earlier called "Business Edition". They have been trying hard to get rid of it.

Without any features nobody would be willing to pay just for the logo.When the Passat is more feature rich than the fully loaded Audi, why would anyone pay more than the Passat for an Audi with basically no features.
microaubin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2013, 12:46   #10
Senior - BHPian

The price may attract a few fence sitters/ rental types. How does one justify buying a car at 30odd OTR without cruise control and folding mirrors? The omission of the wood trim is alright, but 16 inch wheels will definitely make it look cheap.

This is certainly a clearance sale, white colour is the cheapest among the VAG choices, so they have taken great pains to preserve their margins no matter how bad the final package ends up to be.

The car in the advert has 18" alloy wheels which are part of $1600/- package in the A4, I wonder what the 16 inchers look like.
Old 14th November 2013, 16:52   #11
BHPian

Re: Audi India launches cut price, A4 Celebration Edition

After spotting this ad in today's Times of India, i called up Audi Jaipur.
I was shocked to hear that this version doesn't come with DRL's!
Also, the lack of electric adjustable ORVM is a big downer.

But on the brighter side, it does come with 8 airbags.

One more thing to note: This is the same engine/tune which powers the 4x4 Skoda Yeti, Audi Q3, Skoda Superb and many other cars from the VW stable.
Old 14th November 2013, 18:18   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepakS View Post
After spotting this ad in today's Times of India, i called up Audi Jaipur.
I was shocked to hear that this version doesn't come with DRL's!
Also, the lack of electric adjustable ORVM is a big downer.

But on the brighter side, it does come with 8 airbags.

One more thing to note: This is the same engine/tune which powers the 4x4 Skoda Yeti, Audi Q3, Skoda Superb and many other cars from the VW stable.
I guess, this one have xenons, the mirrors are electrically adjustable but not foldable. The features list is good, if you're willing to forget the auto folding function. But the main downer is the engine and gearbox, the car is just very lazy.
Old 14th November 2013, 18:36   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post

I guess, this one have xenons, the mirrors are electrically adjustable but not foldable. The features list is good, if you're willing to forget the auto folding function. But the main downer is the engine and gearbox, the car is just very lazy.
Yes. The engine is a big downer! Cruze whips the A4 on outright acceleration! The only good thing about the A4 is the Audi badge! A 25+ lakh rupee car without auto folding mirrors? C'mon Audi! Even the 6L rupee Micra comes with auto folding mirrors. But then, those DRLs are the trademark of an Audi without them, it'll just be another Passat on the road. If you notice today's ad in TOI, Audi have shown only the side profile of the car, they didn't show the front where the most striking feature is missing - the DRLs.
saadat1992 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2013, 20:12   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Audi India launches cut price, A4 Celebration Edition

The DRL's on the Audi and the the corona rings on the BMW have become such trademark features that any car from there stable just doesn't feel right to own without these 2 features. I doubt many people will opt for this since the OTR price is only 2-3 L cheaper than the regular models of the A4 and 3 series. These car makers define luxury in our market and hence omission of basic features like Auto folding mirrors is a strict No No from a customers point of view. I would hate to own this and hear someone commenting that there 5L Rs hatch has this feature which the Audi doesn't!

Does this atleast have ACC? Asking because the Q3 sports edition ( Ex-showroom of 25L approx) comes without DRLs and Manual AC!
Old 14th November 2013, 20:31   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
The DRL's on the Audi and the the corona rings on the BMW have become such trademark features that any car from there stable just doesn't feel right to own without these 2 features. I doubt many people will opt for this since the OTR price is only 2-3 L cheaper than the regular models of the A4 and 3 series. These car makers define luxury in our market and hence omission of basic features like Auto folding mirrors is a strict No No from a customers point of view. I would hate to own this and hear someone commenting that there 5L Rs hatch has this feature which the Audi doesn't!

Does this atleast have ACC? Asking because the Q3 sports edition ( Ex-showroom of 25L approx) comes without DRLs and Manual AC!
This one has dual zone, I guess. Only thing gone is auto folding, cruise, small alloys and couple of nic nacks in interiors. I guess this is the old business edition with older tune of engine, which Audi is trying to clear stocks. I might be wrong though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks