Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2014, 14:09   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW announces Global Recall of 26 lakh cars (including for the 7-Speed DSG)

Why has this thread lost momentum?
Have the car owners got the oil changed (this affects service intervals as well by the way)?

What is the written communication from VW group on this?
Old 13th May 2014, 09:20   #62
BHPian

Hi guys,
Resurrecting this old thread.

The mineral oil switch recall is happening now albeit quietly. After continuous mails to VW and communications with local dealer, they have confirmed that my 04/13 Polo GT's VIN is in the list and I have dropped it at their workshop for the fix. This fix includes a software update connecting to VW server and is not a simple drive in drive out fix, so plan accordingly. Will update on any change in feel after getting the car back from them today.

Also member @Drjanakpatel has got his Polo GT DSG oil switched during annual service last week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDD View Post
Finally VW got in touch with me and based on my VIN number it seems I already have mineral oil in my DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortsell View Post
Has anyone from chennai driving a vento/polo received a call yet for the oil change?
Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
I feel that VW does not want to make it a matter of public interest in India, so they are discreet and may contact the owners directly.
Fellow VAG car owners, do follow up and undergo the fix if your ride is part of the recall ASAP, considering its the peak summer now.

Cheers,
D.

Last edited by delta5 : 13th May 2014 at 09:35. Reason: Quoting other owners.
Old 14th June 2014, 10:13   #63

Having read this thread I see that a lot of people are/were apprehensive about the recall of the polo/vento tsi.. However I was wondering if any of the polo/vento tsi owners have actually experienced any problems in India whether of a DSG failure or otherwise..

This would actually help a lot of us prospective TSI buyers who are sitting on the fence to decide..
Old 23rd December 2014, 16:07   #64
BHPian

Found an article. Though it says is is applicable for the the Jetta hybrid. I guess the same is also applicable for the Polo/Vento TSIs which make use of the DQ200 gearbox.

Quote:
Problem Description
Over time, the internal gearbox lead frame may corrode due to certain gearbox fluid additives used in original gearbox filling. If corrosion deposits collect between electrical wiring, an electrical short in the power supply may result in blown gearbox fuses and the deactivation of the gearbox hydraulic pump or mechatronic unit. The driver will immediately be alerted by a flashing gear indicator warning lamp in the instrument cluster and the vehicle will lose motive power but can coast to a stop. Loss of motive power while driving may increase the risk of a crash. All other vehicle systems, such as the engine, steering, and brakes, etc. remain unaffected and fully operational.
Corrective Action
Replace existing synthetic gearbox oil with a new, mineral based oil with non-corrosive additives to prevent future failure.
shetty_rohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2015, 01:02   #65
BHPian

Just came across this thread and realised it was referencing an issue I have been having for a while now with the 7 Speed DSG in my 2013 Vento TSI.

Here is the link to the thread I have started.

VW has already tried a couple of fixes so I thought it would be helpful to stay updated with the process.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks